Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

My official goodbye...

Old 07-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My official goodbye...

Well yesterday was a bittersweet day, as I returned my crossfire to Alhambra Jeep, Chrysler, and Dodge. The parting was so instant, that I didn't even really feel like I had a chance to say goodbye to my crossfire. I'm happy to be moving on to another vehicle, and strangely I am more distraught to leave my beloved crossfire community behind.

I had $380 in charges that were waved due to the fact I am 25,000 miles under my allowed mileage. Me and my girlfriend took a drive out to Palm Springs last weekend to celebrate our anniversary, which was also a nice way to say goodbye to the crossfire, the right way, the way the car was intended to be driven, at high speeds with no stress or drama. I was doing 90 mph for a good long time (there is NO traffic out that way, the traffic flows at 80+ in the slow lane). The crossfire was as comfortable at up to 100 mph just cruising along, like we were going 40 mph.

It was the most fun car I have ever had, great grip in the turns, just always a little disappointing when I put the hammer down. It was also great out on the track where I had more fun than I have ever had in my life (well, besides special time with the ladies I guess). It is a car I will never forget and I got the chance to meet a bunch of cool people in person and over the internet.

I will continue to post on occasion and hopefully derek will let me hang out with him at the track still even though I will be in my 240sx. But even as such, I want to give a special shout out to my crossfire buddies, Hernan, Jody, Derek, FP, intenseblu, and Bullseye (on occasion, lol). It was great getting to know you guys over the internet and in person in some cases. To all my other buddies, sorry if i didn't mention you, but thanks for all your input and the conversations we have had over the past three and a half years.

I'm going to be leasing a grand cherokee 4x4 with the 4.7 liter v8, the same car I had before the crossfire, because now that I have the 240sx I won't be as depressed driving an suv now. I have two huge dogs (both lab/pit mixes) and really just need space to take them up to the river in Azusa, they have been cooped up in the back yard way too long, plus, I will be able to tow the 240 with the jeep, and I am trying to get it in a matching color.

I guess I should also give a shout out to the guys at speedinnovations, even though there is a lot of drama going on there, but they did give me a free ECU mod and a free dyno that has contributed to all the members on this forum, and I believe it was the first real dyno sheet from a modified ecu crossfire.

Also to the guy who gave me my free blacked out taillights, I don't know what happened to him after he put them on my car, I vouched for him, but he never posted again. Hopefully he sees this though, he put about an hour of work into it and didn't charge me anything. As you can see, the crossfire showed me how to get things for free (blacked out tail lights, ecu and dyno), to which I will always be grateful, lol.

So goodbye guys, it was great getting to know you AND my car over the past three and a half years, I really hope the aftermarket picks up for you guys in the future. I tried to make the hotshot headers thing fall through, with a lot of effort, but it never did, but if you guys keep bugging them they might do it. Good luck in everything and I wish the best for everyone in this forum. Bye!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: My official goodbye...

Mike, we all new this was coming when you told us of your decision to return your car after the lease, but you still think the day will never come. Sorry to see you go, but congrats on being part of the experience of owning the XF, and thanks for being a contributing member of this forum.
Good luck, and don't be a stranger.

Last edited by FP; 07-19-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoy your new jeep and keep in touch. Thanks for your contribution to the X-Fire experience!

Old 07-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Mike,

Take care! I hope to see you at the track next year to cheer HDDP and me on!

Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Mike,

Take care! I hope to see you at the track next year to cheer HDDP and me on!
I'll be there to cheer you on, but i will also be driving the car below.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
240sxsigpic.jpg (19.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 07-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x'ed, I learned things from you about my car and that, among many other things I have learned from other CrossfireForum.org member experts, is why I joined this forum. I feel sad that you are going away now because I have perused many of the ancient texts and found you to be of much XFire wisdom. I wish you much happiness on your new pursuit; just remember the pursuit of happiness is guaranteed in the USA, the end of the pursuit is up to you...Good luck on the new car!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 01:51 AM

I can certainly echo those sentiments. You made major contributions to this forum over the years and helped to make it the wonderful and engaging source that it is today. We will miss your wit and your insights and wish you only the best of luck with your new rides. Drop by anytime and let us know how you're doing!

Old 07-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Forum Regular

X'ed, it was nice knowing you. Good luck to you!!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 AM
Forum Regular

mike... hey man, glad to have met ya. remember we still got that $50 credit with NASA so put that to good use. :-)

anyway, see ya around... online or hopefully at the track...

Last edited by srt6_crossfire; 08-24-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: My official goodbye...

Enjoy your new ride and keep in touch!!!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:05 PM

It is unfortunate that you will be losing a nicely tuned Xfire, by SI!

Someone... I'm sure will be the benefactor of this XFire!

Take care, and may all your adventures be pleasant and fruitful.

XFH

Old 07-22-2007, 01:28 AM

Sorry to see ya go, but alas, so did I.
But , you were instrumental is some very useful and funny quotes on this board. I for one will continue to come back here. (Just in case I find the perfect used! SRT).

Good Luck,
Mike

Old 07-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by x'ed
Well yesterday was a bittersweet day, as I returned my crossfire to Alhambra Jeep, Chrysler, and Dodge. The parting was so instant, that I didn't even really feel like I had a chance to say goodbye to my crossfire. I'm happy to be moving on to another vehicle, and strangely I am more distraught to leave my beloved crossfire community behind.

I had $380 in charges that were waved due to the fact I am 25,000 miles under my allowed mileage. Me and my girlfriend took a drive out to Palm Springs last weekend to celebrate our anniversary, which was also a nice way to say goodbye to the crossfire, the right way, the way the car was intended to be driven, at high speeds with no stress or drama. I was doing 90 mph for a good long time (there is NO traffic out that way, the traffic flows at 80+ in the slow lane). The crossfire was as comfortable at up to 100 mph just cruising along, like we were going 40 mph.

It was the most fun car I have ever had, great grip in the turns, just always a little disappointing when I put the hammer down. It was also great out on the track where I had more fun than I have ever had in my life (well, besides special time with the ladies I guess). It is a car I will never forget and I got the chance to meet a bunch of cool people in person and over the internet.

I will continue to post on occasion and hopefully derek will let me hang out with him at the track still even though I will be in my 240sx. But even as such, I want to give a special shout out to my crossfire buddies, Hernan, Jody, Derek, FP, intenseblu, and Bullseye (on occasion, lol). It was great getting to know you guys over the internet and in person in some cases. To all my other buddies, sorry if i didn't mention you, but thanks for all your input and the conversations we have had over the past three and a half years.

I'm going to be leasing a grand cherokee 4x4 with the 4.7 liter v8, the same car I had before the crossfire, because now that I have the 240sx I won't be as depressed driving an suv now. I have two huge dogs (both lab/pit mixes) and really just need space to take them up to the river in Azusa, they have been cooped up in the back yard way too long, plus, I will be able to tow the 240 with the jeep, and I am trying to get it in a matching color.

I guess I should also give a shout out to the guys at speedinnovations, even though there is a lot of drama going on there, but they did give me a free ECU mod and a free dyno that has contributed to all the members on this forum, and I believe it was the first real dyno sheet from a modified ecu crossfire.

Also to the guy who gave me my free blacked out taillights, I don't know what happened to him after he put them on my car, I vouched for him, but he never posted again. Hopefully he sees this though, he put about an hour of work into it and didn't charge me anything. As you can see, the crossfire showed me how to get things for free (blacked out tail lights, ecu and dyno), to which I will always be grateful, lol.

So goodbye guys, it was great getting to know you AND my car over the past three and a half years, I really hope the aftermarket picks up for you guys in the future. I tried to make the hotshot headers thing fall through, with a lot of effort, but it never did, but if you guys keep bugging them they might do it. Good luck in everything and I wish the best for everyone in this forum. Bye!!!
Hope to see you at the track again...