Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

DC Auto Show 2007

Old 12-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default DC Auto Show 2007

Well, well, look who's giving the keynote for the media day at the DC Auto Show...our poppa Dr. Z. Maybe I should get a press pass and see I can slip in some XF questions for our commander in chief. Any suggestions for questions?

http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/

Old 12-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DC Auto Show 2007

A good question - will there ever be an option to have Crossfires serviced by MB dealers - under warranty?

I think that's been a big question most of us have been wondering about... now that we know our cars will no longer be made (ok there are a few 2006's), then that means service and support for our cars will get worse and worse...

Old 12-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Well, well, look who's giving the keynote for the media day at the DC Auto Show...our poppa Dr. Z. Maybe I should get a press pass and see I can slip in some XF questions for our commander in chief. Any suggestions for questions?

http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/
You're darn tootin' I have a question for him !

Hand him a copy of this picture and tell him I'm the ONLY Crossfire in the US that's racing semi-pro and placed 6th in my class last year with the National Auto Sport Association (NASA). Then ask him to sponsor me with a full donor car SRT6 preferably !!! Tell him that he'll get a third place trophy at the 2007 nationals in return !

Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 PM

Sharon/Derek...thanks I'm actually going to try and do this. I wonder if there is someway to get a classification from the forum as a "writer", I'm going to get info on this. Keep the thoughts coming.

BTW Derek...you're Pic above is my current screensaver...lol.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:03 PM

Sharon/Derek...thanks I'm actually going to try and do this. I wonder if there is someway to get a classification from the forum as a "writer", I'm going to get info on this. Keep the thoughts coming.

BTW Derek...you're Pic above is my current screensaver...lol.
You can use my Production Company info to get Press Credentials if you want. Just send me a link to the website of the auto show promoters and I'll see if they offer press creds.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:08 PM

Here's the media coordinator for the Show:

Media: Please RSVP by January 17 to Kat Ballou, kathryn@pomeranceassociates.com. For more information, call 800-697-7574.

I'll contact her and see what I need to do. Also, I think I should get some XF gear (custom embroidered button down)...

Lastly, it would perhaps be a good time to get our bud Maxxm to collaborate on our "demands from the XF community" as discussed ages ago. Perhaps I can hand deliver our collective thoughts to Dr. Z.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:38 PM

Here's the media coordinator for the Show:

Media: Please RSVP by January 17 to Kat Ballou, kathryn@pomeranceassociates.com. For more information, call 800-697-7574.

I'll contact her and see what I need to do. Also, I think I should get some XF gear (custom embroidered button down)...

Lastly, it would perhaps be a good time to get our bud Maxxm to collaborate on our "demands from the XF community" as discussed ages ago. Perhaps I can hand deliver our collective thoughts to Dr. Z.
Send me an e-mail or PM with your name, contact info etc. and I will generate a request to the PR agency for a press credential for you.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sennaspirit keep us posted...
Let us (me) know what day you're thinking of going so maybe I can join you.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:31 PM

Will do bud...gotta see if Pat, Blade, 22Blk can make it. I'm thinking weekend at the moment...let me know what's best for you. See the thread in the NW region.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:32 AM

A tip for those who attend Autoshows, fill out the "information requests" or contest entries at the manufacturer booths. Last autoshow season I got two $50 AMEX cards for test driving Hyundais (thats $100) and a $25 gift card for Target from Chevrolet. You fill out the card, drop it in the slot, and a few months later you get a coupon to take to the dealer. I have yet to actually drive the cars to get the $$, the dealer just signs it and off you go. The auto manufacturers are really anxious to get anybody into their showrooms, and will pay you to do so.

Too bad Dr. Z isn't there on Weds....the Redskins Cheerleaders are going to be at the Autoshow that day, and surely, they will need some consoling after the season the Redskins have had.

Thanks for the post, I forgot the DC show is in January..I keep thinking February. I'll be sure to clear my calendar for that weekend.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:55 AM

You could ask him why Chrysler dealers refuse to comply with the lemon laws in the states that have them.

You could ask him whether Chrysler dealers don't honor the warranties they advertise because they are incompetent or because they profit from refusing to perform the after sales support they are legally obligated to provide.

You could ask him how long he expects Chrysler to survive while a significant percentage of it's customers will refuse to buy another car from them because of quality and service problems.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:22 PM

Guys, just wanted to post a link here to the DC Auto Show for those of you in the general area who don't get down the messages in the "Regional" section.

We've got a good list of people coming, including our buddy Mr. Clean (Andrew). So if you're interested in meeting up with us at the auto show...please follow this thread link:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=13522

Maps, directions, list, meet up time all there.

Cya there!

SENNA.