Canada Serving Canada.

I spotted a crossfire today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I spotted a crossfire today!!!

Sparkie srt6

Yes thanks again I will let you know Tue night, it drove real nice and my wife was very comfortable, its alot like our 300c (Chrysler look and feel) which made her realy comfortable.

I have always wanted to go to Deals Gap on my bike, but never have anyone to go with and my wife can't ride very far due to back issues, maybe we'll go to the Dragon with the group as that weekend will be our 28th wedding aniversry.

May need new tires to go there, only 20% left maybe I could get them state side.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:20 AM

About the mirrors and blind spots:
Thanks for replies! my car came with the little mirrors attached to both side mirrors. The perspective is so different on them and with the space they take up i'm not sure that i like them- yet i don't know if i can rip them off without damaging the side mirror surface.

And-i ordered a crankshaft Position sensor at Advanced Auto Parts today just to have with me for my trip to toronto this week. The guy behind the counter looked at me like i had a third head. He had no clue what i was talking about. But we finally found it in the computer

I have driven alone from cleveland to toronto many many times in by big old fat *** dodge magnum. I'm really looking forward to bringing the X and am trying to be prepared in every way i can think of. That includes bringing my laptop so i can stay in touch with my lifelines on the forum. Thanks guys!!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 PM

Wow guy's we just picked up our 05 Graphite auto this is a great little, car!!!

The dealer put the right oil in it after I questioned his original oil change, thanks to Sparkiesrt6 who put me on to the car and had the knowlage to check the oil and actually be able to tell, or smell, touch feel the difference from mobil1
when I asked the dealer he said we use Quakerstate, and I told him as long as he warants it if somthing goes wrong! he then ordered Mobil and had it delivered and changed. (I asked him for the documentation to back it up) all in all I'm pleased with the dealer, he only sells newer used vehicles and has been around for some time.
I checked the air filters and they look original M.B. and are spotless, I will go to a K&N when I replace them.
I reset the maintanence clock, is it realistic to only change oil every 11k, sounds scary to me ?

Any advice?

Thank you all,

Angelo

Old 07-27-2010, 11:09 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angelo,
Congratulations on the car and glad everything worked out well.
Hope to see you soon.

Steve

Old 08-01-2010, 09:08 PM

Cars gret guy's we gave it a 500km shake down today, these little things feel like there on rails in the twisties!

Oh and I didn't see 1 Crossfire today!

Angelo

Old 08-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Cool Re: I spotted a crossfire today!!!

Originally Posted by v2addict
............. these little things feel like there on rails in the twisties!
Oh and I didn't see 1 Crossfire today!Angelo

Not true, sure you did! You just described your great experience in the twisties!

Old 08-02-2010, 09:48 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Cars gret guy's we gave it a 500km shake down today, these little things feel like there on rails in the twisties!

Oh and I didn't see 1 Crossfire today!

Angelo
You would have.......If you had of let us know you were going on an adventure.
How about a little shakedown today??? I'm considering hitting Wasaga in the SRT6.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I saw 3 yesterday in Winter Park in 3 miles. A grey Limited Roadster & 2 SSB coupes (one w/ a NC tag that goes to Full Sail Univ.) I'm going to start playing punch XF instead of punch bug - I will have better odds!

Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by playswithfire
About the mirrors and blind spots:
Thanks for replies! my car came with the little mirrors attached to both side mirrors. The perspective is so different on them and with the space they take up i'm not sure that i like them- yet i don't know if i can rip them off without damaging the side mirror surface.

And-i ordered a crankshaft Position sensor at Advanced Auto Parts today just to have with me for my trip to toronto this week. The guy behind the counter looked at me like i had a third head. He had no clue what i was talking about. But we finally found it in the computer

I have driven alone from cleveland to toronto many many times in by big old fat *** dodge magnum. I'm really looking forward to bringing the X and am trying to be prepared in every way i can think of. That includes bringing my laptop so i can stay in touch with my lifelines on the forum. Thanks guys!!
You can take them off fairly easily. Here's what you do, get a small bottle of Goof Off or a similar product which will dissolve the glue. Once that is applied all around the edges, take a 12" piece of dental floss and start working it like a saw, pulling it toward you. The mirror will come off easily.

You may want to try to keep them on though. Sure, it takes a little getting used to but the advantage is worth it. I have a readster and , when used properly, they allow you to see almost behind your car.
Just my thoughts. Good luck with your car, it sounds like a beauty and it's one of my favorite colors.
Rick

Old 08-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was over in Weber City Va this past Sunday doing some shopping and sitting in the parking lot at Food City was a Graphite Coupe drove over to it and left a note about the forum and then told him to wash the car the front wheels where black from brake dust ,,,,,,, told him I was FP

Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
You would have.......If you had of let us know you were going on an adventure.
How about a little shakedown today??? I'm considering hitting Wasaga in the SRT6.
Sorry that was rather rude of me!

took the wife on one of my bike route's and she loved it.

I'll call you the next time, maybe in the next few weeks, tide up the next 2 weekends with family stuff.

We had freinds over Monday afternoon or it would have been good to meet in Wasaga, we are only 20min away.(still owe you a social drink (I never forget)

Sunday we went to Rossou, Huntsville, Haliburton, Fenlon Falls (dinner with inlaws) I wouldn't wish that on you! Then back home.

I'll e-mail you next time.

Angelo

Spent 2 hours washing the bugs off Monday morning.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Sorry that was rather rude of me!

took the wife on one of my bike route's and she loved it.

I'll call you the next time, maybe in the next few weeks, tide up the next 2 weekends with family stuff.

We had freinds over Monday afternoon or it would have been good to meet in Wasaga, we are only 20min away.(still owe you a social drink (I never forget)

Sunday we went to Rossou, Huntsville, Haliburton, Fenlon Falls (dinner with inlaws) I wouldn't wish that on you! Then back home.

I'll e-mail you next time.

Angelo

Spent 2 hours washing the bugs off Monday morning.
Hey no problem. The weather ended up being a little sketchy so I did not even get out in the car this past weekend. I might try to take it to work tomorrow. Anyway, there will be other forum members interested in a get together as well. Cydtrak (Sean) would have come up in a flash to join us and hoefully some others. I am also tied up the next several weekends with a wedding and vacation etc. but we'll make it happen when it works for everyone. I had already started to plan a cruise through Creemore but they have ripped up some of the route and its all gravel roads so we have to wait until the construction is completed.
Just got home from my sons hardball playoff game tonight in New Lowell.
Steve

Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)

7:45 a.m. Graphite Coupe west bound 401 at Brock Street. Nice looking blond driving.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Aero blue roadster, top up driving down woodlawn road in welland towards the 406 at 5:00pm today!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:17 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Today at 2 pm in Shelburne - 2 sightings in 2 minutes :
-Alabaster Coupe driving North on Hwy 10
-Red Coupe parked on Owen Sound St in front of the Royal Bank
Including mine that would be a record number in Shelburne at one time.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)

Very nice SRT-6 for sale autotrader.ca

Old 08-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Cool Re: I spotted a crossfire today!!!

Originally Posted by liberty1
Very nice SRT-6 for sale autotrader.ca

Can you provide the link to that autotrader ad?

Thanks

Old 08-15-2010, 08:01 PM

On the way to a Family gathering in Sauble Beach Saturday and spotted a Graphite Grey Coupe at a roadside vegetable stand in the Hepworth are, whoed of thunk!

V2

Old 08-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Forum Regular

I saw an AeroBlue convertible in Cavendish, PEI today. I wish we could have stopped .......

Old 08-18-2010, 07:46 PM

Saw a red coupe in Toronto turning onto Spadina from Queen around 130 today. First Crossfire i've seen since coming here August first.

Quick Reply: I spotted a crossfire today!!!