Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

how much is it worth?

Old 02-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default how much is it worth?

well guys im thinking about selling the xf... more than likely ill be buying a house within the year and im not seeing the xf in the garage and food still being on the table lol. so i was wondering what you guys thought it might be worth, kbb which is essentialy useless says that in stock config. as a base model with 12k miles its worth 22000 now to us thats different and remember i was one of thoose people who got screwed with the pricing, i bought mine right before they dropped the prices. so i still owe a chunk of money and i know im gonna lose in this deal but... house or car? well you can all see the car in my gallery i also have a bunch of mods im doing before the dragon and touching up on a couple things that were over looked or had some rough edges. well any guess would be nice or an idea about what i should ask for it. thanks for the help! oh and dont worry without it i have 2 other cars ill be hacking up lol.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how much is it worth?

I'm a newbie here, but I'll offer my opinion. I just paid 13.9 for a certified 2004, 28xxx miles in like new condition. That's from a dealer, so I would expect to pay at least 1k less for private party (more paperwork/risk involved.) Also, I tend to stay away from cars that have been heavily modified as it usually (not implying this is the case with yours) means the cars have also been driven hard. Just a guess, but I would say the average age of a xf owner is higher than the avg age of people who mod their vehicles in the manner you have (nice looking vehicle, btw), so the market for a modded xfire is probably quite a bit smaller than for a mint condition un-modified vehicle. The present state of the economy certainly doesn't help this situation, it is not a good time to be selling anything (buyers' market all around.) If I were you and I was serious about selling, I might consider restoring what you can to factory condition and selling off the high-end parts you remove, you might come out ahead that way. If debt-to-income is the problem regarding floating both the car and home loan, you might consider joining a good credit union and refinancing what you owe for a longer term (and perhaps lower rate) to lower the payment (and your DTI ratio.)

Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent advice, Brian. Further, if car must be sold, and you are seriously upside-down, you will have to lay out substantial cash. Not a pleasant thought. For used car values, best sources are ebay, autotrader, and cars.com.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 AM

04 XF with 12k miles is easily worth $15-17K, now with the slowing economy I would expect to get about $12-15K

Old 02-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is how I got the most out of mine when i did. I traded it in at a jag dealership that went right from KBB because they really didn't know what it was. I got close to 19k last summer with all the extras. Good luck but I have a feeling you are going to realize its cheaper to keep then it is to sell. Unless of coarse you are looking at kia's

Old 02-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Forum Regular

first off its gonna be after spring, cause im going to the dragon at least one more time and hopefully to carlisle as well, second changing it back to stock is near impossible and would more than likely make someone more skepticle about the vehicle, third i have the 100k mile fully transferable warranty which i hjust had my vehicle in for service on that warranty, no problems from them, last i dont currently own a home nor would i ever finance a vehicle for 30 years. last but certainly not least im not trading it in im getting rid of it im down from 4 cars to 3 and i have 1 i can never get rid of, and the other is my 07 silverado v8 4x4 thats lifted and goes anywhere unlike my xf. so thbis leaves my xf, im screwed on the car no matter what and id rather take the hit now and quickly recoup my losses rather than never get my house. i am a member of a credit union, they wont touch the car due to dc ruining all value, frankly i know im screwed, period. was just wondering what you might think its worth. oh and its an 06 not an 04.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take it to carmax they'll buy it even if you dont get one of there cars, its worth it cause they are like the wal-mart of car dealerships now

Old 02-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Forum Regular

i just died... yep no pulse