Canada Serving Canada.

Another year.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Another year.

It's that time of year again and the car has been washed ready for the long sleep. The next step is to fill the car with that liquid gold and add some stabilizer to it. Pump up the tires to 40psi or so and get out the cover. I am looking for Waxoyl to put on the bottom of the doors, anyone know where it van be purchased? I have to check this area for moisture and rust.
The five year extended warranty ran out this week, so next year the oil changes are not free. I hit 32,300 k this year, the Dragon and Woodward helped boost the yearly average.
The only problems to date were, two headlight bulbs, a ten cent repair to the seat relay, three punctures and a rear tire replaced under the warranty. I'd say that was pretty good. I spent much more money on Meguiars products.
I have purchased my HID's, 4,300K's and while I was at it I went to the Chrysler dealership and purchased the updated cap kit (part # 5174786AA for $24.25 + taxes) for the headlight condensation problem. I have never had a problem but I just thought I would get them. I think that if the headlamp unit does not leak at the seam then DTRL's help keep the moisture out. If the HID's run cooler then the moisture may build up..... maybe.
I want to add the HID's without the mod showing and I want to tuck the wires and starter box out of sight, any suggestions?
These HID's have the spaded low voltage wires fitted to the grommet already so that part is already fixed.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-12-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts
Default Re: Another year.

If I still lived in Michigan, I'd store my car too.

But I still wonder - do you think leaving it sit all winter is good for it? I mean, do you think this threatens the gaskets or bearings or anything in any way???

I am TOTALLY convinced that gas stabilizer (I used Sta-Bil when I lived up there in the mowers and snow blowers) does work well. But I wonder if there are things about leaving a car sitting like that is a threat to any non-engine components?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 3 cars that I only use for events, shows, so when winter sets in all I do is feel them up with gas, every other week I'll start them up and move them back and forth a couple of times and as long as roads are dry and no salt on the road I may even take them out for a spin.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I have 3 cars that I only use for events, shows, so when winter sets in all I do is feel them up with gas, every other week I'll start them up and move them back and forth a couple of times and as long as roads are dry and no salt on the road I may even take them out for a spin.
Same here. I hate garage puppys

Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get my WAXOYL from MOSS MOTORS. I use it on all machinery to stop rust. It works. Gary

Old 11-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugg. I don't think I could live properly if I couldn't drive my Crossfires at least once a month. As long as the roads are clear of snow and mag-chloride, they get driven. I feel for those of you who do park them for the long cold winter.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
It's that time of year again and the car has been washed ready for the long sleep. The next step is to fill the car with that liquid gold and add some stabilizer to it. Pump up the tires to 40psi or so and get out the cover. I am looking for Waxoyl to put on the bottom of the doors, anyone know where it van be purchased? I have to check this area for moisture and rust.
The five year extended warranty ran out this week, so next year the oil changes are not free. I hit 32,300 k this year, the Dragon and Woodward helped boost the yearly average.
The only problems to date were, two headlight bulbs, a ten cent repair to the seat relay, three punctures and a rear tire replaced under the warranty. I'd say that was pretty good. I spent much more money on Meguiars products.
I have purchased my HID's, 4,300K's and while I was at it I went to the Chrysler dealership and purchased the updated cap kit ($30 inc. taxes) for the headlight condensation problem. I have never had a problem but I just thought I would get them. I think that if the headlamp unit does not leak at the seam then DTRL's help keep the moisture out. If the HID's run cooler then the moisture may build up..... maybe.
I want to add the HID's without the mod showing and I want to tuck the wires and starter box out of sight, any suggestions?
These HID's have the spaded low voltage wires fitted to the grommet already so that part is already fixed.
Dave I have HID's on the Limited with the super slim ballasts velco taped under the headlight housings, outa sight!

Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Dave I have HID's on the Limited with the super slim ballasts velco taped under the headlight housings, outa sight!
I felt under the lights and wondered if the weight would pull down the glued side of the tape. I guess not, I'll test it out. Mine have a screw down kit, so I'll have to buy some more Velcro tape.
I would hate to have them littering up the top of the wheel arch.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I felt under the lights and wondered if the weight would pull down the glued side of the tape. I guess not, I'll test it out. Mine have a screw down kit, so I'll have to buy some more Velcro tape.
I would hate to have them littering up the top of the wheel arch.
Dave, my ballasts are tucked under my headlights, not attached to them. Sorry, I shoulda been clearer in my last post. I have enough challenges with gravity!