Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Just bought my Crossfire!

Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just bought my Crossfire!

Originally Posted by blacklimitedcoupe
I understand that CarMax states the car is fully inspected, but keep in mind you bought a used car. The nail in the tire could have happened after you bought the car so I'd be happy with them patching it for free. A patch will hold up just fine. The rest of the stuff is minor. I'm not being negative, just saying I don't think anyone should expect to purchase a "used" car at a used car price and think that everything will be as perfect as new. But welcome to the Crossfire community...you'll love the car!!
Well, I do not agree with this. If you buy it from Carmax, they do have a return policy and the car although used has Chrysler warranty. If you got it use it. Like I said, even look into getting an extended warranty, just in case. Its worth it.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Post Re: Just bought my Crossfire!

My girlfriend (a service technician "mechanic" at Mazda) checked the codes and got a code for something that shoots air in to the exhaust prior to the cat to help emissions, she knows the terminology, I don't.

She also took it in to the Dodge dealership during her lunch today. The Chrysler dealership here seems to have a very bad reputation, the Dodge dealership is suppose to be better. They checked the prior warrenty work, and it looks like the rear axle was replaced, the driver windshield (someone might have broke in to it), and a bunch of misc stuff like the tire air pressure sensor which is apparently still bad as the light stays on even after driving with proper inflated tires. She says the emissions thing setting off the check engine light is not covered under warrenty anymore.

She's going to leave the car there a day or two to see if they will acknowledge and repair the differential, or give some lame excuse like it being tires or exhaust. I love the car and want to keep it, but if the differential won't be replaced, then I'll be returning it to CarMax. If the latter is the case, I hope I can find another decent deal soon.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:58 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Emthusiast
Well, I do not agree with this. If you buy it from Carmax, they do have a return policy and the car although used has Chrysler warranty. If you got it use it. Like I said, even look into getting an extended warranty, just in case. Its worth it.
I think BLC's message was directed to DodgePro. I agree with BLC. He's only speaking to the expectation of a new vs used car. Of course Alexander has the option to return it. That's their policy.

In any case a used car will show some wear. That's normal. Now, when you buy certified used, the expectation should be much higher.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FPMartinez
I think BLC's message was directed to DodgePro. I agree with BLC. He's only speaking to the expectation of a new vs used car. Of course Alexander has the option to return it. That's their policy.

In any case a used car will show some wear. That's normal. Now, when you buy certified used, the expectation should be much higher.
Thank you for clarifying that for me. Yes, my message was simply stating that some people expect a used car to be absolutely perfect and that's never the case. But I also agree if Carmax has a return policy and something is drastically wrong with the car, of course you should take it back. Good luck.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:20 PM

The ONLY gripe I have is the rear differential being bad. Nothing else, I like the car a lot and hope that can be taken care of. Test driving was done on the street, I even went 60 mph in a 40 mph. The freeway by here is the 5 and was constantly busy the two times I went to test drive, so no chance to test it 70 mph.

Normal wear and tear is fine, the seats are kinda getting worn and other stuff. But a bad differential is not something I'm going to be okay with.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexander
The ONLY gripe I have is the rear differential being bad. Nothing else, I like the car a lot and hope that can be taken care of. Test driving was done on the street, I even went 60 mph in a 40 mph. The freeway by here is the 5 and was constantly busy the two times I went to test drive, so no chance to test it 70 mph.

Normal wear and tear is fine, the seats are kinda getting worn and other stuff. But a bad differential is not something I'm going to be okay with.
Time is of the essence for you. If you only have four days to return it, take it now. Maybe they will offer to repair it.

FP