Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Time to say Good-Bye

Old 06-20-2007, 05:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to say Good-Bye

A sad note on my part. I have just traded in my 2004 Crossfire on a Mini-Cooper S Convertible. I will miss this forum as I think it was the best in information and humor. A few notes on the car, the service was terrible, the car was great. Lack of if, any performance parts. But the car was great.
I will now have 2 Minis, one supercharged and one turbo. They are a blast to drive. Service Dept has been the best I've seen in a long time. And there is a bunch of performance parts for the Minis out there. I will not give up my membership to this forum as I may actually at some point look for an SRT Xfire but for now, Thanks and see ya on the boards every once and awhile.
For those of you who want some numbers, I got $16,000 for the xfire with only 5,057 miles on it. Northeast pricing I guess.

Anybody looking for a car cover and luggage?

Thanks for all your help over the last couple of years.
Carl

Old 06-20-2007, 05:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Time to say Good-Bye

Enjoy your new car and keep coming back to the forum. No matter what we drive we can all still be internet friends here.Hopefully you will find an SRT6 as I did.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:27 AM
RPM

Enjoy your Minis.
Take care.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Did you trade it in? That is ridiculous for this car with that mileage. I have 25k now because of a job I have which makes me drive 120 miles a day but I think that the market for these is because everyone knows the service departments at Chrysler are total crap. And I mean TOTAL!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:28 AM

Congrats on your new Mini. I can't get over the trade in price though. 16K for 5K mile car...

Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take care buddy and enjoy your Mini's. Yes please do stay on as a member, we'll enjoy hearing of you exploits in those little monsters.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by cross1
A few notes on the car, the service was terrible, the car was great. Lack of if, any performance parts. But the car was great.
Exactly right. Very sorry to see you go. Please do drop by when you can and let us know your thoughts on the new S.
And thanks for the wise words.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:47 PM

Thanks to all, for your responses. I know there was some PM on the luggage and the car cover.
The luggage is still in it's original box and the car cover is made to withstand a Northeast winter, some super soft microfiber and water tight fabric. Both Items are in excellent condition. I am not trying to boost any prices, and I truly don't want a auction situation. My Crossfire goes tomorrow night. Once I get home with the new Mini I will come up with a price and list it. It will be fair I promise. If I have a bunch of People (I already got the PM's). I'll do a lottery number thing...say pick a number from 1 to 20 the closest number will win...If that's cool with you Guys & Gals.

Again, Thanks to all. This is a great Forum.
Carl

Old 06-21-2007, 03:11 PM

You can check out the car cover at carcovers.com. I got the one that was $180... I just went and checked my amex bill
and it said $200, so I'm assuming that included shipping at the time.

Carl

Old 06-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Did you trade it in? That is ridiculous for this car with that mileage. I have 25k now because of a job I have which makes me drive 120 miles a day but I think that the market for these is because everyone knows the service departments at Chrysler are total crap. And I mean TOTAL!

HEAR HEAR !!!

I tried to set up an appointment with Hayes in Gainesville, GA today to have the P0400 diagnosed. I expect it to need an EGR valve.

They expect you to leave the car ALL DAY for the diagnosis, and IF they can get the part overnight, they expect you to leave the car for most of a second day.

I expected them to say I could bring it in for a diagnosis, then return when the part came in, but no - everything is "all day" with them. They offer shuttle service, but it does me no good as I live outside their "shuttle range".

Oh well, it's out of warranty - so I'm going to enlist the aid of a local garage I trust. I think I'll just order an EGR valve solenoid assembly and go from there.

Might even put the damn thing on myself.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy

HEAR HEAR !!!

I tried to set up an appointment with Hayes in Gainesville, GA today to have the P0400 diagnosed. I expect it to need an EGR valve.

They expect you to leave the car ALL DAY for the diagnosis, and IF they can get the part overnight, they expect you to leave the car for most of a second day.

I expected them to say I could bring it in for a diagnosis, then return when the part came in, but no - everything is "all day" with them. They offer shuttle service, but it does me no good as I live outside their "shuttle range"..
How else do you expect them to road test and make sure the problem is resolved? And of course make sure the top functions properly... Any drive in movies in your area.. you know.. the cool down and test again method!

Old 06-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
How else do you expect them to road test and make sure the problem is resolved? And of course make sure the top functions properly... Any drive in movies in your area.. you know.. the cool down and test again method!
This thread is five years old, talk about a long good bye.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
This thread is five years old, talk about a long good bye.
Blame it on Jen.. she dug it up.. and now we know where that country song came from!