Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

accessory questions

Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question accessory questions

Maybe every person knows this and I am just too new to the car... what the heck are those little black "handle" things between the seats (above the little pocket)? And while I am asking does anyone know what the strap on the back of the passenger head rest? The manual says nothing and I was recently at a dealer and they knew nothing, if they are not for something why are they in my car??? Just a curious owner...

Old 07-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: accessory questions

some members may convince you this is to mount your assault rifle by the strap for those just in case situations ... but then again they proudly used the cup holder for the same purpose in the past ...

i use it to hang my umbrella and many have mentioned that as their intended use as well.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:44 PM

The clips are for umbrellas, some guys use them to hang hats. The strap behind the passenger sit is for a child sit.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:51 PM

Wow, I learn new things every day. I have had a child in my car and after all the excitement I don't think I will have another, my ears hurt from the squealing... as far as the umbrella holder idea, I do not carry an umbrella which would be the reason I would not have thought of that, and they are cheap clips, not conducive to my assault rife and I do not wear hats... I think mine clips are coming out! Thanks for the information... I am sure I will have other questions!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Forum Regular

I clip a baseball hat to the clips (umbrella clips) between the seats...for the other thing, the strap on the passenger seat...I once strapped something to that...it didn't last...strap and rivets came out. Not sure the intended purpose, but my purpose didn't work...not divulging what that purpose was though...

Old 07-17-2007, 09:03 PM

You can also use them to hang those car scent things, whatever you call them.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 AM

I think they are there to show D/C provided us extra useless cargo holding capabilities that the car just doesn't have. I put a mini-mag flashlight in the cargo net on the inboard side of the passenger's leg and it rattles around a little. Other than the door nets, which suck when pulling a map out of them because the corners of the map stick and get stuck...I guess GPS NAV is in my future...Not much good storage space in our cars. I use the "Wedgie" from AutoZone for a cupholder and most of my passengers are of the petite sort and it does not bother them. I had a large Canadian male friend of mine use the pax seat and I had to throw the Wedgie in the hatch area to accommodate him... There isn't much stowage space in our cars.

Dave

Old 07-18-2007, 12:17 PM

Thus a SPORTS CAR, you just have to be a good sport.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:29 PM

I'd have to say all this is quite amusing! I actually got sold on the crossfire because our large dog actually fits in the trunk and we have a built in dog guard. Compared to all the others it's size it actually has quite a bit of storage room... There isn't much room for all that extra crap I used to haul around in my huge suv... but you know what I LOVE having a cleaner car, less room = less crap = easier to clean! It works in our house hold...for now but it is fun to see all the different views on our little cars!

Old 07-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 14 year old dog loves riding in the back. She is a mutt around 40 pound and can still jump in without touching the car. Lots of nose smears on the back window and the rear carpet is permanently meshed with dog hair.