Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Ouch !!!

Old 07-30-2008, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch !!!

Hello everyone. Long story short, yesterday while waiting at a stop light, the guy ahead of me at the stop light decided to back up. Of course he drove his trailer hitch through the nose of my car just below the grill. Now of course he didnt have insurance and after the police showed up decided it was "my" fault for having a small car ?? ANYWHO... I was trying to do a little research on parts this morning and thought I would ask the forum if there are any good parts outlets for our cars. I would like to know a bit about some of the costs involved so Im a bit prepared when getting estimates from body shops. Any suggestions ? Thanks.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Ouch !!!

Originally Posted by mijobo2000
Hello everyone. Long story short, yesterday while waiting at a stop light, the guy ahead of me at the stop light decided to back up. Of course he drove his trailer hitch through the nose of my car just below the grill. Now of course he didnt have insurance and after the police showed up decided it was "my" fault for having a small car ?? ANYWHO... I was trying to do a little research on parts this morning and thought I would ask the forum if there are any good parts outlets for our cars. I would like to know a bit about some of the costs involved so Im a bit prepared when getting estimates from body shops. Any suggestions ? Thanks.
What an idiot, did the police give him a ticket and did you end up with his insurance information?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Re: Ouch !!!

Sorry about your car...I'd be so PO'd at that guy...you're kidding about your fault I hope?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Forum Regular

im not sure about any of the prices but iu've heard that the srt6 front bumper is cheaper than the na

Old 07-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there was a brand new srt6 bumper on ebay the other day for cheap.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by manisusmc
im not sure about any of the prices but iu've heard that the srt6 front bumper is cheaper than the na
That is true. That srt6 bumper is cheaper than the standard one.
If you have the limited base standard bumper you can look at this as a reason to upgrade.
If your paying for it out of pocket I would sugest buying your own paying a local bodyshop cash to paint it and intall it yourself. It really isn't that hard.
Best of luck.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:20 AM
RPM

www.chryslerpartsdirect.com
The SRT6 bumper is cheaper than the other.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 AM

Just got back from getting my estimate, thought I would update. The estimate came to $1858.75 total. The SRT bumper did end up being less than the limited by about $120.00 so I hope to upgrade to the SRT style. I dont know but assume the guy got a few tickets since his plates were expired, no insurance, and of course backed into me. And yes, once the police showed up their attitudes changed dramatically from, so sorry, we'll take care of it, please let us leave and just claim it as a hit and run, to it being my fault some how. Which I will add, the officer basically laughed at that idea.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:17 PM

And yes, once the police showed up their attitudes changed dramatically from, so sorry, we'll take care of it, please let us leave and just claim it as a hit and run, to it being my fault some how. Which I will add, the officer basically laughed at that idea.
That's dirty. Claim as a hit and run? Talk about insurance scammers. They were trying to make you lie.

Crooked people nowadays.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

I'm still confused? Who said it was your fault? The idiot who hit you or the police?
Pat

Old 07-31-2008, 05:00 AM

Just for future reference...

Always leave a good space from the car ahead of you at stop lights. I'll generally leave about a car length (which is a lot). If your on a hill and the car in front of you is a clutch they may roll back. Sometimes people will be too far into the intersection and will back up. There may be a need to turn out of the lane your in. And if your in the city, the risk of carjackers.

I'm sorry this moron brought greif into your life and hope everything works out ok.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:02 AM

I was backed into by a Lexus SUV a while back. She was trying to move her car so it didn't block an intersection. Nice lady said she didn't see me. Well, Duh!!! I got a great piece of advice on this forum so I'll pass it along. It is far better to honk once to many than once to few. They don't see you, so let them hear you.

Still not your fault. Nice lady got my bill. To bad you don't have someone to hand your bill to.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM

Hello again
I had a question maybe some of you could help with regarding my front end damage. I havent been able to find pictures of the "SRT" front end versus the "limited" front end. Obviously I know what they look like on the car but I need to know if the SRT front is a one piece deal or if the " chin spoiler " is a seperate piece. It was my understanding the SRT bumper cover with chin spoiler was made as one complete piece, but like I said I am having trouble finding pics of the actual part. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, cant get the car into the body shop for 3 weeks, joy joy !!!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

They are both one single piece and mount the same way.
I was at Riots house when AMG Jerry was doing his mods and his SRT6 bumper came off in one single piece in about 15 minutes.

Last edited by Valk; 08-01-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear that, it sucks.

It is so stupid with the traffic law, I don't know why, maybe the insurance and the police try to make things simple, it is ALWAYS the fault of the vehicle at the back in california (i don't know about other states). So even in your case that the front vehicle back up into you, it is your fault. UNLESS there is witness.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:31 PM

Just to update, here in WI its called " unsafe backing " and he was ticketed for that. If we were moving there would be a difference but given we were stopped at a light (with a car behind me) there obviously wasnt much I could do about it. Now if WI would pass a law requiring minimum auto insurance I wouldnt be out my deductible. On the bright side, I will be upgrading to the SRT front end which I like better than the stock Limited nose. Only down side is that the shop cant get me in till the end of the month. It's getting pretty old explaining why I have a big hole in my front bumper !!!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Forum Regular

It's getting pretty old explaining why I have a big hole in my front bumper !!!
Tell them it is for the machine gun !!