Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

crossfire certified technician?

Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crossfire certified technician?

Is only crossfire certified technician ... allowed to work on the crossfire...?

Old 10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: crossfire certified technician?

Depends on what you mean by work on. We only have SRT / Crossfire mechanics do anything, including oil changes. I don't know for sure, but it should all fall into the same rules as other vehicles. If you have a Cummins Diesel, and you want warranty work done, it has to be done by a qualified Tech at a qualified dealership. Same would go for SRT models, and Crossfires. Chrysler won't pay the dealership if they aren't set up. All dealership employees also have an ID # from Chrysler, so it all gets tracked.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by todk64
Depends on what you mean by work on. We only have SRT / Crossfire mechanics do anything, including oil changes. I don't know for sure, but it should all fall into the same rules as other vehicles. If you have a Cummins Diesel, and you want warranty work done, it has to be done by a qualified Tech at a qualified dealership. Same would go for SRT models, and Crossfires. Chrysler won't pay the dealership if they aren't set up. All dealership employees also have an ID # from Chrysler, so it all gets tracked.
I do not know if you have read my last 2 post detailing what I have been going through with my crossfire over the last couple of weeks...

I feel as if the Chrysler dealership does Not have anyone whom knows anything about the Crossfire... So they would rather me spend thousands of dollars ... then try to locate the issue... I never had one issue with my car until... 2 weeks ago I left my lights on overnight.. battery went dead... which is normal... Chrysler sends road side service to boost me... and this nightmare began...

It should not cost someone $3k in new parts cuz they left there lights on overnight!!

Please read these 2 post and let me know what you think... Thank You...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=18608

Last edited by Extensive; 10-16-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Forum Regular

That all depends on the dealership. I had a tech working on my car who admittedly said that he hasn't worked on many. At the time I was trying to get the SRT's intercooler water pump failure diagnosed. He then told me that he was going to have a fleet tech (the ones who work on the Sprinters) take a look at it since they have an intercooler too. No matter what I said they wouldn't listen to me. I finally printed out several forum posts with the issue and gave them to the service writer. That seemed to do the trick.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is absolutely no guarantee that the work preformed on your car at the dealership will be done by a certified Crossfire trained technician even if the dealership has one. Also, there is no guarantee that the work will be preformed to the specifications in the service manual. I have fell victim to both of these scenarios from the dealership where I bought my car. Anytime you take your car to the dealership you need to find out who is working on your car and if you can't stay with it observe the work being done (which is most often the case) so you need to double check it yourself. I have found the wrong oil put in the car, over torqued or under torqued bolts and seen the wrong tools used to tightened bolts, remove door panels and weather striping. Dealerships are just like any other service providers, there are good ones and there are bad ones you just can't go on blind faith you need to check them out yourself and make sure they do the work they say they will and that they do it right.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:29 AM

Dealerships will put anyone on the payroll to work on any car. The Five Star designation means nothing. As the Crossfire fades away there will be fewer and fewer "mechanics" who have worked on them. Future repairs will be a new "learning experience" for the next "mechanic". Sorry to say this but Daimler-Chrysler should have never created the Crossfire and sold it through Chrysler dealers.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Forum Regular

Hey Swellclub,
You got my attention on that one. 5-Star is huge. Do Not think for a minute that it isn't. In its basic form, 5-Star is a process by which your dealership does business. These are followed up on in Service, Sales, New Car check in, delivery, and follow up.
Again, if I don't have a Crossfire certified mechanic do warranty work, Chrysler won't pay the dealership. That wouldn't be very smart now, would it? If I wasn't a 5-Star dealer I couldn't purchase certain vehicles from the closed Chrysler Sale. I also couldn't place cars into the Certified Pre-Owned program.

We were founded in 1962 and have been in the same location and owned by the same family. I can't speak for other dealers, but I know how we do business.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by msheredy
That all depends on the dealership. I had a tech working on my car who admittedly said that he hasn't worked on many. At the time I was trying to get the SRT's intercooler water pump failure diagnosed. He then told me that he was going to have a fleet tech (the ones who work on the Sprinters) take a look at it since they have an intercooler too. No matter what I said they wouldn't listen to me. I finally printed out several forum posts with the issue and gave them to the service writer. That seemed to do the trick.
Tamiami Chrysler in Miami has certified techs, but they are not SRT Crossfire CT's. The techs do sign off on the work that they do with their employee number. I had to do the same for the IC problem with the forum printouts and finally got my car to show the Sluggish acceleration with the service manager in the car. He had no clue what was wrong and had to call Chrysler to get the ok. I told him to order two. He didn't , but When I took my daughter's XF in, it was repaired with a new IC pump and temp sensor in two days.

PS The sales rep told me they getting in some 2008's. INTERESTING!

Last edited by RMADERMAN; 10-18-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SWELLCLUB
Future repairs will be a new "learning experience" for the next "mechanic". Sorry to say this but Daimler-Chrysler should have never created the Crossfire and sold it through Chrysler dealers.
I agree in part with you. The Crossfire should have been built, but sold and serviced by MB as an entry level car...