Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Brit's Slam the XFire ...Geez !

Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brit's Slam the XFire ...Geez !

So if you've never seen this video before, do what I did...grit your teeth...grin and BARE IT !!! ( ! )

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...Top_174188.htm

Old 08-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brit's Slam the XFire ...Geez !

This is an old clip
Very different tastes in the UK than over here - humor, auto styling etc.
I agree with a lot of what he says.
A lot of what he says is true and you can't deny it (rear visibility, 1st gear etc.), ****-pit size (Jeremy Clarkson is about 6' 4") - especially the Budweiser comment!!!
The TV program which that article from is completely commercial free (no sponsors etc). The presenters are 100% free to give their honest opinion.
Jeremy Clarkson did an auto TV program over here - he had to test drive a BMW - he wanted to really slate it but the producers would not let him due to BMW had bought commercial time, and they would only pay the extortionate prices if the car had a good review.
Maybe all the reasons he states are why it never took off over here.
Face it, it's an expensive toy - not many people/families can use a toy everyday for tramsport.
Don't get me wrong, I love mine, but the SUV pulls the Harleys a lot better than the Xfire does!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Forum Regular

This is Jeremy Clarkson. He is a loud mouthed, opinionated, noisy, boisterous and very self-assured person. He is also very, very able to kill a car by talking about it. He speaks his mind, and should be admired for it. It what he says which can cause upset.

A number of car manufacturers will not let him near their cars. Vauxhall won’t. He sat for a whole minute drumming his fingers on the roof because he had nothing nice to say about it. Since then, a Vauxhall on Top Gear is a rare sight.

Top Gear is highly entertaining, and all three presenters will call a spade a spade. Clarkson's criticism on the size of the car's interior is not an isolated incident. He's too big to drive many of the sports cars he reviews, and he complains about it all the time.

It's Clarkson. Highly entertaining, but you need a large bowl of salt to go with him.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Don't worry in a later review he changes his mind. He likes the Crossfire convertible over the 350Z and TT. He says the Crossfire is better looking and a better value.

The video is on youtube.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:49 PM

Here is the link for part 1 of the video comparing the Crossfire convertible to 350Z and TT. Watch all three parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t96uOZPkhc

Old 08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
TVT_DESIGN

I agree with every thing he said, but you have to put it into perspective. For 30K (MSRP) you don't expet a luxo interior, superb engine, and sports car transmission, so you get a little bit of each. If the car came with a Chrysler drivetrain it would be 10K less easily, but then again the build quality on this car is pretty good for a Chrysler.

The interior could use some more real leather and a better trim then plastic, but overall it is a lot better then it's sub-luxo competition. The engine, well that's what we're here for. The trans is horrible for the manual I urge one person to say differently. I have the manual and it is awful for a sports car, with that said I'd only do auto to drag race. The suspension is good, but the steering is very distant almost like a video game. A few bits here and there makes a big difference. Of course the biggest thing is the styling. The new Z4 coupe is shaped similarly and sold just as poorly as well as the A3, any station wagon (BMW, MB, Volvo, etc), and most non-japanese hatches.

Us Crossfire owners are a rare breed that appreciate being different and really love the car for what it is.

Fun video though, "0-60 in 7.2 sec, there are animals faster then that."