Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

CUSTOM Door lock pins and RADIO KNOBS

Old 06-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CUSTOM Door lock pins and RADIO *****

Originally Posted by ColoradoXFire
Chad,

Got the A/C rings today and they are now installed. Have you ever thought of Alodineing them? I will probably treat them with clear Alodine 1001 (haven't yet) that is usually used with electrically bonded aluminum parts on aircraft to prevent corrosion. It will also maintain the chrome-like look that you have supplied. What is the alloy and temper of the aluminum that they are made of? Just by applying a little "flex test" I can tell that they are made from something like 7075T3 or 2024T4 rather than O temper anything. You must have a nice CNC lathe and the education to use it to turn these out. My dad was a master tool and die machinist and inspector (50+ years in the business) before he passed away and I'm pretty sure he would have approved of your fine work. I certainly do! These rings fit up perfectly and the drop of super glue will probably never be necessary in my XFire.

Dave
Thanks Dave, I'm glad you like them... the aluminum is 6061. It's an extra strength, corrosion resistant aluminum. For the door lock pins and other items I make, I use 2024 aircraft grade aluminum. I have thought about alodineing them and I would if it was an outdoor piece, but being that it is inside the car, I think it will hold up. But alodining does protect the finish forever... I used the 6061 aluminum because it has a better corrosion resistance than some other aluminum.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:02 AM

I got the alloys and tempers wrong in my original post: they should have been 7075T6 and 2024T3. I appreciate you not holding my feet to the fire over a technical issue. The 6061 is obviously at a temper other than "0" and is a stiff feeling ring that will sit well and fits the ring surface on the A/C ring area perfectly. I guess we have to give mention to the makers of the center console to have a consistently reproduced version that aftermarket parts fit into so well. As far as the 6061 alloy material, we do use it in areas on aircraft that do need extra corrosion resistance. Thanks for thinking to use it here as our hands will contact the rings and leave many acids and such that will dull and corrode the aluminum surface. I still advocate dousing the rings in alodine 1001 Clear but I don't know where the large majority of forum members can acquire it, it is a Hazmat substance that is usually limited to aviation folks. As you say it is in the inside of the vehicle and my anality of keeping it shining is probably limited to me. Thanks for making a well-fitted good looking product that will further the individuality of our very unique cars...

Cheers.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by blacklimitedcoupe
I will be working on new parts in the next couple days, so if anyone has a special request or idea, let me know. I will be working on a polished aluminum e-brake cover and glove box trim so far and maybe a shift surround.
Any update on the polished aluminum e-brake cover? Your work is great, and this would be a nice addition. Thanks.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maxxm
Any update on the polished aluminum e-brake cover? Your work is great, and this would be a nice addition. Thanks.
I've tried designing that piece but I haven't put much effort into it yet because the amount of material require is quite costly...when you machine out the entire center of the block of aluminum, you have to scrap most of the material...but I'm going to see what I can do...

Old 07-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the radio ***** and instrument pins last week. They look great. I'm very pleased. Especially with the radio ***** because one of the original rubbery ***** was darkening with use from my grubby (?) fingers. Now, the ***** look bright and shiny, with a nice solid feel.

Thanks,
BLC.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midnightman
I got the radio ***** and instrument pins last week. They look great. I'm very pleased. Especially with the radio ***** because one of the original rubbery ***** was darkening with use from my grubby (?) fingers. Now, the ***** look bright and shiny, with a nice solid feel.

Thanks,
BLC.
Thank you...that's exactly why I wanted to replace my radio ***** because no matter how much I cleaned them, they still turned a darker color... glad you like them...

Old 07-08-2007, 09:07 AM

Hello, I got my set of interior pieces the other day and wanted to get back to you immediately; but my computer got fried by lightning! I just wanted to say in open forum that I think the parts are great - a small, but classy addition. Beyond that, your attentive communication regarding the order was appreciated. I wish all people doing internet business were as supportive of the buyer as you were.
I noticed yesterday that the left side instrument cluster pin was "drooping." I repressed it while driving, but it felt floppy not a tight fit. I guess I need to shim it. Any Ideas?
Thanks again for the great product and service.
Sloreflex

Old 07-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sloreflex
Hello, I got my set of interior pieces the other day and wanted to get back to you immediately; but my computer got fried by lightning! I just wanted to say in open forum that I think the parts are great - a small, but classy addition. Beyond that, your attentive communication regarding the order was appreciated. I wish all people doing internet business were as supportive of the buyer as you were.
I noticed yesterday that the left side instrument cluster pin was "drooping." I repressed it while driving, but it felt floppy not a tight fit. I guess I need to shim it. Any Ideas?
Thanks again for the great product and service.
Sloreflex
Thanks for the compliments... as far as the odometer **** goes, it should be a snug fit...if it isn't, I will send you a replacement. Send me a PM and I'll get it one on its way to you.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:23 AM

I'd appreciate if the member making the custom aluminum interior pieces would send a list of available parts and prices.

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

BLC, I just got back from traveling today, and found your parts with my mail. Very nice, I like them a lot.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:11 PM

Does anyone know if these items still available? I tried to send a PM but it would not send due to a full mailbox.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VAGuy22204
Does anyone know if these items still available? I tried to send a PM but it would not send due to a full mailbox.
I never got your message that you sent. Sorry. I stopped making these, but will be making more starting on Saturday (5/10/08). If anyone wants a set, please let me know and I will make as many as I need to. The following are available:

Billet Radio ***** $24 for the pair
Door Lock Pins $18
Instrument Cluster Pins $14
A/C Control Rings $27
Glove Box Trim Ring $22
Glove Box Insert $12

All prices include shipping. Multiple item orders deduct $2.00 for combined shipping.

Please PM me if anyone is interested. I will be ordering all of the material this week so I can produce the parts this weekend.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Forum Regular

Couldn't pm you...your box is full.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RIOT
Couldn't pm you...your box is full.
Sorry, I didn't realize this. It is fixed now.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Forum Regular

PMs have been sent

Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 PM

The following are available:

Door Lock Pins $18
A/C Control Rings $27
Glove Box Trim Ring $22
Glove Box Insert $12

All prices include shipping. Multiple item orders deduct $2.00 for combined shipping. Please PM me if anyone is interested. I will be ordering all of the material this week so I can produce the parts this weekend.
I bought all of these items from blacklimitedcoupe when they were first made available last year except for the radio *****, which I just ordered today. The pieces are very well made, fit perfectly, install in a flash, and look great. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in these upgrades.

Owners helping and supporting other owners is the reason this forum is so good and so successful. And many thanks to all of you who do that and help keep this community chugging along!

Old 05-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maxxm
I bought all of these items from blacklimitedcoupe when they were first made available last year except for the radio *****, which I just ordered today. The pieces are very well made, fit perfectly, install in a flash, and look great. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in these upgrades.

Owners helping and supporting other owners is the reason this forum is so good and so successful. And many thanks to all of you who do that and help keep this community chugging along!
Thank you for the compliments - I'm glad you liked the accessories and I think you will be very happy when the radio ***** arrive. To me, they are the best small interior upgrade you can do!

Old 05-04-2008, 11:21 PM

The following are available:

Door Lock Pins $18
A/C Control Rings $27
Glove Box Trim Ring $22
Glove Box Insert $12

All prices include shipping. Multiple item orders deduct $2.00 for combined shipping.

Please PM me if anyone is interested. I will be ordering all of the material this week so I can produce the parts this weekend.
Any special pricing for the entire package?

Old 05-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
Any special pricing for the entire package?
pm sent.............

Old 05-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Forum Regular

Many people have asked about polished parts. I can polish any of the parts that I manufacture at no extra charge.

Quick Reply: CUSTOM Door lock pins and RADIO KNOBS