Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

*sigh* more problems (interior paint, electronics)

Old 08-21-2008, 04:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *sigh* more problems (interior paint, electronics)

I had the engine replaced about a month ago. It was all kinds of messed up.

Got it back and the car was perfect again.

Andddd here I am, a month later, with more problems. The tire pressure light keeps coming on/off. Tires are fine, checked them many times. The exterior bulb failure light keeps coming on and off. All lights are fine. The interior dash lights in my car are all mistimed and parts of the dash have a delay, and come on 5 seconds after other parts of the dash.

Got in my car this morning and noticed a discoloration in the silver paint on the center console by my shifter and slightly on the right window button. Rubbed it and the paint came right off in my fingers. Have a nice black lines now.

I also seem to have the notorious dash paint problem .. it's starting to peel in places.

I once again feel as though my car, that is one year old with 20k on it, is simply falling apart.

...back to the dealer I go. Once this is all straightened out I have a feeling I will be parting with the car. I hate to say it, but the crossfire is absolutely a piece of ****.

Thankfully my dealership is GREAT. I had engine problems for 2 months and was in and out quite alot .. I kept my cool and always worked well with them. They ended up swapping the engine and even went out on a limb to replace a rear wheel that they shouldn't (more or less user error) have since'I had been so patient'.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: *sigh* more problems (interior paint, electronics)

Hey, we are the 2 original founding members of f***the Fire.com. Mine is again in the shop. This time, it was running on 3 cylinders, sputtering and all. What do you think it was; a bad intake gasket. Yep the same one they replaced when they tore the motor apart. They had to fix a oil leak afterwards, so they took it off and then reused it, like the manual says. So, I've again been without my POS for another 6 days. Oh well, at least I dont have to wory about breakdowns while its in the shop. Wait, do I hear anoother Porsche calling my name. See 'ya, and I hope you get thing worked out soon.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What was wrong with the engine that had to be replaced?

Old 08-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Forum Regular

You're not alone, my car nickel and dimes the hell out of me and once in a while throws in a big repair bill. In my experience if you want to drive a German car, especially one with later Mercedes engineering, you gotta learn to live with it.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chris L.
What was wrong with the engine that had to be replaced?
The engine was ticking and sputtering. They replaced all the lifters and did a bunch of other stuff that didn't help. They finally isolated the noise to the top of one of the cylinders, and decided at that point to just replace the engine.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Didn't think I'd need it for a Loooooong time.....but glad I've got the lifetime powertrain warranty!!

Old 08-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by khanable
I had the engine replaced about a month ago. It was all kinds of messed up.

Got it back and the car was perfect again.

Andddd here I am, a month later, with more problems. The tire pressure light keeps coming on/off. Tires are fine, checked them many times. The exterior bulb failure light keeps coming on and off. All lights are fine. The interior dash lights in my car are all mistimed and parts of the dash have a delay, and come on 5 seconds after other parts of the dash.

Got in my car this morning and noticed a discoloration in the silver paint on the center console by my shifter and slightly on the right window button. Rubbed it and the paint came right off in my fingers. Have a nice black lines now.

I also seem to have the notorious dash paint problem .. it's starting to peel in places.

I once again feel as though my car, that is one year old with 20k on it, is simply falling apart.

...back to the dealer I go. Once this is all straightened out I have a feeling I will be parting with the car. I hate to say it, but the crossfire is absolutely a piece of ****.

Thankfully my dealership is GREAT. I had engine problems for 2 months and was in and out quite alot .. I kept my cool and always worked well with them. They ended up swapping the engine and even went out on a limb to replace a rear wheel that they shouldn't (more or less user error) have since'I had been so patient'.
i would sell it if i was you before something else major happens. that is crazy, i wonder if you can lemon law that thing?

Old 08-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular

So seems like these cars are generally in good quality, however, a few of them are having some major problems, see if you are lucky enough to get one of those.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Forum Regular

khanable: Will you consider to sell it once the problem is fixed? before the next problem comes up?

Old 08-22-2008, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by jackei
khanable: Will you consider to sell it once the problem is fixed? before the next problem comes up?

Would consider it, yea.. but I feel like I could try to lemon law it and get more out of the deal. I put a good amount of $$ into it, and we all know that mods do not increase the value of the car.. so either way I'm kind of boned. ;(