Canada Serving Canada.

Great Ontario Restaurants as suggested by forum members

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:57 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great Ontario Restaurants as suggested by forum members

On the way home from yesterday's GTG we decided to hit a restaurant for dinner that had been previously recommended by friends. We did, the food was superb and the price was insanely reasonable. I feel compelled to share this fantastic find with other members and thought why not start a thread so that all Ontario forum members can share their experiences with other restaurants throughout Ontario that they may enjoy or frequent. We can all benefit when planning a road trip or vacation.

This place is very busy and for obvious reasons. Here it is:

KETTLE'S BACK HOME COOKING
  • 317239 6 & 10 Hwy, Chatsworth, Ontario N0H 1G0, Canada
  • 519-794-0330
Just South of Owen Sound, Ontario

Old 09-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Default Re: Great Ontario Restaurants as suggested by forum members

Thanks for the tip, Sparkie. I've added that restaurant to my iphone. I think that we should add to this list, the name of the place we ate at last Saturday. I enjoyed the food, service and the price. That was a good find. Nick, do you have the details?

Too, I'm wondering if there was anything to the talk of a tour out by Prince Edward County and area for the day. Was there anyone familiar with that area to kind of take up the mantle? I'd be up for a ride with the top down and a sweater on!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HTML Code:
Too, I'm wondering if there was anything to the talk of a tour out by Prince Edward County and area for the day
I was talking a little with Gryfan about this, & we were looking at a couple of possibilities. Key would be how much time we actually want to spend - one day, an overnighter, just the county or doing Kingston & area as well, etc. Apparently there was a wine tour in the county last year, and the concern was that others may not want to do this again so soon. Other than that the discussion hasn't really gone anywhere.
I'm open to ideas.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ottawa John
HTML Code:
Too, I'm wondering if there was anything to the talk of a tour out by Prince Edward County and area for the day
I was talking a little with Gryfan about this, & we were looking at a couple of possibilities. Key would be how much time we actually want to spend - one day, an overnighter, just the county or doing Kingston & area as well, etc. Apparently there was a wine tour in the county last year, and the concern was that others may not want to do this again so soon. Other than that the discussion hasn't really gone anywhere.
I'm open to ideas.
i suggested that we did the "county" last fall....and maybe kingston area may be a location to try. i have let ottawa john know that we'll be off to the dragon ....then from there off to florida. so no matter where the gtg happens , we will be away. hopefully ottawa john , will let us know the plan , and then it can get off the ground.
cheers,
gryfan

Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

......so maybe OTTAWAJOHN should start a thread for a Eastern Ontario gtg/tour. I may be interested OR do you guys want me to change the name of this thread and you can carry on here.......???

Old 09-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
......so maybe OTTAWAJOHN should start a thread for a Eastern Ontario gtg/tour. I may be interested OR do you guys want me to change the name of this thread and you can carry on here.......???
it is up to you steve. do which-ever you think is best
gryfan

Old 09-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shelley and I went on a wine tour a couple years back, a bus tour weekend thing. One of the stops was in prince edward county. Huff's estate's the name and let me tell you, the owner knows how to entertain. After plenty of whine tasting, we were directed to a nice patio setting where we were served a multiple course meal. A band was playing and soon after the meal, people started dancing. We spent the whole afternoon there. For those who had too much to drink, there is an Inn on site.

Check it out John. we can surely assist in making the necessary arrangements if there is enough interest... Shell and Turbomar

Here's the link:
http://www.huffestates.com/index.php

Last edited by turbomar; 09-17-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Forum Regular

Check it out John. we can surely assist in making the necessary arrangements if there is enough interest... Shell and Turbomar
It looks like a good place, all right. I checked the vacancies & it doesn't look like they have anything for the evening of the 1st. It could be a pit stop along the way, but it sounds more like a great place to end a day.

I'm open to suggestions, though, and have posted a new thread with a couple of options. Have a look and give me your feedback.

On another note - any chance to meet in Merrickville for a lunch & tour before the first? Tomorrow, next week? Or, we can be open to other suggestions.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:23 AM

On another note - any chance to meet in Merrickville for a lunch & tour before the first? Tomorrow, next week? Or, we can be open to other suggestions.
This weekend is no good for us. Shell is traveling this weekend. Could be next week, I'll pass it by her when she gets back.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Forum Regular

This weekend is no good for us. Shell is traveling this weekend. Could be next week, I'll pass it by her when she gets back.
Sounds good. Sunday will be my best day.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:09 PM

Sounds good. Sunday will be my best day.
Spoke with Shell. Next weekend, sat or sun the 24-25 sep, is good to meet in Merrickville

Old 09-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Forum Regular

Spoke with Shell. Next weekend, sat or sun the 24-25 sep, is good to meet in Merrickville
Great - sent you an email.