Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New '04 Owner WA state

Old 03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New '04 Owner WA state

It was time to put the Miata to rest and get a fresh set of wheels. I was looking at the Rx8's, MR2's, 350Z...then I saw a graphite Crossfire Drive by and said to myself, first what the heck is that, and 2nd where do I get one. A week later and I now own one. What a fun ride! When inside it feels huge compared to the miata, then when you get out of it, it looks so tiny.

I have owned it 2 weeks, and have done things I have never done before to a car, I clay barred the car due to some white overspray that was on it when I bought it. In regards to that I do have a question. After Clay barring and waxing, should I be putting on a few more coats of wax soon to help "rebuild" up the protection? I also did the door speaker mod with the capacitor, sounds nice.

This is the first car that I have owned that is not a stick. However after 11 years of marriage my wife has still not learned how to drive a stick, so I had to give in. Now when she wants to head to the grocery store, the minivan will just not do, and off she goes in my baby...what did I get myself into, I now have to share.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Default Re: New 04 Owner WA state

You will find a lot of us Crossfire people owed Miatas.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New 04 Owner WA state

Welcome to the forums, New 04 Owner WA state ! You made the right choice when you chose the XFire as your next vehicle. It really is a great automobile and is so much fun to drive.

I've never owned a Miata so I have no idea what the "accommodations" are in the interior. All I know is I manage to fit in my roadster and my leg room is similar to the 90 Vette I traded in. The one difference I noticed comparing the Vette to the Xfire is there is less room between the door panel and the console. I'm about the average size of a pro football player, 6'2", 260, and I fit!

Bob M

Old 03-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Default Re: New '04 Owner WA state

Originally Posted by outback
It was time to put the Miata to rest and get a fresh set of wheels. I was looking at the Rx8's, MR2's, 350Z...then I saw a graphite Crossfire Drive by and said to myself, first what the heck is that, and 2nd where do I get one. A week later and I now own one. What a fun ride! When inside it feels huge compared to the miata, then when you get out of it, it looks so tiny.

I have owned it 2 weeks, and have done things I have never done before to a car, I clay barred the car due to some white overspray that was on it when I bought it. In regards to that I do have a question. After Clay barring and waxing, should I be putting on a few more coats of wax soon to help "rebuild" up the protection? I also did the door speaker mod with the capacitor, sounds nice.

This is the first car that I have owned that is not a stick. However after 11 years of marriage my wife has still not learned how to drive a stick, so I had to give in. Now when she wants to head to the grocery store, the minivan will just not do, and off she goes in my baby...what did I get myself into, I now have to share.
What part of the state? I have a slate/graphite coupe myself. Welcome to this group -- they are a great group of people and you'll learn alot of good stuff about your car.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome the forums and congrats on your purchase. I have owned mine for almost three weeks. Unfortunately I'm traveling this week and can't drive my "mistress" as the wife calls it (just as well, will be snowing again in Colorado). I truly love the car!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by DICKBEE7631
What part of the state? I have a slate/graphite coupe myself. Welcome to this group -- they are a great group of people and you'll learn alot of good stuff about your car.
I live in the Everett area, Just north of Seattle.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned

welcome to the forum and congrats on your '04 Xfire.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Welcome to our great site! Hubby hopes you used a cleaner wax, to take off the residue of the clay bar.

If not, he suggest that you wash the car with cold water, dry it off and then, go back and put the cleaner wax (sealer) then a coat Carnauba wax, and you will have a great shine!

That is, if you can get the car away from your wife, long enough from shopping!

Sooooo glad the car is ALL mine......Hubby has his toy.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cruiser
Hi,

Welcome to our great site! Hubby hopes you used a cleaner wax, to take off the residue of the clay bar.

If not, he suggest that you wash the car with cold water, dry it off and then, go back and put the cleaner wax (sealer) then a coat Carnauba wax, and you will have a great shine!

That is, if you can get the car away from your wife, long enough from shopping!

Sooooo glad the car is ALL mine......Hubby has his toy.
I used Meguires Cleaner Wax (red round Tub with yellow applicator). I have not done anything after using the Cleaner wax. Figured that was that.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: New '04 Owner WA state

I have owned it 2 weeks, and have done things I have never done before to a car, I clay barred the car due to some white overspray that was on it when I bought it. In regards to that I do have a question. After Clay barring and waxing, should I be putting on a few more coats of wax soon to help "rebuild" up the protection?
1) Clay bar
2) Hand glaze (3M Imperial Hand Glaze is a good one and reasonable)
3) A good polish
4) A good Carnuba wax or a good synthetic wax (longer lasting)

Old 03-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 483 Likes on 335 Posts

outback

Welcome to the forum and Crossfire ownership.
You have found a great car and a great forum.
Enjoy the experience !

Old 03-05-2008, 05:09 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have owned it 2 weeks, and have done things I have never done before to a car, I clay barred the car due to some white overspray that was on it when I bought it. In regards to that I do have a question. After Clay barring and waxing, should I be putting on a few more coats of wax soon to help "rebuild" up the protection?
Read through this thread:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=21078

I really like the NXT 2.0.

And Welcome!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Crossfire's are great cars.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations and welcome to our forum!