Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Replaced headlight bulbs, need help aligning now! They're pointing all over!

Old 02-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced headlight bulbs, need help aligning now! They're pointing all over!

I replaced my factory bulbs with the Super Silver Stars or something. But now they're off shooting into nowhere. Here is my poor attempt at relating the low beams to the high beams:

The biggest problem is that now they're shooting to the right. I reseated the bulbs 2 or 3 times and they keep seating back in the same place. Pointing right.

Can somebody give me pictures of where the left/right adjustments are? AND how the F to use them!? I think I found them, but I can't get them to move!

Thanks!!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Replaced headlight bulbs, need help aligning now! They're pointing all over!

Are you sure you have them seated correctly? If they were correct before, they shouldn't have changed as much as you stated. Make sure they are seated correctly. There is a false sense that they maybe seated right. Look at the socket and you can tell where it's suppose to go with the notch of the H7 bulb fitting properly only in one orientation.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Replaced headlight bulbs, need help aligning now! They're pointing all over!

Originally Posted by DanielNTX
Are you sure you have them seated correctly? If they were correct before, they shouldn't have changed as much as you stated. Make sure they are seated correctly. There is a false sense that they maybe seated right. Look at the socket and you can tell where it's suppose to go with the notch of the H7 bulb fitting properly only in one orientation.
~ agreed ...

i hope you didn't go turning the *****.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by andrew
~ agreed ...

i hope you didn't go turning the *****.
Um yeah, I've turned the heck out of those *****. up down up down, but never left to right.

I took the spring off both sides and tried to see if it could be seated better, and it was as good as it was going to get. The notch was in the right place & everything. That's why I was so confused.

When I first put them in, yeah, they were all over and not seated correctly. Then I redid them and they're seated pretty flush and straight in there.

The beams look pretty good against the garage wall. Bright spot in the middle. I think if they're not seated correctly, you may not get that bright focus spot?

Anyway, any advise, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by all_Bran
Um yeah, I've turned the heck out of those *****. up down up down, but never left to right.

I took the spring off both sides and tried to see if it could be seated better, and it was as good as it was going to get. The notch was in the right place & everything. That's why I was so confused.

When I first put them in, yeah, they were all over and not seated correctly. Then I redid them and they're seated pretty flush and straight in there.

The beams look pretty good against the garage wall. Bright spot in the middle. I think if they're not seated correctly, you may not get that bright focus spot?

Anyway, any advise, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Where are you located? Maybe you could ask another forum member to take a look-see?

Max

Old 02-25-2008, 06:14 PM

In Royal Oak MI. I'll make another thread if I don't get any takers in thsi one. Thanks! That's a great idea!!