Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Dilemma, Dilemma...No Power and Towing issues

Old 02-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Dilemma, Dilemma...No Power and Towing issues

I'm trying to find a thread about how to correctly tow the crossfire. Can't find one yet. My battery and everything else died in my Crossfire last night and roadside assistance is here but the guy knows nothing about how to tow it correctly and neither do I. The key turns and nothing happens at all. I can't put it in neutral to push it out of the garage so he can get it on the flatbed truck. He called his office and, are you ready for this one?!"...they told him to put dawn dishwashing liquid under the tires, put the chain on and pull it out!! Gave me a good belly laugh.

With absolutely no power, I was unable to get the car into neutral and called the Chrysler dealer. They said there was some mysterious cubby in the car that we could somehow access the shift and change it to neutral that way! We couldn't find whatever it was he was talking about. Finally, the tow guy was able to charge it just enough to get it into neutral and then it died. I helped him push it out and then I made him wait while I got all the information regarding towing from the manual; and actually came here to print what I could find and read it to him (and gave it to him) so he could do it with that strange little tool. He was very patient. I had a strong urge to cry!! as I watched my baby leaving. I am bummed. Especially since I think it was just the battery (hoping). Asked if they could bring a battery out to us first to see if that would fix the problem but they said no! They wanted to take it in. I just hope they don't screw it up!

I would like to know if anyone knows of a place where I could get step-by-step instructions on how to a) find a way to get the car into neutral for towing when it has no power; and b) exactly what to do (step-by-step) from start to finish to correctly tow the car without damaging or hurting it! Any takers, LOL?!! All comments requested...and appreciated. I did google searches, looked here, even tried to find something on the Chrysler site; but still nothing!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dilemma, Dilemma...No Power and Towing issues

Here's how to get it into neutral.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Park.jpg (68.8 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by pgmikes; 02-07-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Re: Dilemma, Dilemma...No Power and Towing issues

PG Mikes,

Thank you so much for the information. I'm going to keep it in my glovebox for future reference.