Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Climate Control Revelations

Old 09-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control Revelations

Upon reading the TSBs generously posted in the gallery, I discovered the temperature wheels adjust the cabin temp and not the temp of the air coming out of the vents. Perhaps that's old news to you, but it sure explained a lot to me. Small adjustments are best. Set the ***** until you get to the cabin temp you like and leave it alone. Am I to assume the system will do what's necessary to maintain it? Time will tell.

But I do agree with other posts that having degree readouts instead of colored dots makes more sense.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Default Re: Climate Control Revelations

That's news to me, too. Interesting...but isn't that what the air coming from the vents does as well? Curious.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by AimeeJ
That's news to me, too. Interesting...but isn't that what the air coming from the vents does as well? Curious.
Yes, but I noticed the temperature of the air coming out the vents was hard to modulate with the wheels. There must be a sensor on both sides of the interior that would call for more hot/cool air as needed to maintain a set cabin temp. But I just discovered this info. Must have missed it in the manual.

I'll be paying attention to it now.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI, I did a little un-scientific testing and the white dot, when set to the center part of the wheel equates to about 74 degrees F. I found that I can leave mine set on the first blue dot year 'round and the cabin temp is just about perfect for me.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:38 PM

Does this mean you turn on your air conditioner/heater, and then pick a dot, and it will always stay that temp once the car has been running? Do they have to be synchronized? Lol I have to admit the set-up is weird to me.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AimeeJ
Does this mean you turn on your air conditioner/heater, and then pick a dot, and it will always stay that temp once the car has been running? Do they have to be synchronized? Lol I have to admit the set-up is weird to me.
Aimee, it's a dual-zone system so driver and passenger can each adjust the temp in their part of the cabin to their liking. I usually keep them synchronized since I'm usually the only one in the car but they don't have to be. I usually keep the A/C turned on when the temp is over 80. Anything under that and it stays off to save gas unless its really humid. In the winter, I switch the vent selector from "Face" (the sideways arrow) to "Face/Feet" (sideways/down arrows).