Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Firepower update, end of the Crossfire

Old 12-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firepower update, end of the Crossfire

So I haven't been on here in quite some time and am reading that Chrysler has supposedly "officially" announced that they will NOT build the Firepower no matter what? Is this for sure 100% true? Also, though we saw earlier this year many press releases saying the Crossfire would once again be imported for '07 to the US, it obviously has not or if it has it has been in very few numbers? Just curious what all news there is out there since I don't have time to read all ten million pages of this entire website. I'm just curious because I had plans for a different car, and now that the Firepower may not be coming out I may just stick to the Crossfire and make some of those crazy body kit concepts a reality shortly. But I still think the time is quickly approaching for a new car as the new G35 coupe and especially the new Audi TT that the Audi dealer near me is already distributing pamphlets and pictures of will COMPLETELY put the Crossfire to shame, unfortunately. So, please give me a little feed back and let me know what you guys are thinking so I can stay in touch with what's going on in the mysterious head of DaimlerChrysler these days...

Also I have posted in other forums but I'm just curious once again if anyone in the last three or so months that I haven't been on has yet managed to turbo or supercharge an NA engine other than myself? Everything I've read here tonight has been theory or in reference to a mysterious non-existent silver Crossfire on some video which no one seems to know who owns it. Just curious.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Firepower update, end of the Crossfire

I'm slowly working on S/charger for my XF, but I'm still doing research on a piggyback ecu. What computer are you using for timing and fuel adjustments?

Old 12-23-2006, 10:10 PM

There is a full - page ad for the Crossfire in the December 18th issue of Autoweek. I doubt Chrysler would be paying for an ad like that if they weren't going to be making them in 2007.

Old 12-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Banned

And as for the Firepower rumors? I'll explain my turbo kit shortly.