Canada Serving Canada.

So Many Roads, So Little Time...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Many Roads, So Little Time...

Summer is upon us, and The Old Hippie Tour is another fond memory. But we had fun, and some suggestions have been made for a couple more runs. August will probably be the best month if we want to have time to put these together but I'm game if others are, so here's what's been suggested:
1) A run north of Montreal. The roads are great and the countryside is beautiful. I'll welcome input for roads and schedules for this one, or suggesting parties can take the lead.
2) This is a big one, and it is date specific. We can do it two ways - full out or an abbreviated version. Here's the full out way - One of the North Eastern US's largest car shows will be held in Stowe VT the weekend of Aug. 10 - 12. Stowe is a great little ski village - hilly, winding roads with lots of scenery. On the way to Stowe is the picturesque little town of Lake Placid, also set in beautiful mountain scenery with fun roads to drive. And just beyond Stowe is Mt. Washington, another great little hill climb if ever there was one - remember those bumper stickers that said "This Car Climbed Mt. Washington"? Well, you won't see any bumper stickers on our cars, but we can still make the climb. This run will take a few days with a minimum of two overnights, but if you have the time we can set it up. The abbreviated version would be to omit Mt. Washington and focus on Stowe and lake Placid - one less night.
Let me know your interest and we can make them happen!