Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Should I buy the Crossfire?

Old 05-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Location: California [Metro Areas] Napa, San Francisco, Sacramento
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Should I buy the Crossfire?

Hi Guys =)

I've test drove the crossfire coupe/convertible about a hundred times now but I'm just questioning myself if this is the car to buy. I've always wanted an slk but being it's going to be my first car, I think this one is more practical and it favors the slk in a lot of ways.

Any complaints or problems?
Any things I should know or consider before buying?

Any input at all would be greatly appreciated =)

I'm going to be buying any day now so I'd like to know as much as I can.

Thanks<33

Old 05-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Should I buy the Crossfire?

Stop reading... stop considering... buy it... the only thing you should be left with considering is... color, roadster or coupe, srt or not... that's all...

Old 05-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Location: California [Metro Areas] Napa, San Francisco, Sacramento

Thank You!

Old 05-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sidez
Stop reading... stop considering... buy it... the only thing you should be left with considering is... color, roadster or coupe, srt or not... that's all...
DITTO!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Should I buy the Crossfire?

Double Ditto!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:00 PM

You are buying a sports car, so you have to remember that they are a blast to drive, and can be hard on the wallet and insurance, just be sure you get a 7 yr-70,000 mile warrantee. And you will be using it.

The most expensive part of the car is the tires. And if its a 6 speed the clutch and tires. After that its gonna cost as much to run this car as it would be a Honda or Toyota with a v6.
Definitely buy the crossfire, its cheaper then a new Honda and Toyota too.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:02 PM

haha cool. the crossfire was my first car also and i was really surprised with what it had to offer. its super cute and has the performance to match. although its not as luxurious as the slk, it does the job very well. i love it and i know that you'll love it as well. <3

Old 05-18-2007, 10:24 PM

Wait for the SRT-6...the prices are going down!

Old 05-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah; I'd really recommend trying to get an SRT if you can. You might not want the power right now, but down the line you probably will wish you've had it.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by nox1s
Yeah; I'd really recommend trying to get an SRT if you can. You might not want the power right now, but down the line you probably will wish you've had it.
The srt is only a couple dollars more and besides the performance cant hurt... I agree with nox1s statement get the srt... again I have many reasons and opinions that show that this is the absolute BEST possible touring car for the price... I just stated them one to many times and now I think it is much easier to just say BUY IT and THATS IT...

Old 05-19-2007, 06:00 AM

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say this...

if this is your first car, go buy a $5k honda civic and drive it for a year. Then, go buy a crossfire or whatever else. Your first car will get abused, you'll hit stuff, etc. You don't want a rear wheel drive sports car to learn to drive in. It's not a smart idea. Getting an SRT6 as a first car is an even worse idea.

Learn to drive well, then consider a sports car. You really need some experience before purchasing a car like this is a smart idea.

I know there are some younger members on here that'll say "but I'm a great driver, and the crossfire hasn't caused me problems". Well congrats, but every young driver I've ever known thought they were a great driver. Hell, I thought I was, and compared to most, I was, but looking back, I certainly know having a car like that would be a bad idea.

So again, I say this... buy a $5k civic, drive it for a year or so, and in the mean time save up, and then get the srt6 when you're a more experienced driver.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:10 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by kinkee
Hi Guys =)

I've test drove the crossfire coupe/convertible about a hundred times now but I'm just questioning myself if this is the car to buy. I've always wanted an slk but being it's going to be my first car, I think this one is more practical and it favors the slk in a lot of ways.

Any complaints or problems?
Any things I should know or consider before buying?

Any input at all would be greatly appreciated =)

I'm going to be buying any day now so I'd like to know as much as I can.

Thanks<33

Crossfire prices in California are a sweet deal at this date and time.

If the dealer price was still at $40K I would tell you to walk away.

Right now a new 06' limited with leather and premium sound are selling for $25K in CA. At this price it's a no brainer. Shop around for this price, a "Maxi Care" 7 year 70K mile warranty is $1,800. SHOP SHOP SHOP.

PM me and I will give you some great locations in CA to buy a crossfire.

BB

Old 05-20-2007, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Crossfire prices in California are a sweet deal at this date and time.

If the dealer price was still at $40K I would tell you to walk away.

Right now a new 06' limited with leather and premium sound are selling for $25K in CA. At this price it's a no brainer. Shop around for this price, a "Maxi Care" 7 year 70K mile warranty is $1,800. SHOP SHOP SHOP.

PM me and I will give you some great locations in CA to buy a crossfire.

BB
Is the warranty effective after the end of the oem warranty, or does it serve double duty for the first three years?

Old 05-20-2007, 03:11 AM
Forum Regular

That's the only part that sucks about extended warranties, because it becomes effective the day you purchase it. Basically an $1,800 7/70 warranty is truly only for 4 years / 34 months because you have the factory warranty for the first 3 years / 36,000 miles. But, warranty prices can be negotiated also.

Now, all that said above, I still purchased a 7/70 warranty also. But I only paid $1,200 for mine.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:25 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by snowtop57
That's the only part that sucks about extended warranties, because it becomes effective the day you purchase it. Basically an $1,800 7/70 warranty is truly only for 4 years / 34 months because you have the factory warranty for the first 3 years / 36,000 miles. But, warranty prices can be negotiated also.

Now, all that said above, I still purchased a 7/70 warranty also. But I only paid $1,200 for mine.
Yes, the extended warrenty kicks in when your factory warranty ends minus time/miles accumulated.

If you put 36K miles on in 2 years, you will have 5 years and 34K miles of coverage left with the optional warranty, but depending on your program, at reduced coverage.

I mostly ride my motorcycles so I will make it to 6 or 7 years before my Crossfire turns 70K miles.

For $1,800 I purchased the "Maxi Care" (5,000 parts) program with a $0 deductible, or as I put it - hands free driving, just add oil, filter, brakes and tires for seven years. (maybe a hose or belt)

To many parts not covered by the "added care" (800 parts) when you break a engine and tranny down to it's piece parts - 800 aint that many.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Should I buy the Crossfire?

Tell us what color you get, what trim, and what kind of looks you get as you cruise around... Just go for it!! You will have a ball with it and it's a total chick magnet!!

Old 05-20-2007, 10:44 PM

My '04 XF had more than 40K miles on it and I was told that I wasn't eligible for the 7/70 MaxiCare Warranty. What my Chrysler dealer sold me was a 5 year, 50K mile MaxiCare Warranty that is from the date I bought the car! It too was about $1,600 - $1,800. And yes, I have the written warranty - 5 years from my date of purchase and 50K miles from the mileage that was on the car. Wouldn't buy without it.