Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I Can't Stand It Anymore!

Old 11-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Can't Stand It Anymore!

I was reading a dealers ad in the paper today and it indicated that a XF that he was selling was a "base" model.
And then I check into the Forum and most XF owners are falling all over themselves to list their chariots as "Limited".
Would someone kindly take the time to educate me on the differences?

Me? a 2004 Coupe with 7200 miles on it, black, red interior, auto stick and either a base or a limited.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Default Re: I Can't Stand It Anymore!

I believe Limited trim has more comfort options. Like heated seats, fog lights, and option of Coupé or Roadster. Base is just... well, base. All of the car without the add-ons.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Hey JJ let me first welcome you to the site! Glad to see more owners joining us.

LOTS of information here can be found by using the SEARCH function located at the top of the page. I did a search for ya on "differences limited base" and came up with one of many threads on this topic.
Check it out here:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...s+limited+base

"See" ya later on the forum!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

an 04 base had all the stuff an 05+Ltd had and then some. So its the same as a limited. In 05 and onward the base dropped things like leather seats, fog lights and I believe the trim was different as well, no silver accents around the windshield and door handles, they were same color as the car. Your 04 should have an auto dimming mirror which the 05's and onward do not have. That's what I can remember.
Pat

Old 11-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Maybe this will help.......

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...2&d=1207955975

Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by patpur
an 04 base had all the stuff an 05+Ltd had and then some. So its the same as a limited. In 05 and onward the base dropped things like leather seats, fog lights and I believe the trim was different as well, no silver accents around the windshield and door handles, they were same color as the car. Your 04 should have an auto dimming mirror which the 05's and onward do not have. That's what I can remember.
Pat
Pats right..again.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:06 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by apkano
That pretty much covers it. There's some interesting differences that account for some recent comments here (black vs silver speaker covers); a few surprises (heated v. non-heated washer nozzles); and one I wondered about (black v. satin silver engine cover).

Thanks for the file - very useful...

Old 11-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by ppro
That pretty much covers it. There's some interesting differences that account for some recent comments here (black vs silver speaker covers); a few surprises (heated v. non-heated washer nozzles); and one I wondered about (black v. satin silver engine cover).

Thanks for the file - very useful...
No problem.....glad you like it.

That'll be 10 million dollars....you have to pay it because you already read it!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by patpur
an 04 base had all the stuff an 05+Ltd had and then some.
Might be splitting hairs here but I don't believe that there is any such animal as an 04 base. I am under the impression that all 04's were limiteds. There were only 2 options, tires and tranny and that was it.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Forum Regular

Hmm - I take it from the specs posted here that the UK models are all limited. Is this the case? I know that we got the higher-spec models, but I wasn’t sure how they fitted in with the "limited" moniker.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Uncle_Al
Might be splitting hairs here but I don't believe that there is any such animal as an 04 base. I am under the impression that all 04's were limiteds. There were only 2 options, tires and tranny and that was it.
The 2004 model may have been termed "base" but of course we know it's really a Limited.

This reminds me of going to the drive-thru and they say "Will that be 'medium' or 'Super-Size'. And heaven forbid you say "small" because they'll come back and say "there is no small" - but..but... If there is no small, how can there be a medium?

So I think in 2004 they called it the Base Couple because there wasn't anything else...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:46 PM

Wow! Thanks for all the info. I appreciate all your replies very much. Yup, my little coupe seems to have more goodies on it than I could ever reasonably expect. I guess that's part of the manufacturers scheme to make you think you got a deal,...(to prevent you from feeling that you paid too much).
I am reminded of when I was out in California in 1981. I had a 1980 Corvette and I was taking an aquaintance to dinner. At that time, the 'vette had the new (for that time) feature that at night, when you turned the car off and locked it, the headlights and interior lights would turn off by themselves.
When we got out of the car at the restaurant, I locked it and started to walk away. My friend then warns me that I forgot to turn the lights off.
"Ha, Ha, Ha, I said. That's O.K., they'll go off by themselves in about 20-seconds".
We stood there about five-minutes watching the car and waiting for the lights to automatically go off, before I very humbly went back to the car and turned off everything manually. (I even had to remove some of the interior bulbs). But that was only the first of many expensive repairs to one of General Motors masterpieces.
Ever since then, I have felt that the more cute stuff a maker sticks on a vehicle, the more it would eventually cost me in repair bills when it invariably failed.
I'm hoping for better luck with the XF. But I've always had terrible luck,...I even voted for McCain.

Last edited by jimmyjet; 11-04-2008 at 07:53 PM.