Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Spoiler microswitch part number

Old 09-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler microswitch part number

Hi,

Does anyone have the part number for a rear spoiler microswitch for a 2004 Roadster?

I've found the microswitch online for 2007-2008 models here and just wanted to check in the absence of the 2004 being listed whether it's compatible.

Thank you

Old 09-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: Spoiler microswitch part number

Roadsters didn't go into production until 2005 model year. I would think all parts are the same regardless of year.

James

Old 09-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Lockhouse
Hi,

Does anyone have the part number for a rear spoiler microswitch for a 2004 Roadster?

I've found the microswitch online for 2007-2008 models here and just wanted to check in the absence of the 2004 being listed whether it's compatible.

Thank you
If you have access to the switch you should be able to get the makers name and part number from it. This part will be an off the shelf item, Chrysler would not make them specifically for the car. It should be a lot cheaper if you can. Micro switches are quite cheap.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by James1549
Roadsters didn't go into production until 2005 model year. I would think all parts are the same regardless of year.

James
UK RHD Car first registered July 2004. It's a convertible, sorry if I've got the model wrong.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:23 AM

I got the part number but what I thought was the microswitch is just a blue connector that fits into the spoiler. Does anyone know what\where the spoiler microswitch is?

Old 09-13-2015, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lockhouse
UK RHD Car first registered July 2004. It's a convertible, sorry if I've got the model wrong.
A lot of us realize that UK registration date is what you guys quote, we go by the model year even if it registered earlier or later.
Do a search on the wing, James1549 actually did a great post on the mechanism some years back. So use James1549 and spoiler in the advanced search located under the tools heading.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

search "spoiler stuck open" for picture see post 14 #5161967-AA this is the two black switches and the black connector that attaches to the blue connector! Working on how to replace them...

Old 10-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Forum Regular

Don't bother pulling everything apart - you should be able to install without the retainer clips, just pull the old ones out and they already have alignment pins so they go in the correct place and I used a dab of hot glue to keep them in tight. Works fine now!

Old 10-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the link by James 1549 for the spoiler mechanism. This link is for installing an SRT wing on a NA.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...lectrical.html

Also, the part number for the micro switch is 019003 Serie 193. It is a German switch & I was never able to find one.
Limit Switch Wiring Assembly: PN 5161967-AA Switch MI 01093030 $34.83. This is the part number that was on the package A 193 820 35 10.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2-25-2015 Feb 300A.jpg (52.6 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by Red Runner; 10-18-2015 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:03 AM
Forum Regular

thanks Stan - the glue worked great.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone know where i can get this part!!!!!!!!! thank you!

The following users liked this post:
Droptopp (03-04-2024)
Old 06-01-2020, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jdabs
Micro switches tend to follow a specification, so one makers switch will interchange with another manufacturer. If you cannot find the one mentioned look for another maker who makes one with the same sizes, attachment pattern etc as the one you have.

Old 03-04-2024, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jdabs
I need this part as well, mine just failed.
Fuses all intact
BAS sensor is on dash, ABS on dash.
spoiler will go up not down. Got it to go down twice and then popped back up.
up down Switch on dash not doing anything only flashing red.
took a wrench and manually lowered by turning at the blue connector. And unplugged everything at the spoiler.
top won’t drop now either.
I’d keep driving around with Christmas tree dash if the top would drop. Performance not affected. Braking system not as nice and no traction control but if the top would drop I wouldn’t care.

need new replacement part for spoiler if anyone knows please send a link !

Old 03-04-2024, 04:32 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Droptopp
Fuses all intact
1) BAS sensor is on dash, ABS on dash. (There are no sensors on the 'dash' - only the fault indicator lights)
2) spoiler will go up not down. 3) Got it to go down twice and then popped back up.
4) up down Switch on dash not doing anything only flashing red.
5) top won’t drop now either.
I’d keep driving around with Christmas tree dash if the top would drop. Performance not affected. 6) Braking system not as nice and no traction control
Let's try to get you up to speed.

Points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are a big finger pointing to the problem here - and it is not a switch on the wing. The Power Top Control module gets permission to move the top from the Body Control Module (BCM) and the Central Locking Pump/Security System Module (CLP/SSM). These modules get data from the Brake Controller in order to make the decision if the top should be moved. Additionally, the BCM operates the wing motor based on data from the Brake Controller as well. The fact that the top AND wing are not happy are a red flag that has nothing to do with any switch on the wing OR top.

Clearly, you have a problem in the Brake Controller. In order to know which way to go next, we must first know:

A) If this is a manual or automatic?
B) If it is an automatic, do you have trouble getting out of Park?
c) Does the speedometer work normally or is it dead or acting "funny"?

The answers to these three questions will tell us what direction to go from here. The possibles are: Bad BCM, Bad RCM, Bad Brake Controller, CAN BUS failure, or blown fuse.
The suspect fuses are all in the underhood fuse box on the driver's side. These fuses include those for ABS/Traction Control or for the BCM.

Old 03-04-2024, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Let's try to get you up to speed.

Points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are a big finger pointing to the problem here - and it is not a switch on the wing. The Power Top Control module gets permission to move the top from the Body Control Module (BCM) and the Central Locking Pump/Security System Module (CLP/SSM). These modules get data from the Brake Controller in order to make the decision if the top should be moved. Additionally, the BCM operates the wing motor based on data from the Brake Controller as well. The fact that the top AND wing are not happy are a red flag that has nothing to do with any switch on the wing OR top.

Clearly, you have a problem in the Brake Controller. In order to know which way to go next, we must first know:

A) If this is a manual or automatic?
B) If it is an automatic, do you have trouble getting out of Park?
c) Does the speedometer work normally or is it dead or acting "funny"?

The answers to these three questions will tell us what direction to go from here. The possibles are: Bad BCM, Bad RCM, Bad Brake Controller, CAN BUS failure, or blown fuse.
The suspect fuses are all in the underhood fuse box on the driver's side. These fuses include those for ABS/Traction Control or for the BCM.
Thank you for the response !
1. It’s a Manual
3. Speed, RPM, fuel, temp gauges are working.

I still need to find a replacement for the up/down switch at the wing as the metal and blue white micro button fell off while manually pressing
it. If I can find a replacement I’ve read it can be glued in place would probably use 5200 adhesive for that.

but please continue on what this problem could be very appreciative thank you!

Old 03-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

I doubt it is the issue, but I'd order a new RCM or send yours to DJ for reworking.

If that does not fix it, it's the battery, BCM, wheel speed sensor or Brake Controller. It's really hard to say without driving the car and looking things over.

MDKEEHN13 (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 10:59 AM

I doubt it is the issue, but I'd order a new RCM or send yours to DJ for reworking.

If that does not fix it, it's the battery, BCM, wheel speed sensor or Brake Controller. It's really hard to say without driving the car and looking things over.
computer control relay fixed all issues, but I had tinkered with the spoiler switches so now I have to plug in spoiler to get top to come up and down but unplug while driving to keep spoiler from auto lifting and not coming down. Working on finding a replacement for those switches on the spoiler.

but yes the Computer Control relay fixed everything. Took like 45 seconds to unplug and plug in.

https://www.rockauto.com/?carcode=1437545&parttype=3188

Old 03-19-2024, 02:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Pizzaguy,

when you say BRAKE CONTROLLER. Is that the same a BRAKE SWITCH for our XF'S?
thanks

Old 03-19-2024, 04:22 PM

A new RCM fixed all the issues except it didn't. Hmmmm!

Old 03-20-2024, 01:58 PM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by MDKEEHN13
Pizzaguy,

when you say BRAKE CONTROLLER. Is that the same a BRAKE SWITCH for our XF'S?
thanks
To answer your Question. No, the Brake Controller is under the hood, driver side forward of the brake booster. It has on top steel brake lines that route to each wheel. It controls the anti-lock brake system. The brake switch is under the dash near the top of the brake pedal.

MDKEEHN13 (03-20-2024)

Quick Reply: Spoiler microswitch part number