Canada Serving Canada.

Eurocharged Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eurocharged Tune

Hello Everyone,
I thought I post this as Steve thought it might be a good idea for those SOCO members considering a Eurocharged Tune.
I just paid for my Tune and Remote Cable to have my N/A tuned, and thought if anyone else was pondering the same we could have a get together and share my cable so you'd only have to pay for the tune itself.

We would need a location with Internet in order for the Tune to be completed by Eurocharged remotely.

Let me your thoughts!

Sean

Old 03-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Eurocharged Tune

Sean, thanks for starting this thread. Jerry & Clint @ Eurocharged confirmed this tune special is for SRT6's also. I'm happy to host the GTG at my place for those interested, just need to set a date.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:08 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve.... Do you know what kind of increases could be expected on a stock SRT6??.....and how much $$$ for just the tune??

Last edited by SparkieSRT6; 03-03-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:53 PM

Im not Steve, but for what its worth I just got my stock SLK32 tuned by Eurocharged today, night and day difference. They say 20hp and I believe them. Low end torque is very noticeable. Drives like a completely different car. The big thing that I noticed is the pedal sensitivity. I can tell you without exaggeration that if I were to drive it the same way I used to, I would be laying rubber everywhere. No more mushy pedal. A light tap and off she goes! Shift points have changed as well. Oh and $265 is the tune with the cable!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by DaytonaJae
Im not Steve, but for what its worth I just got my stock SLK32 tuned by Eurocharged today, night and day difference. They say 20hp and I believe them. Low end torque is very noticeable. Drives like a completely different car. The big thing that I noticed is the pedal sensitivity. I can tell you without exaggeration that if I were to drive it the same way I used to, I would be laying rubber everywhere. No more mushy pedal. A light tap and off she goes! Shift points have changed as well. Oh and $265 is the tune with the cable!
Thanks for this info, enjoy the tune and if you're up for a 1200 mile drive, come join us for the GTG!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

OK so it sounds like a worthwhile mod. How much would the flash be using Sean's cable?? I would think we would also share in the cost of the cable right???

oops....just noticed that this special also runs until the end of march only. My baby will still be tucked in and won't be heading to Grimsby until maybe end of April.
May have to come get the cable from you Sean.

Last edited by SparkieSRT6; 03-04-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Thanks for this info, enjoy the tune and if you're up for a 1200 mile drive, come join us for the GTG!
Everyone is welcome at Steves house whenever this day of tuneing date is set. I even asked if he will bake a cake for the occasion! Things are looking good!

Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Beaner
Everyone is welcome at Steves house whenever this day of tuneing date is set. I even asked if he will bake a cake for the occasion! Things are looking good!
The same goes for me here in Daytona Beach FL. If anyone wants to use my cable for a remote tune by Eurocharged, and are/will be in the area and want to drive over to do it, all you have to do is PM me.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Forum Regular

The cable is on me no need to contribute. Perhaps Jerry will allow for the tune to be paid for in advance for later use?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)

Originally Posted by Cydetrak
The cable is on me no need to contribute. Perhaps Jerry will allow for the tune to be paid for in advance for later use?
Iam in. Only have K&N's no other mod's so not sure what I will gain? Just let me know the price and date.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:03 AM

I sent Jerry & Clint an e-mail asking about cost if we share the cable and do the tune on a Saturday when the weather improves (April/May) provided we buy the tune this month. I'll post when I have a reply.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I sent Jerry & Clint an e-mail asking about cost if we share the cable and do the tune on a Saturday when the weather improves (April/May) provided we buy the tune this month. I'll post when I have a reply.
I'm in for a tune but I will not be on the road until mid April if the weather is the way it is normally. I wait for the rains to wash away the salt.
I have to get the Merc engine cover and 74mm T/body on as well. I have so much to do.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:27 PM

Haven't heard from Jerry or Clint regarding the following e-mail I sent to them on 3/3:

Hey guys thanks for the quick reply! Sean (Cydetrack) tells me he has already purchased the tune and you're shipping the cable to him as we speak. We're both in Canada and have a thread going on the forum for a GTG at my place for any who buy the tune and want to join us. It'll be on a Saturday is that OK with you? I know the special is for March, how soon do we need to do the tune after we buy? Most of us up north won't have our cars on the road again for a month or two, just don't want to miss out. I appreciate this is a good deal for a tune but, if we use Sean's cable, will there be a further price reduction? I know I'll get asked so best if I have the info up front.

Thanks, Steve Collins

Both were very quick to reply to my first e-mail, not sure what's up? All of the Vendors I've purchased from (check my sig.) through this forum have always been quick to respond. Anyone else wanna try?

Old 03-09-2011, 07:16 PM

Send Jerry an e-mail at : jerry@eurocharged.com or go to their web page:
www.eurocharged.comTheir phone in Chicago is: 630-496-8660.
Let me know if you do or don't get a response. I know they have been traveling a lot and Jerry's wife is due any day. Clint has one almost ready to deliver too. May have happened this past week. They have always replied back very quickly before, so something has happened.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:33 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Steve....thanks for reporting back to us. Hopefully everything is going well for them and they're just busy tuning cars and having babies. I also hope they can cut us some slack on the remote tune timeline as I know there are a bunch of us interested in the tune but can't get our cars out of storage by then.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:11 PM

If you purchase the tune there isn't a time limit to get your tune done really. Especially if all retuned are free. Think of it as a gift certificate, redeemable at any time. You should be fine buying the tune at the promotional price and getting your first tune later at any time.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is for those who may be following the Eurotuned threads and have already had your car tuned -

May sound crazy, but is there any improvement in fuel economy when the car is driven sanely? I'm working on convincing my wife that we need to modify a car that neither of us will ever push to the limit.

Ours is an unmodified Roadster, 6spd.

I did post to Jerry when he posted a few days ago, since there are several new folks who may be interested as I am. I did not receive a response from him directly or in general. Will probably call before the end of the month, but would appreciate owners' input.

Thanks for any comments (well, any kind comments).

Michael

Old 03-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm noticing better gas mileage since the tune is leaner than it was, which means less fuel burned, when you are taking it easy on the pedal of course. Oh, the power of a Eurocharged tune! Gotta love it!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mimi05SRT6,

Thanks for the reply. One data point, but maybe enough to convince Cathy. Deep down, she is the racer in the family.

Have you seen any apparent problems from the leaner mixture? Increase in running temp or summer pinging?

Michael

Old 03-10-2011, 11:16 PM

Michael M:

I had my 2006 LTD roadster EurochargedPerformance tuned a short time ago, but have not actually recorded what my MPG is, but the tank is going longer. I think it about 27-28 or 2.5 MPG better than it was plus I have more torque and RWHP is 195 before I added K&N filters. I figure it is a little over 200 now. Getting ready to add 74mm TB and hope for about another 7 or 8 HP. Runs like a different car.

Last edited by dtinker; 03-10-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged Tune