Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

High Performance Driving Magazine

Old 08-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Performance Driving Magazine

I was out and about today doing some errands when I stopped at a 7/11 for a soda. As I'm walking by the magazine rack I see this stack of something that I've never seen before. It's a new mag called High Performance Driving. It talks all about road course driving. It references the HPDE courses and talks about many different parts of how to drive better.
I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this new publication yet. It also came with a video put out by www.hookedondriving.com.
Everything that I've read so far has been very good and easy to understand. They also have a section on how to practice alot of these techniques on the street in everyday situations. And yes, they only suggest that you practice these tips in a slow and safe way. It seems more like trying to retraining yourself on how to drive.

Opinions, comments?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: High Performance Driving Magazine

Most everyday drivers have some extremely bad habits. Driving in an HPDE class will make you think a little differently than your average joe.

Things like looking ahead (yes, believe it or not people don't do this), keeping both hands on the wheel at 3 and 9 O'clock (as much as we can that is), checking your mirrors, oh yeah, and knowing more about WHERE your car really is than guessing (tire position in relation to the road you are on).

All of these things seem very elementary, until you see someone driving with their cell phone buried in the side of their head while looking DOWN for something with only a finger on the wheel... or better yet... (I saw this today) a person with their arm resting on the door near the base of the window with their head held up by their hand... looking well... about to fall asleep.

I have not see this magazine, but if you are truly 'hooked on driving' you should try to make it to an HPDE session in your area with NASA.

Cheers!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: High Performance Driving Magazine

I bought it at Barnes & Noble the other day, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I looks pretty good...