Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Design Philosophy

Old 05-30-2007, 07:23 AM
RPM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Design Philosophy

Originally Posted by Creator
Number 3680 with 15K miles. I'm keeping it for awhile.
Do you get people coming up to you and asking you about your Crossfire, as the rest of us do?
Must be neat to tell them 'Thanks . . . I designed it.'

Old 05-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's funny how the Crossfire is the new poster child for why Daimler and Chrysler failed. The NYT article takes it to the next level and blames the designer! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but laughing is more fun. I'm just glad to see how much all of you enjoy your Crossfires!

- Eric Stoddard
The Crossfire is a beautiful creation. It turns heads everywhere it goes, is a fantastic performer, and is just the best damn car I have ever seen. I fell in love with it he first time i ever saw it.

Thank you!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the Crossfire is one of the best looking cars on the road, I've loved the looks of them since the first time I seen one. I leased an SB '04 coupe as soon as they hit the car lots. I'm with a few other guy's on the thread, where ever I go in my SRT6 I get long looks and compliments, and a few "what is that". I only know of one person that don't care for the looks of a Crossfire, my wife. I just don't know about her.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:46 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

CREATOR, you are DA MAN. It's nice to know the creator of this beautiful car in among us in this forum. You should be the guest of honor at one of our meets. Congratulation on your creativity, and thanks for giving us so much pleasure. BTW, I just had a BMW vert owner give me a thumbs up on the road.

The hell with the cup holder fan.

Last edited by FP; 05-30-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Forum Regular

Eric, thanks for this wonderful car.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member

Thanks for all the great feedback, everybody!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
RPM

Eric,
Let us know if the Kia Kitsch Wagon ever has a chance of making it to the street (another one of your designs I believe). It is fantastic:

Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member

The Kitsch Wagon doesn't have a chance...but it would make a great street rod project! Without the Kia badge of course. Right now I'm designing the next generation Hyundai Tiburon coupe.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:06 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't realize that Creator was Eric Stoddard until now.

It's an honor having you here among us.

The Crossfire's exterior design is breath-taking. It's one of those rare designs that grabs hold of you with a love at first sight jolt. I know I speak for most of us when I say that no matter how long you've owned one, you still find yourself admiring it each and every time you walk up to it in a parking lot.

Thank you for your vision.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by midnightman
I didn't realize that Creator was Eric Stoddard until now.

It's an honor having you here among us.

The Crossfire's exterior design is breath-taking. It's one of those rare designs that grabs hold of you with a love at first sight jolt. I know I speak for most of us when I say that no matter how long you've owned one, you still find yourself admiring it each and every time you walk up to it in a parking lot.

Thank you for your vision.
I 2nd. that, Mr Stoddard. I've owned alot of cars, but this one has got to be one of the most beautiful. The Crossfire has been on the road for 3.5 years now, and it turns heads like it just came out yesterday. I've never had a car that garnered more long...admiring stares as this one does, from people of all ages.
I think future history will prove that it was truly a "timeless" design.
(I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the Tiburon).

Old 05-31-2007, 01:11 AM
Exclamation Re: Design Philosophy

The Crossfire is one of the most beautiful cars that has come along in the last 15 years. We are lucky to own one whatever year or model. We know this. DC did us a disfavor by not marketing this model properly. I only hope that now (after the breakup) Chrysler alone will support us with parts and Mercedes will do the same. We have a stand alone car now that Chrysler and Daimler have split. I bought my '04 a month ago with the bumper to bumper warranty gone but the 7k or 7 year still in place. I believe in this car and I will still twist it up every chance I get. I think it is what it is and I love this car...I'll live with it because the Crossfire is a unique car and those who love it will do so for a reason and not ***** too much because they bought it because it is what it is!!!

Dave

Old 05-31-2007, 03:20 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by +fireamx
(I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the Tiburon).
Someone start designing a sticker to cover the "H" on the Tiburon!

Old 05-31-2007, 08:04 AM

I've owned a lot of cars including a Mercedes but this is the only one that I can stare at and not imagine a way to improve the design. The lines and proportions just seem perfect. After all this time i still can't walk away from my 'fire without looking back. I've read postings from a lot of members talking about how you have modified your cars and that's fine, but mine is staying box stock forever. It's like the Fonz looking in the mirror, put away the comb, there's nothing to do here! Nicely done, Eric.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

~ you have not only created a great automobile but a true piece of art.

outstanding work.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arkady
I've owned a lot of cars including a Mercedes but this is the only one that I can stare at and not imagine a way to improve the design. The lines and proportions just seem perfect. After all this time i still can't walk away from my 'fire without looking back. I've read postings from a lot of members talking about how you have modified your cars and that's fine, but mine is staying box stock forever. It's like the Fonz looking in the mirror, put away the comb, there's nothing to do here! Nicely done, Eric.
Funny, I bought a car cover to cover mine up this past winter, but I never even got it out of the box. I just liked looking at it so much I couldn't cover it up. I'm the same way, when I walk out of my garage I'm still looking at it when I close the door. I even mounted an 18" florescent light above were I park it, kind of like a night light for it since my garage has no windows.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 AM

With my own Xfire I am torn on which view is the best. A roadster with top up or down, the view from the rear or side silhouette that looks like a cat ready to pounce. Then I open the bonnet and look at the engine or on the lift and the underside with the stainless steel exhaust and five link suspension... The answer is to rotate the views...

Gary

Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If I send you a hard copy of this, will you autograph it and send it back?

Old 05-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
If I send you a hard copy of this, will you autograph it and send it back?

I going to remove my glove compartment door, and send it to him to autograph.

Hey, if it's good enough for the Shelby owners, it's good enough for me.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's funny how the Crossfire is the new poster child for why Daimler and Chrysler failed. The NYT article takes it to the next level and blames the designer! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but laughing is more fun. I'm just glad to see how much all of you enjoy your Crossfires!

- Eric Stoddard
Eric,
Enjoy is probably not the right word for some of us. We recognized the uniqueness and boldness of the design from the start. I enjoy driving this car more and more each day and, quite frankly, just staring at it standing still is almost as good as driving it.

Thanks for posting to the site, thanks for this fantastic design, and hopefully we'll hear about more of you new designs?

Senna

Last edited by Sennaspirit; 05-31-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Eric,
Enjoy is probably not the right word for some of us. We recognized the uniqueness and boldness of the design from the start. I enjoy driving this car more and more each day and, quite frankly, just staring at it standing still is almost as good as driving it.

Thanks for posting to the site, thanks for this fantastic design, and hopefully we'll hear about more of you new designs?

Senna
It is true I really think I appreciate this car more every day. It really is a work of art. I have been fascinated by vehicles my whole life but I can honestly say this car stirs emotions in me I have never experienced from a vehicle before. It will really be hard for you to top this, but we will sure look forward to your further efforts.

Quick Reply: Design Philosophy