Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

spoiler

Old 06-18-2007, 02:55 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spoiler

is there any way to make the spoiler go down with one motion while the car is parked? i saw a video where a crossfire was stopped and the spoiler went down without going through the 5-6 steps.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:51 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: spoiler

I just happened to be looking at the service manual when I read the post and decided to look in the spoiler section. Short answer is trick photography or something of that nature... Sorry. I read each section in the diagnosis and testing section and it mentions nothing of the steps the spoiler takes when lowering when the car is parked. It also makes no mention of how fast or slow the car needs to be going to get the spoiler to lower without going through the stops. The next logical step for me was to look at the electrical diagrams, and since I'm and electrical engineer, I thought I could find a place to jumper out a relay or something. No luck. It actually looks like the Body Control Module is what has control over the spoiler. You can manually raise and lower the spoiler in normal city driving or when parked, but when you get over the magic speed of roughly 62 MPH (varies from car to car) you loose control of the spoiler because the Body Control Module takes over. I didn't see any drawing of the inside of the Body Control Module, but there may be a way to jumper something inside of it. It just may not be worth the effort. I know I don't like all the steps the wing goes through when going real slow or parked when you want to lower it... I may be wrong on this but it's what it looks like to me in the manual. Are you as confused as I am?? LOL...

Old 06-18-2007, 04:57 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: spoiler

i just don't know why the spoiler can go down smoothly when you're driving, but they make it go down choppy when you're parked.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The reason it goes down in steps it because you have the option of "parking" it at each step. Simply release the button when it gets to the step you want and it will stay there. Its purely eye-candy as far as I can tell but that's the way it works. If the car is moving at any speed you can manually raise & lower it in one motion. Go figure...

Old 06-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobs
The reason it goes down in steps it because you have the option of "parking" it at each step. Simply release the button when it gets to the step you want and it will stay there. Its purely eye-candy as far as I can tell but that's the way it works. If the car is moving at any speed you can manually raise & lower it in one motion. Go figure...
i know it will in motion. the part about the spoiler staying where you want it by releasing the button doesn't always work with mine. if i lower it 3 steps, sometimes it'll stay or sometimes it'll return to the top.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you're driving below 10 mph, it requires you to hold the button down to retract the spoiler. and if you let the button go, the spoiler goes right back up. i'm pretty sure its a safety issue; ie. if you're moving, its quite unlikely someone's hands may be resting beneath the spoiler.

to pause the spoiler, you need to press the up button while its in its 'up' motion.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:37 PM

"...at the service manual..." where can I get one? I've been looking for a while now (seems not hard enough). Is it a Chilton's manual?

Old 06-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dom67911
"...at the service manual..." where can I get one? I've been looking for a while now (seems not hard enough). Is it a Chilton's manual?
Use the "search" button at the top of this page. You will find a link to it.