Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Really Need All Members To Ready This!!

Old 10-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really Need All Members To Ready This!! " HELP " :(

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=18454 This was the first post... PLS READ!!

This is my follow up... PLS READ.

My car has been at Chrysler for 3 days... and they only had a chance to look at it last min this afternoon cuz I blasted them that I needed it for the weekend... I get a call that its ready about 1hr after I blasted them..

Get to the dealer and have a bill for $217 for re-programming the computer... and I see a note that says...

"client has been informed that we think its an issue with his computer and modular and if this issue happens again, Modular, Keys, Computer will all have to be changed at a cost of approx $3,000" (Once again they figured all this out in 1 hr).

I start blasting the service guy... he is like your car is working fine now don't worry about it... But we think when you boosted your car the high volts could have zapped the modular ... I am like really... Chrysler Road side assitance boosted my car... How is this MY FAULT... any ways I pay the $217 walk to my car and it starts and stalls again... and then would Not start again...

Walk back into the service ask for the manager explain him whats going on, he said sorry everyone is gone for the day, did not offer me a loaner seeing as they made me cab in traffic from work ... and now 6 pm no car for the entire weekend... he throws in yeah Monday we might have to change everything could run you $2,500 - $3,000 !!

I flipped, and left saying you had the car for 3 days... and only worked on the car last Min for one hour cuz I called yelling... Please Understand.. You keep it as long as you need to next week ... But UNDERSTAND there is NOT A CHANCE of me spending $3,000k which I can Not afford!! He gave me a face like "he could careless".

NEED HELP... I THINK THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO FIX IT AND EASY FIX IS CHANGING EVERYTHING AT MY EXPENSE, BABY ON THE WAY I REALLY CAN'T AFFORD $3K IN THE GARBAGE RIGHT NOW!!!

What's worse this is a lease that ends in 8 months... So its really throwing money in the Garbage!

Last edited by Extensive; 10-12-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Default Re: Really Need All Members To Ready This!!

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'm waiting for a new differential (covered under warranty) and when I take it in for this I will be escalating my "intermittent no starting" problem. First to the Service Manager, then District Service Manager, the Chrysler Service Manager in Detroit if necessary. I will not stand a condition where I'm afraid to take my car anywhere because it may not start when I get to my destination. Even the guy at my local Goodyear store who takes care of me for tires, oil changes, etc. tells me it is a totally unacceptable situation and I should really be escalating this with Chrysler.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fenwick223
Sorry to hear about your experience. I'm waiting for a new differential (covered under warranty) and when I take it in for this I will be escalating my "intermittent no starting" problem. First to the Service Manager, then District Service Manager, the Chrysler Service Manager in Detroit if necessary. I will not stand a condition where I'm afraid to take my car anywhere because it may not start when I get to my destination. Even the guy at my local Goodyear store who takes care of me for tires, oil changes, etc. tells me it is a totally unacceptable situation and I should really be escalating this with Chrysler.
Does anyone know whom would be the best person to contact within Canada to fight for it to be covered in the event that the computer is the problem? I have a lawyer friend that can raise some hell, but I know calling the 1-800 customer service number is Not going to help... I need a someone high up to listen to my story and call the dealer and say "cover it".

Old 10-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel for you man, sounds like dire straits. What I would do is look in the phone book for a PRIVATE Mercedes Benz certified service shop, or worst case a benz dealer (though they will probably refuse to help you). A certified Mercedes technician will certainly know more about the engine than will Chrysler mechanics. Or another approach is to call a Mercedes dealer pretending you have an "SLK" and explain your problem... see what they say. The engine is identical and so are the electrical. GOOD LUCK!

Old 10-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Default Re: Really Need All Members To Ready This!! " HELP " :(

Originally Posted by Extensive
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=18454 This was the first post... PLS READ!!

This is my follow up... PLS READ.

My car has been at Chrysler for 3 days... and they only had a chance to look at it last min this afternoon cuz I blasted them that I needed it for the weekend... I get a call that its ready about 1hr after I blasted them..

Get to the dealer and have a bill for $217 for re-programming the computer... and I see a note that says...

"client has been informed that we think its an issue with his computer and modular and if this issue happens again, Modular, Keys, Computer will all have to be changed at a cost of approx $3,000" (Once again they figured all this out in 1 hr).

I start blasting the service guy... he is like your car is working fine now don't worry about it... But we think when you boosted your car the high volts could have zapped the modular ... I am like really... Chrysler Road side assitance boosted my car... How is this MY FAULT... any ways I pay the $217 walk to my car and it starts and stalls again... and then would Not start again...

Walk back into the service ask for the manager explain him whats going on, he said sorry everyone is gone for the day, did not offer me a loaner seeing as they made me cab in traffic from work ... and now 6 pm no car for the entire weekend... he throws in yeah Monday we might have to change everything could run you $2,500 - $3,000 !!

I flipped, and left saying you had the car for 3 days... and only worked on the car last Min for one hour cuz I called yelling... Please Understand.. You keep it as long as you need to next week ... But UNDERSTAND there is NOT A CHANCE of me spending $3,000k which I can Not afford!! He gave me a face like "he could careless".

NEED HELP... I THINK THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO FIX IT AND EASY FIX IS CHANGING EVERYTHING AT MY EXPENSE, BABY ON THE WAY I REALLY CAN'T AFFORD $3K IN THE GARBAGE RIGHT NOW!!!

What's worse this is a lease that ends in 8 months... So its really throwing money in the Garbage!
A leased auto is under warranty so I don't understand what you are saying. Are you still mad? Very unproductive.

RP

Old 10-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A leased auto is under warranty as long as he is within the warranty limits. If the car is over 36000 miles, he's out of warranty.
Extensive and Fenwick you are correct its not acceptable. We have an issue with a Mercedes we bought used a few weeks back and if its not fixed on Tuesday we are going to get ugly with Mercedes. Extensive # days and they just looked at your car? Too bad you can't move it to another dealer. How many miles on these cars guys?

Pat

Old 10-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahhh... Welcome to the world of Chrysler Five-Finger service. Unfortunately this kind of dealer behavior seems to be the norm rather than the exception. A few things to ponder...
  • Yelling at the service staff will get you nowhere. You're not at a M-B dealer, so don't expect them to treat you like you're at one. These guys could really care less because they hate Crossfires and their owners. They're always so picky!
  • You're more likely to get some results if you suck it up and be nice. Remember, you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
  • The Crossfire is a "dead" car to most dealers, since nobody there really knows how to work on them and the merger with Daimler-Benz is now kaput. They would just as soon not see you return.
  • You will most likely be better off finding an independent M-B shop or a M-B dealer to work on your car. They won't do warranty work, but you will most likely get your car fixed right the first time. MB of Richmond has welcomed me with open arms every time I've stopped in.
  • Crossfire-friendly dealers are few and far between. Make liberal use of this forum to find one near you. Personally I have had good luck with Pence Chrysler in Ashland, VA. It's about 30 miles out of my way but worth the drive IMHO. If you're close, give them a try.
I don't want to sound too negative because the Crossfire is a really cool (and for the most part, reliable) car. Despite the some of the drawbacks with getting service I have no regrets owning one. I've had mine since Aug of '05, and two years and 50,000 miles later it still makes me smile every time I get in.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your dealer will do the right thing...

Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This happened to me too! My car won't start after I parked it while I was in Dallas. It happened at night and I was ready to have it towed after we tried to jump start it but failed. I noticed that the headlights worked okay which means it's not the car battery. My friend drove me to Radioshack and we bought a battery for the keyfob and voila...the car starts perfectly!

Check your keyfob battery first when your car fails to start.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by phyrephlyte
A leased auto is under warranty so I don't understand what you are saying. Are you still mad? Very unproductive.

RP
My car was leased New in '04 the lease has nothing to do with the warranty.

It was a 4 yr lease with only a standard 3 year chrysler bumper to bumper warranty which has just ended a few months ago... For the last months of my lease I was told I just have powertrain...

If It was covered under warranty No I would Not be mad!!

But when its Not and its about to cost me $3,000. Of course I am! " Very unproductive " is you making a statement when you clearly have No idea what you are talking about!!

Old 10-13-2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by patpur
A leased auto is under warranty as long as he is within the warranty limits. If the car is over 36,000 miles, he's out of warranty.
Extensive and Fenwick you are correct its not acceptable. We have an issue with a Mercedes we bought used a few weeks back and if its not fixed on Tuesday we are going to get ugly with Mercedes. Extensive # days and they just looked at your car? Too bad you can't move it to another dealer. How many miles on these cars guys?

Pat
I am passed 3 yrs but I am Not over 36,000 miles... I only have 30,000 miles on the car!! But they are saying is still not covered!

Old 10-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I had to spend $3,000 for a lease I'd be mad to. Heck I'd be tempted to trade it in and eat it on the next car. Especially to see how well Chrysler would treat you on a trade. I would try a junk yard or hit the internet for auto salvage parts you need. Also if your payment is more than $375 mo for the next 8 mos = $3,000, then trading it in may not be so bad of an idea.

Cruzinquick

Last edited by cruzinquick; 10-13-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:54 PM

My car was leased New in '04 the lease has nothing to do with the warranty.

It was a 4 yr lease with only a standard 3 year chrysler bumper to bumper warranty which has just ended a few months ago... For the last months of my lease I was told I just have powertrain...

If It was covered under warranty No I would Not be mad!!

But when its Not and its about to cost me $3,000. Of course I am! " Very unproductive " is you making a statement when you clearly have No idea what you are talking about!!
My only reason to ever lease was to avoid the cost of ownership. I would not have entered into conflicting contracts on a car.

Good luck,
RP

Old 10-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As others have suggested, take it to a Mercedes shop. This problem is over the heads of your Chrysler dealer. Unfortunately, the Mercedes shop probably won't be cheap either.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
If I had to spend $3,000 for a lease I'd be mad to. Heck I'd be tempted to trade it in and eat it on the next car. Especially to see how well Chrysler would treat you on a trade. I would try a junk yard or hit the internet for auto salvage parts you need. Also if your payment is more than $375 mo for the next 8 mos = $3,000. then trading it in may not be so bad of an idea.
Cruzinquick
The only company I can trade in with and brake my lease is with chrysler... and they are not going to take a trade in on a car that won't drive...

Old 10-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Arrow Re: Really Need All Members To Ready This!!

Originally Posted by Cyril Baldwin
This happened to me too! My car won't start after I parked it while I was in Dallas. It happened at night and I was ready to have it towed after we tried to jump start it but failed. I noticed that the headlights worked okay which means it's not the car battery. My friend drove me to Radioshack and we bought a battery for the keyfob and voila...the car starts perfectly!

Check your keyfob battery first when your car fails to start.
YES! Try this first! If the key battery is dead the car will be unable to start/run... it's an anti theft device, so you can't start the car without the key.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:15 AM

Have replaced the batteries with new ones in both keys and when it's not starting, believe me it won't start. My XF is not my daily driver but for the past 10 days I've been trying to take it out every day. Starts perfectly for 5 days and then on the next day/evening it won't start. Then it starts perfectly for the next few days and then the next time it won't start. It is beyond annoying. I have been forced to limit my driving to giving my kids a ride and dropping them off and returning home, daytime driving, staying close to home, etc. I can't go on long trips or take it when I have a lot of stops to make because I do not want to be stranded somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my XF and when it's running it runs GREAT. It's just that I never know when it's not going to start. Today I'm meeting a friend and heading out to the country; a perfect day to take the XF but I can't/won't. If it doesn't start when I try to return I am screwed! And if I have it towed to the dealer, they will get in it in the morning and it will start right up. "We don't see any problem..." Grrrr...

Old 10-14-2007, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fenwick223
Have replaced the batteries with new ones in both keys and when it's not starting, believe me it won't start. My XF is not my daily driver but for the past 10 days I've been trying to take it out every day. Starts perfectly for 5 days and then on the next day/evening it won't start. Then it starts perfectly for the next few days and then the next time it won't start. It is beyond annoying. I have been forced to limit my driving to giving my kids a ride and dropping them off and returning home, daytime driving, staying close to home, etc. I can't go on long trips or take it when I have a lot of stops to make because I do not want to be stranded somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my XF and when it's running it runs GREAT. It's just that I never know when it's not going to start. Today I'm meeting a friend and heading out to the country; a perfect day to take the XF but I can't/won't. If it doesn't start when I try to return I am screwed! And if I have it towed to the dealer, they will get in it in the morning and it will start right up. "We don't see any problem..." Grrrr...
Seeing that you’re from Maryland which dealer did you go to? That would make all the difference in the world!

Old 10-14-2007, 02:34 PM

My dealer is closed today... but I am on my way there to see if my car will start with the new battery's I have just purchased for the kep fob's...

I read all about the key fob not allowing the car to start if the battery's are dead...

Well I noticed about 3 days before all this started that I had to walk right up to the vehicle in order to get the doors to lock or unlock... showing signs of a almost dead battery...

But I would have never put 2 and 2 together having not read those post!!

I might be driving home in my car tonight!!

My car came with 3 keys... the dealer has one ... I have 2 in my hands now with new battery's... is there any chance that they will have to be coded seeing as I put new battery's in them?

Old 10-14-2007, 03:48 PM

...is there any chance that they will have to be coded seeing as I put new battery's in them?
I don't believe so... but I guess you 'll have to let us know when you get back with the Crossfire.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 PM

I taken it to Darcars (formerly Courtesy) in Rockville and I've taken it to Koons in Tysons Corner. Koons has ordered the new rear differential (to get rid of that "humming" noise) which should be in this week (covered by warranty). I'm going to ask them to keep it a few extra days and hopefully it won't start for them. And to Extensive: I hope this issue is taken care of for you by some new batteries in the keys but don't count on it. There's another thread that been started about this "Mystery starting problem."

Last edited by Fenwick223; 10-14-2007 at 06:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Really Need All Members To Ready This!!