Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k mile

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Adding to Rpaczan's post, If I remember correctly, various states have their own requirements for titles that have some kind of 'emphasis' on them. A 'rebuilt' title in one state vs a 'rebuilt' title in another, have differing requirements (and I believe some states may not let you register it). Now, this all comes from a place deep in my mind that may be wrong (even though those deep places are more often right). If I was thinking of purchasing a car with a rebuilt title, I would check in-depth with both my current insurance company and current DMV. Future moves may or may not also come into play. An old saying 'caveat emptor' has a good application in this case (again, I believe it warrants mention and checking).
A rebuilt title vehicle CAN be registered in any state, a salvage title vehicle CANNOT be registered in any state. What changes dramatically from state to state is if you have a salvage title vehicle and want to turn it into a rebuilt title, that's where each state is different and has various rules and procedures and requirements for this process.

I am not sure if this is accurate as of today, but people that have purchased vehicles from me in the past with a rebuilt title have stated that they received a regular CLEAN title in the state of MICHIGAN, from what they said that state does not have a rebuilt designation, and it defaults to regular title. There used to be several states that did this in the past, and shady dealers would by cars with salvage titles from the auction and WASH them in other states without having to go through the rebuilding process, inspections, and other requirements, this supposedly has been eliminated.

In any case, you can see the title history of any vehicle by running a carfax.

Furthermore State Farm will loan money on, insure with full coverage or any coverage you want, and will value the vehicle the same as a non rebuilt equivalent, I know from experience, I had a vehicle claimed once that already had a rebuilt title, and they told me what they valued it at and there was no deduction for rebuilt, they did not even factor that in. Other insurance companies have varying policies, but it is not hard to insure or register a vehicle that has a rebuilt title. Unless you are on SR22 insurance through Eagle Man, in which case you shouldn't be driving a nice crossfire srt-6 anyway. LOL

In any case a buyer should check with their insurance company and their state DMV, it's a good idea to be familiar with your states rules and procedures.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k mile

Originally Posted by performanceisland
..........but people that have purchased vehicles from me in the past with a rebuilt title ...........
Are you a DEALER?

Old 09-22-2016, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Are you a DEALER?
No i am not, and this is a private sale.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:59 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I do give you kudos for being such a good sport about this whole post. Many would have taken their ball and went home by now. I genuinely wish you good luck with your sale. You seem to be on top of your game. And the car is nice as well.

James

Old 09-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Received 384 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by performanceisland
In any case a buyer should check with their insurance company and their state DMV, it's a good idea to be familiar with your states rules and procedures.

I thought I said this? Anyway, in a nutshell, (as a buyer) all corners of this (proverbial) box should be covered. Not everyone deals specifically with 'State Farm' and although the car can be registered in any state (as you point out as factual), I suggest there may be a few more hoops a potential owner has to jump through to get it done. I also believe I remember (from another post maybe) that this hoop jumping may have an additional cost associated in getting the registration validated in states that do have any additional requirements on their books (laws). I believe the general term is called 'Title Branding', with further breakdowns linking why said title is 'branded'. I would not buy a vehicle at a premium price if the title was branded for any reason. In my opinion its value is diminished by its history. Good luck with the sale!

Good reading ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_title_branding )

Good reading ( What is a rebuilt title or a salvage title? | CarInsurance.com )

Old 09-23-2016, 03:24 PM
Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

I agree the OP is being a very good sport with everyone kicking him in the shins for the title blemish, but how does no one else question the previous owner being 7 foot tall???? no way does a 7 footer even attempt to try to sit in one of these cars, i've seen the Shaq commercials, I don't believe he fits in the buick and we all saw what happens when he sits in the red convertible cartoon corvette with his shoulders above the windshield.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
I agree the OP is being a very good sport with everyone kicking him in the shins for the title blemish, but how does no one else question the previous owner being 7 foot tall???? no way does a 7 footer even attempt to try to sit in one of these cars, i've seen the Shaq commercials, I don't believe he fits in the buick and we all saw what happens when he sits in the red convertible cartoon corvette with his shoulders above the windshield.
lol he's not actually 7 feet tall I was simply making a point, he is tall i don't know how tall exactly, taller then me and i am 5'8", so maybe he is 6"2" 6'4" or thereabout, and he could not get the seat back far enough for his leg comfort, i watched him try to do it, cause he loves the car, even though he lasted 2 years and almost 2k miles. is this where we are at questioning the height of the driver now, come on. get real. and the corvette he bought has significantly more leg room, hands down. Those are hatchback and you can adjust the seat further back then in a crossfire where you have a flat wall behind you. Do you want me to ask him for his actual height and pant size to tell his leg length? will that make or break the sale? come on guys.

Anyone seriously interested in the vehicle make me an offer, I put $25K as asking price based on what I have seen sell with super low mileage, but I will work with anyone on the price if they are truly interested in the vehicle, feel free to shoot me an offer, I am a reasonable person, it's a bit hard to judge what it's actually worth, so don't feel like you don't want to make an offer cause you think I am asking too much, instead if you want it, make me an offer, no matter what it is, worst I'll say is no thanks. BTW it's getting listed locally this week, thanks.

Last edited by performanceisland; 10-01-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with sale! Higher sales prices only encourage a new found value with all our Crossfires. Unfortunately, $25 going to be a tough sale with a "Rebuilt" title, which has an unclarified definition behind it.

There are three SRT convertibles up in Green Bay Wisconsin, all in mint condition, no paint flaws, no front end lower chin scrapes, all three under 11k miles, no rebuilt or salvage titles. All three have been sitting at the dealership for two years or better now, ranging in price from $25-26k.

These vehicles have exceeded the 10 year mark. Lenders are going to be hard pressed, insurance company's are going to require gap insurance, since lenders create loan value based off 80% of KBB, NADA, etc..., with a clean title.

As I mentioned initially, good luck with sale, this is definitely a supply and demand vehicle someday, just a matter of when.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:01 AM

Asking price lowered, now asking $21,500

Old 10-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, you are trying.... I will give you that. I think the one locally went for 22k, but not sure. That's just where the auction ended. His title was a clean as the car. I have a black modified roadster. Although you have to look for the mods...lol. I have about 30K in it. It does the quarter in the high 11's. Drives beautifully. No scatches no dings. New tires. Just a few small blemishes on the rims. I wouldn't take 21,500 for it. So hang in there.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:57 PM

Lowered it to $19,950, to be below the $20K mark, thanks.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:29 AM

Last price drop since I am starting to get a lot of interest locally. $17,500 for the members here.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now your talking. Good luck. With a inspection pass I think that's a realistic number.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:38 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

[QUOTE=Rpaczan;874640]Ok, so do you know the reason for the rebuilt title? Pick one:
Unknown Reason for Rebuilt Title
Estate Sale
Theft
Seizure
Stolen Parts
water damage
Fire damage [QUOTE]

I have suspicion it was a flood car, I friend of mine gets cars from ins co, ,example right after Sandy hit N.J. he had over 1300 new cars that were flood reported, now some were up on a hill and received no water damage, others had water only to the middle of the wheels, while most had water over the seats. they all get rebuilt titles. we had over 50 cars in our shop to just change the oil check everything and send them back to my friend which sells and /or sends them to the auction ,, I almost got a ridgeline,rebuilt title, with 21 miles on it for 18000. also looked at a prius with 36 miles on it for 15000 My friend says to me stay away from mercedes if it was a flood car because the electronics never get fixed, crossfire is mercedes,,,, jim

Old 10-20-2016, 02:35 PM

This was NOT a FLOOD vehicle, Illinois has STRICT rules on flood cars, and you will GET a FLOOD branded title even if they think it came from a flood state, other special requirements also apply.

This is NOT the case here. I've bought several cars from the insurance auction with NO damage on them whatsoever and had to obtain a rebuilt title anyway, I have also gotten FLOOD vehicles from auction before and they are CLEARLY branded FLOOD and we have to follow a slightly different process and additional checks by the state.

I do not know the exact reason, but no paintwork, no mechanical damage, no flood, no hail damage, etc. You just have to let it go and get past it, it is what it is, for those of us that have extensive knowledge and experience buying vehicles at auction, we know you can buy cars there with absolutely no damage on them, and in most states you will not get a clean title, Illinois is terrible with their process, and has no way of getting past this. If a claim has been paid on the vehicle for whatever reason, and the insurance company took it for a loss, that's it, in Illinois its a rebuilt title at best. period. No matter what paper work you have to prove otherwise, no matter what inspections you go through, it sucks, but that's what it is.

I'll give an example:

A dealer lot has cars parked in it, it snows and a plow has to plow the lot, the plow hits several cars on the lot, from real bad to a minor scuff on the last one, well the dealer can have a policy on those parked cars that covers any and all damaged cars for full value, or maybe the owner of the dealership sues the plow companies insurance and gets them to cover all the full values of the vehicles, or all as a one lump sum but all the cars go to the insurance company, there is thousands of scenarios that can end up with a claim paid on a vehicle, yet the vehicle have minor or no damage at all, theft for example, car is recovered after the insurance pays the owner, now car is theirs, they don't want any liability with the sale plus they want to take a loss on taxes, so they sell it at auction, write off the loss on bottom line. I can go on and on. Maybe the adjuster just took a tally of every car damaged and marked it as a loss as part of the whole claim.

With my crossfire one thing I noticed is that the soft top had the window falling out when I bought it, and some of the seems coming loose, the top alone if you had to pay for it could be anywhere from $3000-$5000 depending on who does the install, not too mention if they thought the hydraulics were bad too, I did have to repair two cylinders as well, to me it all seemed like just wear and tear, and a common problem that you can read about on this forum, so I acted under the warranty to get it repaired. maybe that was the damage they saw and claimed, maybe they thought something happened to it in the parking lot, walked out and the top was messed up, I do not know, privacy laws wont allow the insurance company to let me have the claim. But I know who does have it, the original owner of the vehicle certainly knows exactly what happened, if you can find out who that is you can ask them, I do not know who it was, there was no insurance cards or any previous owners info in the car and insurance wont tell you do to privacy laws.

We don't know what kind of insurance was on the vehicle either. Some entities can have specialized insurance to cover other instances, or maybe it was claimed under a homeowners policy or a commercial building policy and not a vehicle policy, who knows.

Last edited by performanceisland; 10-20-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:38 PM

I found out something interesting today in talking to BMW service regarding air bag recall and my girlfriend's salvage titled BMW 325i. He stated "salvage title" voids all manufacturer warranties... including recalls.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:08 PM

I saw your pictures and did as you suggested trying not to drool. I succeeded. No drooling. Your car needs at least $3-4,000 worth of upgrades to be complete as we know an SRT6 to be complete.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by flyntgr
I saw your pictures and did as you suggested trying not to drool. I succeeded. No drooling. Your car needs at least $3-4,000 worth of upgrades to be complete as we know an SRT6 to be complete.
What are the upgrades to make it complete? After, what is your estimate of value given salvage title? $15,000.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rpaczan
I found out something interesting today in talking to BMW service regarding air bag recall and my girlfriend's salvage titled BMW 325i. He stated "salvage title" voids all manufacturer warranties... including recalls.
That is true as far as voiding warranties but not all the time and not all of them, most manufacturers are tapped into databases from the states to automatically void warranties for issuance of salvage titles but not all for example, I have had several vehicles worked on by the dealer under warranty even after a salvage title.

As far as the recall goes, they are supposed to fix the recall by law no matter what unless they can prove that is the component you replaced or somehow tampered with or damaged. It's just an excuse, if you had a good contact at the dealer the issue would have not even come up, or it wasn't a recall but a tsb or some other campaign, or if they read the airbag computer and its locked from an accident event etc, that would be a reason to not do it. Just like emmissions warranty still applies do to laws. Different manufacturers have different policies on how to deal with those situations as well.

my crossfire already had a rebuilt title when i went to the dealer to do the top repair, which was a customer satisfaction campaign, not an actual recall, but had to do with safety, and they saw the title status cause they tried to by the vehicle from me right there and then AND RAN HISTORY ON IT, they loved it so much, even so it had a rebuilt title, they did it with no hassle.

Finally a dealer can be an ***, and not do it, and then you have to sue them to get results, which usually is not worth the hassle especially if you cant handle the case yourself and need an attorney, btw i have experience suing a manufacturer too (FORD) and won. Ive even been to a few arbitrations with FORD before I filed suit, and won there too but still didn't get what i thought was right so I sued later, the case was about warranty on the vehicle.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by flyntgr
Some people prefer an UNMODIFIED all stock vehicle.

Quick Reply: 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!