Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

WANTED - low mileage Roadster - Manual only

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default WANTED - low mileage Roadster - Manual only

Search is off. Found my car.
Supercharged, Roadster and Manual as God intended all fun cars to be.
Kinda small though.

MANUAL ONLY

Perfection would be a yellow roadster with two tone interior and under 35,000 miles
but other interesting color combinations considered. Blue on salmon might work nicely.

Records of care valued. SE location would facilitate things. The car must never have been smoked in.
Unmodified preferred but reversible transgressions would not kill the deal. Very Fussy.

MANUAL ONLY

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 08-29-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: manual only
Old 01-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WANTED - low mileage Roadster - Manual only

I have your dream car. Yellow roadster, 2007. Just over 28000 miles. Two tone interior. Second owner, less thatn 3 years. Top replaced just after I acquired it. Have done less than 7 thousand miles in 2and a half years. I'm in West Boca. My email is dancyn16@bellsouth.net.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dancyn
I have your dream car. Yellow roadster, 2007. Just over 28000 miles. Two tone interior. Second owner, less thatn 3 years. Top replaced just after I acquired it. Have done less than 7 thousand miles in 2and a half years. I'm in West Boca. My email is dancyn16@bellsouth.net.
Thanks for the response.

You are right that is exactly what I am after. Are you who outbid me on that VA car listed on eBay a while back? I had three I barely missed. Another was with a great guy in NC I would have liked to buy a car from.

Boca is perfect as well. I have a place to stay in Stuart. I hope it stayed dry in all the recent water.

PM works best. I look forward to hearing from you and learning the price range.

Thanks again.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:58 AM

Posting was a bit premature. I do want to sell but need to find a new car for myself before selling this and having no car. Keep tuned in. As soon as I have a new car (not necessarily brand new), I'll repost. Thanks for patience.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

What are you looking for ? Have you been in Florida for a while ? Are some quirks about buying a car in the Sunshine State.

ps thought Boca was closer to Miami than Stuart, use to come down there a few times a year.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:25 PM
Forum Regular

Always a Miamian but not home in years. Stuck in the mountains. Eager to return if you know of an east coast place for sale.

Have bought a number of cars from Florida but it has been a while. The main problem I run into are the scammers. They seem to outnumber the real sellers. Lots and lots of verified email and phone number collectors down that way.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:30 PM

Boca about 1an a half hours south of Stuart. At any rate, I'm looking at z4s among others. Hang on. Shouldn't take long. Crossfire should be ready for sale soon.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Forum Regular

No hurry. I am a real buyer but very fussy. Good luck with your hunt.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:23 PM

Car to be on sale soon. Wife "allowed" me to use her car so that I'm not waiting to find a replacement. Stay tuned for more info. I have a friend who is interested, but haven't decided on an asking price. Going thru similar ads to determine fair price. Thanks for patience!

Old 01-31-2018, 10:27 PM

To make it from Stuart to Boca in a 1/2 hour your would need to be flying. 3am maybe...

Old 02-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Forum Regular

So for that application an SRT6 might be called for?

Old 02-01-2018, 08:58 AM

Something that can cruise at about 130...

Old 02-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Padgett
To make it from Stuart to Boca in a 1/2 hour your would need to be flying. 3am maybe...
thought i said an hour and a half. sorry

Old 02-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: WANTED - low mileage Roadster - Manual onl

Originally Posted by dancyn
Car to be on sale soon. ..... I have a friend who is interested, but haven't decided on an asking price. Going thru similar ads to determine fair price. Thanks for patience!
Selling to someone who knows the car and the care it has recieved is usually where the best value is for both parties offering quick and easy logistics with both sides of the deal fully informed. Most of my cars have sold to nieghbors. One went through at least two generations and is likely worth more today than when I sold it (1967 289 Mustang GT fastback, manual transmission). Everyone came out happy.

If you do not get it worked out locally, Edmunds.com can be helpful in determining private party values based an actual sales rather than inflated asking prices. In my state trading in also offers tax related benefits often not fully appreciated and should be considered.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Forum Regular

This quest continues.

While having located a number of attractive low mileage automatics the MANUAL ONLY part that is making this a challenge.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
So for that application an SRT6 might be called for?
Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
While having located a number of attractive low mileage automatics the MANUAL ONLY part that is making this a challenge.
My understanding is that an SRT-6 with a manual trans does not exist. Only the base and limited were available with full manuals. The SRT has an automatic/manual (clutchless slap shifting).

Contact me if you change your mind on the trans (and color). I've been considering (not yet FULLY commited to) selling my '05 black SRT-6 Roadster. 25k miles, pristine condition, ULTRA well maintained, always covered in a garage, always adult owned, NEVER raced or 'beat on', and located in northeast Florida.

It was owned from new by a Chrysler dealers wife until I bought it toward the end of 2015 with a little over 22k on the odometer. I've put less than 3k on it since that time.
I have a neighbor who says he's interested in it, and if he hands me cash, Ill likely sell it to him. If that doesnt come to pass, I may put it up for sale publicly, but Im in no rush... its my "Sunday" car.

You said you're a picky buyer. This car IS for the picky buyer. I doubt there are many stock black SRT-6 roadsters this clean, with mileage this low anywhere.
If its just GOTTA be a yellow car with a stick, then this (or any) SRT is not your car.

Im VERY particular with my 'toys', so you could say Im also picky owner.

Last edited by Nikko; 05-07-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nikko
My understanding is that an SRT-6 with a manual trans does not exist. Only the base and limited were available with full manuals. The SRT has an automatic/manual (clutchless slap shifting).

Contact me if you change your mind on the trans (and color). I've been considering (not yet FULLY commited to) selling my '05 black SRT-6 Roadster. 25k miles, pristine condition, ULTRA well maintained, always covered in a garage, always adult owned, NEVER raced or 'beat on', and located in northeast Florida.

It was owned from new by a Chrysler dealers wife until I bought it toward the end of 2015 with a little over 22k on the odometer. I've put less than 3k on it since that time.
I have a neighbor who says he's interested in it, and if he hands me cash, Ill likely sell it to him. If that doesnt come to pass, I may put it up for sale publicly, but Im in no rush... its my "Sunday" car.

You said you're a picky buyer. This car IS for the picky buyer. I doubt there are many stock black SRT-6 roadsters this clean, with mileage this low anywhere.
If its just GOTTA be a yellow car with a stick, then this (or any) SRT is not your car.

As you noted the colors and transmission are not what I am after preferring MANUAL only. The miles are right, though.

I know the SRT6. They are hard to match in terms of performance and quality of build. As uncommon as they are and with your car in such exceptional condition, I am confident it will be in your neighbor's garage.

Good luck with your sale.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Old 05-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wadsworth
Thanks. I appreciate the lead.

I had come across that one in one of my searches. Concerned with the wear on the steering wheel and around some of the switches, I contacted the dealership. Neither of the two people I spoke with even knew what a Crossfire was much less that they had one for sale.

I do admit to not not having a bunch of patience with that type of thing.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nikko

Maybe it is time I learn to be more like a feather caught in a stream, just continue with the current and compromise when I must.

PM sent.

Quick Reply: WANTED - low mileage Roadster - Manual only