Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

This is not a drill - I am selling my SSB SRT6 Roadster for real this time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default This is not a drill - I am selling my SSB SRT6 Roadster for real this time!!!

Well folks, this isn't an April fools joke, a test or a feeler. I am about to trade my SRT6 Roadster in this next Wednesday so figured I should give everyone here on the forum a shot at it since I want to make sure it goes to a good home and I'd really like to be able to see it a few times a year at events and what have you.

I'm pricing it at $17,500 firm, no negotiations, as it sits right now, which is the exact condition I'm trading it in to the dealer in. It has 40k miles on it, comes with practically brand new AMG 5-spoke 18x8.5 and 19x9.5 wheels wrapped in Hankook Evo V12 rubber in 255/35-18 and 295/30-19 sizes (yes, the fronts are now as wide as what the rears came stock so it's planted like a tree), Base/Limited trans and 3.27 rear w/ Phantom Grip (only 12k on these, came out of Paul's car when we did his conversion) and I'll leave the Accelerated Quick Touch Top in there as well. Everything else about the vehicle is stock. The Base/Limited trans was put in because it has lower gear ratios, same with the rear. The rims and tires were put on it the week of the dragon and the car was driven there and back and a few times around town so figure less than a 1500 miles on them. All the fluids have been gone through and it is in ready to go whoop up on people condition. Anyone that has seen my car knows it's an absolute beauty and has been cared for. Yes, I've had some fun with it putting other cars in their rightful place but this isn't a track car and most of the miles are from going to events throughout the country.

The car is located in the Milwaukee area and will be until Wednesday the 22nd at which time I will be taking it to the dealership and trading it in provided some lucky person on here doesn't get to it first. You guys don't need to worry though as I'm not leaving the Crossfire family, just switching things up a bit.

If you are seriously interested in the car and can pay for it prior to Wednesday the 22nd, please call me at 952-681-1000 anytime. I am really sorry this is such short notice but I cannot hold on to it for any reason as everything is already in motion with this other car.

Here are a few shots of the car from the dragon for your viewing pleasure.

Please note: The AMG big brake upgrade is not included in the $17,500 price. If you want them left on the car, price is $18,000.

Last edited by rcompart; 12-17-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: This is not a drill - I am selling my SSB SRT6 Roadster for real this time!!!

If it had two extra cylinders under the hood I would send you the cash and drive the car back when I'm out your way in the near future.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: This is not a drill - I am selling my SSB SRT6 Roadster for real this time!!!

I have seen this car in person and in action on the Dragon. It is a beautiful car in great condition. The car is very quick ( the tranny, 3.27 rear,and PG) explain what I saw comming out of the turns. The fact that it is Rudy's car should go a long way to relieve any doubts about mechanical condition for potential buyers.

Any one who is loooking for an SRT roadster should be all over this one. Good price for a Roadster, but it looks like you will have move quick to get it.

Rudy did I miss the curent milage in your post?

Old 12-17-2010, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
If it had two extra cylinders under the hood I would send you the cash and drive the car back when I'm out your way in the near future.
If you buy the car now, we can work something out on an engine for ya before the end of January! LOL I'm thinking $36k turn key.

Originally Posted by Bigkid
I have seen this car in person and in action on the Dragon. It is a beautiful car in great condition. The car is very quick ( the tranny, 3.27 rear,and PG) explain what I saw comming out of the turns. The fact that it is Rudy's car should go a long way to relieve any doubts about mechanical condition for potential buyers.

Any one who is loooking for an SRT roadster should be all over this one. Good price for a Roadster, but it looks like you will have move quick to get it.

Rudy did I miss the curent milage in your post?
Thanks for the kind words Jim. I did miss putting the mileage in there but I've added it above. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by rcompart; 12-17-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:01 AM

Do we dare ask what has caught your eye?

And do not say Maxx SS

Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great car for someone to jump into! Someone ought to get on this in a BIG hurry.

So Rudy....... staying in the Mopar family or looking elsewhere?

Challengers have plenty of aftermarket, Some even have over 1000rwhp!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Rudy, good luck with the new (ahem) car/project. What are the offsets on those Mercedes rims? I'm a step away from getting something exclusively for the track.

Les

Old 12-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

that is a steal...wheels and tires alone would bump this roadster to the top. Roadster's are still bringing $20K...and you get all the goodies on this one. Automatic top down, and the mechanicals have been gone through, so no worries there. You know Rudy and I love to play with our cars, but he will tell you, we play hard, but are cars get beyond normal maintenance and care. More so than any everyday driver you would buy elsewhere...things have to perfect in our world. Want performance and reliability, then here you go. With at least $5K you are saving with his mods, and all...

Old 12-17-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by GDC-SRT
Do we dare ask what has caught your eye?

And do not say Maxx SS
Nope, not getting another nun-mobile so you can put the phone down, no need to call the psych ward. LOL

Originally Posted by apkano
Great car for someone to jump into! Someone ought to get on this in a BIG hurry.

So Rudy....... staying in the Mopar family or looking elsewhere?

Challengers have plenty of aftermarket, Some even have over 1000rwhp!
We're a Mopar Family? I thought we were a Mercedes family. LOL I'd a love a Challenger but it doesn't fit what I'm looking for in a car right now.

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Rudy, good luck with the new (ahem) car/project. What are the offsets on those Mercedes rims? I'm a step away from getting something exclusively for the track.

Les
Both are 35 offset and I'm running 10mm H&R spacers in the rear to bring the rears back out a bit.

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
that is a steal...wheels and tires alone would bump this roadster to the top. Roadster's are still bringing $20K...and you get all the goodies on this one. Automatic top down, and the mechanicals have been gone through, so no worries there. You know Rudy and I love to play with our cars, but he will tell you, we play hard, but are cars get beyond normal maintenance and care. More so than any everyday driver you would buy elsewhere...things have to perfect in our world. Want performance and reliability, then here you go. With at least $5K you are saving with his mods, and all...
I know. I used to get so upset when I'd see someone sell their car at a low price but with it being winter up here, prices are definitely in the buyers favor. Yes, like you said, the car has been cared for and it is a steal so I think I hope more than anything that it goes to a good home and the new owner is someone here on the forum that goes to events so I'll still get to see her every once in a while.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I wish you best on your next big project...but you know you will miss that "topless" feeling....and if someone is on the fence about owning a quality XF...you won't find one better....wish I had the extra cash, but I have to save and keep modding, to keep up with these damn V-8's that keep popping up....lol

Old 12-17-2010, 01:56 PM

I hope you're finally making the jump to the hard top so you can have some more fun at the track.

verts are fun on the street but the hard top is where it is at...especially when you put some 55k loving into it.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I hope you're finally making the jump to the hard top so you can have some more fun at the track.

verts are fun on the street but the hard top is where it is at...especially when you put some 55k loving into it.
Sad but this is not the case. Getting a Merc this time around. Hope you guys don't start treating me like we all treat Steve... Oh wait, dangit, I wasn't supposed to say anything about that was I? LOL Just kidding buddy, I'm comin' over to the dark side!

Old 12-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by rcompart
Sad but this is not the case. Getting a Merc this time around. Hope you guys don't start treating me like we all treat Steve... Oh wait, dangit, I wasn't supposed to say anything about that was I? LOL Just kidding buddy, I'm comin' over to the dark side!

...still a hardtop?

Old 12-17-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
...still a hardtop?
Yes, still a hard top.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure your car will go quickly. Excellent condition and you are a "top guy" on the forum. Best of luck.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by autumnmass
Good luck with the sale, I'm sure your car will go quickly. Excellent condition and you are a "top guy" on the forum. Best of luck.
Thank you very much and I really appreciate the nice words. I hope everyone knows I'm not going anywhere. I really love the car but it's the people here that make the whole ownership experience what it has been and I can't think of anywhere else I'd find people so nice both online and in person. Everyone here is a class above the rest and you just can't find that anywhere else with any other car.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Let me know when you pick up your new Mercedes, and I will swap engines with you.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:09 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Rudy, any chance I can trade you my wheels and tires for yours? I'll even come and get them.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Let me know when you pick up your new Mercedes, and I will swap engines with you.
I bet you would but no dice. LOL You'd have some serious fitment issues stuffing the car's drivetrain into a Crossfire.

Originally Posted by tom2112
Hey Rudy, any chance I can trade you my wheels and tires for yours? I'll even come and get them.
Sorry Tom, wheels are already spoken for should someone not buy the car before I trade it in. You can still come up here to Wisconsin if you want. Paul and I wouldn't stop you. LOL

Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd buy it if it came with an addition to my two car garage.

Quick Reply: This is not a drill - I am selling my SSB SRT6 Roadster for real this time!!!