Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

how fast can the crossfire take a corner?

Old 10-11-2008, 01:29 PM
tal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how fast can the crossfire take a corner?

Originally Posted by XFired up
IF YOU HAVE A 6 SPEED AND ARE DURING A MPH OF 65 MPH YOU CAN DOWN SHIFT TO 4TH GEAR AND STOMP IT TO THE FLOOR AND IF YOUR TIRE ARE WITHING SPECS MEANING THAT THERE NOW WORN,, THEN YOU CAN TAKE A CURVE AT 100MPH.......... I DO IT ALL THE TIME,,,,,,,,,BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE REV'S UP WHILE TURNING.................HEY PEOPLE THESE CARS WILL FLY.....

Are you related to the OP?

You both have highly unusual...um...everything, probably.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:25 AM

original quote: by mayhem

"honestly the prelude out handled the srt-6 on most corners by well over 15mph."

it is possible that front wheel drive cars are better at cornering better then rear wheel drive cars and i agree with him ive taken the prelude si to the limits. i still love my crossfire especially when i remind myself of the concept cars like the firepower and the w-12 supercar thing (anyone notice the ridged hood on these concepts.) sooo i guess it will just remain a mystery that some things in life dont add up like we would like it to.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

is this thread still alive...well here goes...I had an LET Tune done some time ago...thought my car was just great through turns, always have traction control off when playing on my favorite twisty road...took a hard hairpin turn the other night, was throwing her into it pretty hard as usual, then power out hard, uusally breaking loose just enough to control coming out strong...oops went in hard, traction caught, had to go with it, meaning, did a 360, then continued on a little embarrassed...as it turns out, even w/ the traction control off, even with the tune, which before did away w/ the traction control override, the car decided to change back to its old setting so to speak...now I have to remember to do a "reset" before I go play so there aren't anymore surprises...does this make any sense to you "autocrossers" that are posting on here...my car was performing grt, no issues like this for a couple of months, but this is what I was told by Wayne at LET>
no offense Supercrossfire, but, there isn't anything around here that has even come close to this SRT, my friend are old experienced drivers, and they marvel as I do how a stock car like this performs the way it does...you would have to modify heavily the cars you are talking about to stay with it...

Last edited by oledoc2u; 10-12-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:46 PM

I've taken a 50mph sweeper at 120 but no matter how hard i held the steering wheel through the corner it just slid up to the out side and hangs right on the edge of breaking traction...I wouldn't even try to go any faster...I'd probably kill myself

Old 03-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whoever
"honestly the prelude out handled the srt-6 on most corners by well over 15mph
I call BS on this fellow. The Prelude weighed as much as the Crossfire, had 50mm less rubber, and generally speaking, had a chassis which wiggled like a noodle had some pretty terrible weight distribution.

Even the Japanese pretty much gave up on the Prelude. Sorry, try again.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:04 PM

I'll have fun but I won't push the limit.

I don't care if you call me a big chicken. It would totally suck to flip a roadster.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Dumb question and some dumber answers.
We regularly have photos in the paper showing wrecked cars whose deceased owners got the wrong answer and often they made other people pay for their error with their life as well.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:37 PM

i agree please dont try this at home. the crossfire is a real car, and the drivers are real people, and the streets are not race tracks! i dont want anyone doing anything stupid just to prove anything. i understand there are people on here that would fight to the death for their crossfire. just take it for what it is. when i see the day that all cars have no wheels and tires, then ill remember this post and the crossfire will be worth a few dollars. enjoy!

p.s. im still waiting for a removable hardtop.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Thats why I find out at the autocross track. And I can tell you the the Crossfire can really take a corner. And that the front tires give up and start pushing long before the back ones come near to loosing grip. Take it to the track where you can really find out the limits.

Les

Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonoronos
I call BS on this fellow. The Prelude weighed as much as the Crossfire, had 50mm less rubber, and generally speaking, had a chassis which wiggled like a noodle had some pretty terrible weight distribution.

Even the Japanese pretty much gave up on the Prelude. Sorry, try again.
Well doesn't someone sound like a Jeremy Clarkson.

And as for the OP.... holy ****... reading your posts gave me a headache. Not because of the content, because the entire thing is usually just one, long run-on sentence that has no coherency, but is not much more than lines and lines of incoherent babble with a few "hey look, I think my car goes fast" lines thrown in.

I'm sorry. No, you can't. It doesn't. And you didn't. Ever.

Have a nice day.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:54 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tal
Are you related to the OP?

You both have highly unusual...um...everything, probably.
Second that.