Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I Don't Fit!

Old 05-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: I Don't Fit!

I'm 5'8" and with the back of the seat about an inch away from the bolster,
and with the seat back slightly reclined. I have all the room in the world
between my not so inconsiderable belly and the steering wheel, as well as
between my knees and the bottom of the dashboard. Though you say
otherwise, I must believe that you have the seat back reclined to nearly
sleeping position. Either that, or you have really long legs and a very short
torso.

As for our friend with the hats, I don't have any problem with hats while in
the car, but if I lean out the window just a bit to, say insert an ATM card in
a driver up teller box, I always knock my hat back. It is about the only time
I have ever turned my cap backwards, but doing so keeps it on my head.

Coyote

Old 05-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: I Don't Fit!

Hi guys. Interesting topic for sure. New to this forum as it was a while trying to post on here.

Anyways, I'm 5' 3" and 195 lbs. Not fat, but well built per se. I love my car. Fits nicely. Yes, I did have the issue of hitting the airbag, but I adjusted to it much like you do when adjusting to the turn signal vs. cruise control lever.

I love this thing and it feels like it wraps around me when I'm seated properly. The only item I think the seating needs is the memory function like you get on some higher end vehicles where the seat will pull back upon exiting the vehicle and return to its' original position. That would make the seating PERFECT.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am 6' and 195 lbs, my wife is 5'7" and 130 lbs and we both fit in the car just fine. We bought the car strictly for touring and we average about 6 hours a day in the car wit the average trip being about 5 days and don't find the ride unpleasant at all. I have the seat all the way to the back and bottomed out; I personally like sitting strait up or else my lower back will start hurting.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jbjtkbw00
Anyways, I'm 5' 3" and 195 lbs. Not fat, but well built per se.
wow... indeed built.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Forum Regular

I'm 6'4" and sit pretty well in the Coupe. Ok, it needed some time to find a comfortable position. The front of the seat is a little lifted (for better comfort of the legs) and the seat is not all the way back, in order to lower the back of the seat. The steering wheel is pulled. I hope you understand what I try to describe. And from time to time I change the seat position.

Maybe you give it an other chance and play around with the seat position.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I'm 5'-10" (5'9" if I slouch) ... I have plenty of room. I've only had my XF 3 weeks so I am still tweaking the seat now and then. But I think I've found a good spot. It does have a LOT more adjustments than any other car I've had. Moving one setting effects another, so it does take time to find a good spot.

Longest drive so far ... 1 hour (local disc golf tournament). I plan on taking it to Tulsa for the PDGA Amateur Worlds. I'll report back on the trip.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:47 PM

To those who inquired about my "I Don't Fit!" post: My 5' 7" frame is built like a daschund's -- all middle, short legs and arms. Relative to the pedals, I like to be able to get the clutch pedal to the floor. Relative to the steering wheel (pushed all the way in towards the dash), I like a nearly straight armed position with a little crook in the elbows -- enough that turning the wheel past 12 does not require an leaning forward. This generally leaves me with the seatback one or two others further leaned back than most people seem to prefer. In the two Crossfire's I've driven, the most immediately natural position for the bottom cushion ("active traction sensor"...) about a third of the way up from its lowest position, with a slight rise at the front for best thigh support.

Trouble is that, when so adjusted, the seatback is in hard contact with the bulkhead behind the driver -- far beyond "simply touching," and enough that it actually is forcing the rear end of the bottom cushion to rise (reducing seatback recline lets the bottom cushion settle back down).

Maybe you guys all have an extra hinge in the middle, and like sitting as straight up as the school teacher insisted. I usually only achieve that angle when doing sit-ups exercises...

Old 05-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know what you are experiencing... leaning your head back in the only position that is comfy for your legs and arms seems strange... like as if it was some exotic... but the reality is that is the relaxed position in the car when cruising, designed with that in mind, the lean back when driving around normal i have my head neck lift my head off the headrest and just sit like that... its pretty comfy and provides good back support... but i must admit the SRT-4 seats where ten times better for my back on any trip...

Old 05-26-2006, 09:44 PM

I fit, but just barely. I'm 6'-3" and 240 lbs. I can't move the seat anywhere but where it is, but I do fit. It seems better after the seat bottom has compressed a little since I bought the car. I wonder if I'll fit in it next week when I get the seat bottom replaced (the heater stopped working).

I knew it was a tight fit when I first test drove it, that's why I kept looking at other cars/trucks. Obviously I couldn't find anything I liked better, even with the snug fit.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: I Don't Fit!

I am 5'5" and weigh 172 pounds and fit perfectly!

Old 05-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Forum Regular

"I do fit" like I'm laying in my coffin, I could set inside this car day and night with the CD kicking and the windows rolled up tight, and

moving at high speeds, God this freakin car LOVES ME!! Best of all it's not a Z Car.

This ain't a bicycle people, one does fit all here, just push the seat adjustments around, up, and down until you get it right... if that don't

work then don't buy the darn thing, because your right "you don't fit the car" and that is the bottom line. hooah

Last edited by FirebaseD; 05-27-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:22 AM

You have to play with the adjustments to get it just right. I'm 5'9" and it took time for me to get it adjusted just right.

Old 05-28-2006, 06:40 AM

IIRC the base coupe doesn't have the vertical adjustment that is on the limited and the 2004's so you might not have been able to move the seat down far enough if you were testing a base coupe. I'm 5'7" and 150 lbs with relatively short legs and long arms and prefer a laid back position and I've been very comfortable in the car on trips as long as seven hours. I do miss the dead pedal that was in my '92 Eclipse though.

The fourth Chrysler dealer (Junction Chrysler, Chardon, Ohio) I took my car to made it clear to me that they did not want to see me again by leaving the seat in the full forward, full up no tilt position. With the seat set like that it was almost impossible for me to get into the car.

If you're considering buying a new Crossfire you need to be aware that most Chrysler dealers are unwilling or unable to fix anything on the car beyond the remove and replace kind of repairs that you could probably do yourself.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:18 AM

I'll go ahead and add my experience to the mix. I am just under 6'4" and weigh about 245. I have been test driving and sitting in X-Fires in the last week or so and I have fit just fine. With the exception of one and I attribute that to not adjusting the seat properly when I drove it. I am actually going to go try it out again to see if that was the case.

Of course my car of the past 5 years has been a '97 Nissan 240SX, which is a bit cramped for someone of my size. So maybe I am just used to it.

jmlg