Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Contacts Within Chrysler

Old 05-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contacts Within Chrysler

I recently had my seat cover replaced to repair a broken seat heater and they did a poor job of reinstalling it. I've been to my service manager and the district manager, who both say the repair is "adequate".

Does anyone know how to elevate an issue within Chrysler. The 1-800 service line is nothing more than an answering service that calls you back telling you what the dealer has already told you.

This seat cover issue really has me pissed. There has to be someone in Chrysler that will make this right. Does anyone have any contacts or phone numbers that I may try in order to get this resolved?

Thanks

Last edited by ben47; 05-05-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Default Re: Contacts Within Chrysler

its too bad that chrysler has written the crossfire off as far as customer is concerned. that is one of the biggest reasons i traded mine in. sense the crossfire is a done deal chrysler will be installing sub-par replacements. the seat replacements are a true sign of cost cutting and it most likely get worse. good luck in getting this resolved...

Old 05-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give this person a try. I don't know this person but I do work for a DC company and I will do some checking.

Paul

Robin T.
Chrysler Information Center Marketing Representative

www.chrysler.com
chryslerforum@bbdodetroit.com
1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753)

Old 05-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PAULW
Give this person a try. I don't know this person but I do work for a DC company and I will do some checking.

Paul

Robin T.
Chrysler Information Center Marketing Representative

www.chrysler.com
chryslerforum@bbdodetroit.com
1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753)
Thanks... the above phone number redirects you to the regular 1-800 customer service center. Been there and no help.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Forum Regular

ben try this, you have to register but there are alot of "inside" #s and email addresses here on this site...

http://media.daimlerchrysler.com/gms_frame

or 248 576 5741

or

http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dccom...-0-0-0,00.html

Old 05-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I will check with some inside reps i know. We all need to know how to bypass the BS, I can tell you once you get past the gatekeepers you can find people who can and will help.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ben47
I recently had my seat cover replaced to repair a broken seat heater and they did a poor job of reinstalling it. I've been to my service manager and the district manager, who both say the repair is "adequate".

Does anyone know how to elevate an issue within Chrysler. The 1-800 service line is nothing more than an answering service that calls you back telling you what the dealer has already told you.

This seat cover issue really has me pissed. There has to be someone in Chrysler that will make this right. Does anyone have any contacts or phone numbers that I may try in order to get this resolved?

Thanks
Here's an idea if they think the work is "adequate". Go back to the same dealer and see if there's a used Crossfire up for sale on their lot. If it's the same color, offer to take the seat from that Crossfire and exchange it with yours... Since they defined it was "adequate", it would be equally "adequate" in their lot Xfire and you could have the one that is buttoned up real nice and neat. Of course, this is a stretch, but worth considering if they or another dealer has one that they can get to you with new backing/materials and workmanship.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the idea but that is a stretch. I have an appointment next week to take the car into an upholstery shop and fixed right. They win, I loose.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Forum Regular

Update...and I'm shocked!!! Sometimes bad things turn out good after all.

As a last resort, I just called and talked with the the owner of the dealership. He knew me from an earlier problem with my transmission, which he was instrumental in getting repaired.

I explained the sitituation with the seat cover not fitting and told him I made an appointment to get the seat fixed on my own. He knew of the upholstery shop and it's owner as they do work for several dealerships here in town.

The owner of the dealership WAS NOT interested in seeing the seat, nor did he want his shop to work on it again... BUT, he told me to bring him the bill and he would reimburse me. Can you believe that, after going through all the crap with his service manager and the district manager???

For the life of me I don't know why he didn't want to see the seat and have his own people fix it correctly instead of telling me to bring him the bill. I am surprised, happy and gratefull, but wonder why he would not want to see the kind/quality of work his shop was putting out.

The new seat cover's color is not a perfect match with the other seat, but the two upholstery shops I showed it to said it will match up better in time.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings... and it looks like she belted out one heck of a tune this time around!!!

Old 05-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Forum Regular

ben47
what happened with tranny?

j

Old 05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xfire1
ben47
what happened with tranny?

j
My car is an early build, Jun '03, and developed the infamous popping out of 1st gear proplem. The fix back then was to swap out the transmission if you could show them the problem. The techs never duplicated it, but the owner told them to change it out after I persisted it was a safety issue.

As I've said before, I've had just about every problem with my car from a transmission swap to a rear end replacement and everything in between. For the most part it got done without a hassle, other times it was a circus.

Anyway, the seat is getting fixed next week and I won't feel like I'm sitting in a Yugo or a Citroen 2CV with crappy seats.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Forum Regular

My car is an early build, Jun '03, to a rear end replacement and everything in between. For the most part it got done without a hassle, other times it was a circus.
sorry, but what was wrong with the rearend? because i am getting weird stuff first from my tranny, but dealer finally taking care of it... but i noticed some really weird grinding occurring back where the rearend is...

thanx
again

Old 05-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Forum Regular

The rear end had a humming type of noise at steady highway speed that went away whenever you slowed down or sped up. Changed out the entire rear end and everything is fine. No grinding noise.

Ha ha... some day I ought to post everything that was worked on in my car, but then I would be called the village idiot for having kept the car and not getting rid of it.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Forum Regular

The rear end had a humming type of noise at steady highway speed that went away whenever you slowed down or sped up. Changed out the entire rear end and everything is fine. No grinding noise.

Ha ha... some day I ought to post everything that was worked on in my car, but then I would be called the village idiot for having kept the car and not getting rid of it.

one beneficial thing is that you got free miles on the old tranny and rear!!!

but i know its a pain in the whozitz with all that downtime in the shop...