Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Dreamer

Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts
Default Dreamer

I may be a fool or a dreamer but wouldn't it be a blast to try to bring together as many Crossfires and Crossfire owners, in one spot as possible? It would be a great advertising gimmick for D.C. if they would sponsor such a thing, but of course they wouldn't Let’s take a poll. How far would each of you be willing to drive in your beautiful Crossfire if you had time to plan? Does anyone know where might be a good central location with enough room? Can you imagine meeting all of our TEAM CROSSFIRE friends and seeing hundreds of Crossfires in one place. It might even turn into an annual media event like the "Great Race". Let’s discuss. I for one would enjoy a drive to such an event and many of us could even "CONVOY". We got us a convoy good buddy.
Who might be interested and who might have suggestions for a location? I would of course love California because of the weather but I am willing to travel.
I used to drive old route 66 cross country. Lets have fun and show people what we have !!!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dreamer

That would be one awesome sight...hundreds of crossfires together...

Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 PM
RPM

Sounds like a good idea.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell, yeah! Let's all meet up at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxwell
Hell, yeah! Let's all meet up at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas!
I would love to have this. Hmmm some where central in the US? CHICAGO is my kind of town.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FP
I would love to have this. Hmmm some where central in the US? CHICAGO is my kind of town.
Come on FP...You can do better than that...

It may be better having regional meets...East coast (NC seems central), west coast at least (Vegas).

Last edited by Emthusiast; 02-08-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Forum Regular

The funny thing is, there are probably more Crossfires in SoCal than anywhere else in the US (besides Michigan from what I have heard), but they're not that "special" here, so no one really has enthusiasm about them. If any of you disagree with me, come spend a week in Malibu. I see soooo many Crossfires around here and the owners have no idea about any Crossfire community or have any interest to get involved.

Last edited by brhertel; 02-08-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:40 PM
FP

Originally Posted by Emthusiast
Come on FP...You can do better than that...

I hope you're kidding, I am. See my...

Old 02-09-2007, 12:02 AM

Come on Team, This is not about anything else than bringing together all of the folks that truly enjoy and appreciate the Crossfire. Mustangs do it, Chevy's d it, Roadsters do it, customs do it, do we love out cars or not. These vehicles are the most awesome underappreciated, under rated machines in recent history. I believe this will be the collector car of the future !!!
My only question is when and where. We can do this! I'm willing to drive anywhere with my fellow owners and friends. The question is "would you"?

Old 02-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Forum Regular

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in!! Let's do it!!

Old 02-09-2007, 01:09 AM

ZERACER...I'm totally with you on that! I feel the same way and would love to be apart of it. Im in San Diego and have no problems going anywhere to do this.

Brhertel...Are there that many in Malibu, I moved from Italy to San Diego about a year ago and have seen MAYBE 7 different ones on the road, and I drive alot. One of the reasons I bought it was because of the rarity and I feel in love with it 3 years ago. Now that I have one, Im hooked!

I'm in.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually another location that would be great to see, and be seen, is the Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise on the 3rd Saturday of August in Detroit. I can think of no better place in America to show the automotive world that the Crossfire does indeed have a loyal and enthusiastic following. Even though D/C doesn't seen to feel the same way about our beloved cars.
Besides, anybody who considers themselves a car enthusiast, deserves to see the greatest automotive spectacle on earth, at least once.
It's really not to early to start planning something right now.
I'm sure there are some "home town" members from Mich. that could put something together and find a location for a few dozen Crossfires to "hook up" and go out and cruise the Woody, as a large group.
Maybe even locate a "Host" hotel where we all could stay the night before and meet and greet each other. (while we "detail" our cars).

Old 02-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maximussquid
ZERACER...I'm totally with you on that! I feel the same way and would love to be apart of it. Im in San Diego and have no problems going anywhere to do this.

Brhertel...Are there that many in Malibu, I moved from Italy to San Diego about a year ago and have seen MAYBE 7 different ones on the road, and I drive alot. One of the reasons I bought it was because of the rarity and I feel in love with it 3 years ago. Now that I have one, Im hooked!

I'm in.
Its not that there are that many in Malibu, but the average car here is a 911 or an M3, and there are SL55 s everywhere as well as Ferraris and Lambos, so the Crossfire gets overlooked sometimes. I would love to get together with some of the XFire enthusiasts, and match some faces to screen names!!

Old 02-09-2007, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Actually another location that would be great to see, and be seen, is the Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise on the 3rd Saturday of August in Detroit. I can think of no better place in America to show the automotive world that the Crossfire does indeed have a loyal and enthusiastic following. Even though D/C doesn't seen to feel the same way about our beloved cars.
Besides, anybody who considers themselves a car enthusiast, deserves to see the greatest automotive spectacle on earth, at least once.
I'm sure there are some "home town" members from Mich. that could put something together and find a location for a few dozen Crossfires to "hook up" and go out and cruise the Woody, as a large group.
Maybe even locate a "Host" hotel where we all could stay the night before and meet and greet each other. (while we "detail" our cars).
Dream Cruise sounds like a great idea to me. It would be nice to get another group shot in front of the Chrysler HQ/ museum again. There are a couple of hotels right around DCX HQ which is about 5 min away from Woodward. Plus cruising woodward with a bunch of XF would be an awesome site to see. So Dream Cruise has my vote!!!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:24 AM
FP

Originally Posted by fuzz 40
Dream Cruise sounds like a great idea to me. It would be nice to get another group shot in front of the Chrysler HQ/ museum again. There are a couple of hotels right around DCX HQ which is about 5 min away from Woodward. Plus cruising woodward with a bunch of XF would be an awesome site to see. So Dream Cruise has my vote!!!
I'm in...

Old 02-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzz 40
I'm in... this sounds fantastic. And I'm willing to drive anywhere... as long as there's a car wash near by.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:01 PM

Right now there are about 16 cars/people coming to Orlando on March 17th. It's a pretty good number but no where near the other makes that have events since they are abundant. As of now Sharonaln is going to do an article and submit it to DC which apparently has some newsletter that we'll be featured in and a local rep might be out there with us.

If you want to read the thread, look in the Southeast Area Forum. We have one person coming from MD (hopefully) and others from GA, so if you're in the Southeast and Midwest and want out of the cold for a little bit make plans now to come.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=13914

Old 02-09-2007, 12:54 PM
RPM

I'm in. I've never been to Detroit.
I have a neighbor with a Crossfire that I haven't met yet. Perhaps I will see if they are interested too (in the forum and the get-together).

Old 02-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually another location that would be great to see, and be seen, is the Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise on the 3rd Saturday of August in Detroit.
I'm planning on being there and would love to meet with the Crossfire Crowd but we need a location outside of Detroit to designate as a meeting area like Livonia or Westland. Someplace close 8 Mile Rd. The traffic will be NUTS for sure. Can we find an area with a big empty parking lot...Any suggestions?

Old 02-09-2007, 01:25 PM

Now this is getting interesting!

Quick Reply: Dreamer