Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Great Deal Chrysler Service Contract

Old 11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Deal Chrysler Service Contract

Look at the GREAT deal that came in the mail,

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
contract 001.JPG (1.38 MB, 234 views)
Old 11-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Great Deal Chrysler Service Contract

I got one too. It has me thinking...

I would really rather have a good 3rd party warranty so I could take the car to a Benz dealer or other independent shop...

Old 11-16-2008, 05:12 AM

I can"t get a Benz dealer to work on my car,can you? I even tried at shops that work on Benz cars and no goI was told that the equipment that worked on a Benz would not work on the Crossfire.

Last edited by donedharm; 11-16-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:14 AM
RPM

I got one too. chryslerservicecontracts.com seems to still have the best deal.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 483 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by donedharm
I can"t get a Benz dealer to work on my car,can you? I even tried at shops that work on Benz cars and no goI was told that the equipment that worked on a Benz would not work on the Crossfire.
Same thing here in the Chicago area.
My local Benz dealer said they would not work on my Crossfire.
I only asked at one dealer near me though.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:28 PM

I've got a local Mercedes/BMW/Audi/Porsche/ Specialty shop that will. They do more repair volume than the dealers miles down the street. Everybody buys them from the dealer, then takes them here to be serviced. They also sell Beck & Superformance cars. They started out as a small Benz service shop about 30 years ago, you see what they are now. The 2 gentlemen that own it are actually german.

http://www.autohausva.com/

Old 11-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
I've got a local Mercedes/BMW/Audi/Porsche/ Specialty shop that will. They do more repair volume than the dealers miles down the street. Everybody buys them from the dealer, then takes them here to be serviced. They also sell Beck & Superformance cars. They started out as a small Benz service shop about 30 years ago, you see what they are now. The 2 gentlemen that own it are actually german.

http://www.autohausva.com/
Looks like I'll be heading there when something I can't fix myself comes along...
Thanks!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Once Chrysler goes bankrupt, all these Chrysler extended warranties won't be worth the paper they're written on. I was actually thinking about cancelling my MaxCare extended warranty and getting a refund on it since my car still has a year to go on the original warranty. I'm really beginning to doubt whether Chrysler (or GM for that matter) will be around in another year....

Old 11-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by greenie
Once Chrysler goes bankrupt, all these Chrysler extended warranties won't be worth the paper they're written on. I was actually thinking about cancelling my MaxCare extended warranty and getting a refund on it since my car still has a year to go on the original warranty. I'm really beginning to doubt whether Chrysler (or GM for that matter) will be around in another year....
I've been thinking the same thing... I just started my maxcare a few months ago but I still may just go third party on there a**!

Old 12-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RPM
I got one too. chryslerservicecontracts.com seems to still have the best deal.
I can't get that web site.
What was the deal there?
I went to the web site and got the following message:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later. Apache/1.3.39 Server at www.chryslerservicecontracts.com Port 80

Old 12-14-2008, 10:33 AM

Why did you guys try to get serviced at a Mercedes' dealer? Is this because you have no Chrysler dealer in your area or was Chrysler dealer unable to or unwilling to help? It's clear that there is a lot of concern Crossfire owners here have raised regarding the servicing future of their vehicles. I share this concern but I'm not sure what the problems have been so far. It would be important to address our future concerns regarding the investments we have made in a Chrysler product.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:56 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by greenie

I've been thinking the same thing... I just started my maxcare a few months ago but I still may just go third party on there a**!

I have the extended warranty and was concerned, below is their response to my similar question:

support@chryslerwarrantys.com

Hi , The warrantys are fully insured and in the event that Chrysler declares Chapt 11 or heaven forbid is no longer around, the insurance company will continue to administer the plans and pay the claims....Thank you, Diane support@chryslerwarrantys.com

Old 12-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Forum Regular

if that is the case and they go under where will we take our cars are the dealerships still going to be around and how would we get parts for the car if the company went under.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Forum Regular

i am staying with my exterded service contract through Chrysler.

after looking over issues around here ..the dealer's tell me not to worry they will honor any warranty and service contract period ...
nothing will change....

i know most 3rd party warranties pay on a scale so if u use a import shop or
specialty shop
they usually cost much more and u will have to pay the balance what ever the warranty does not cover.....

but if u have a shop that will worl with you, far out then

the Benz dealer near here will not even talk to u about a crossfire ..
one because the cars was not sold by Benz...

Old 12-15-2008, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by BlazingSaddle
Why did you guys try to get serviced at a Mercedes' dealer? Is this because you have no Chrysler dealer in your area or was Chrysler dealer unable to or unwilling to help? It's clear that there is a lot of concern Crossfire owners here have raised regarding the servicing future of their vehicles. I share this concern but I'm not sure what the problems have been so far. It would be important to address our future concerns regarding the investments we have made in a Chrysler product.

Because the car's internals are all Mercedes. You cannot just bring a Mercedes car to a Chrysler dealership and expect them to work on it like it was any other Chrysler. Sure, there are few Chrsyler technicians that are trained to work on these cars, some do a fantastic job but some don't. It's like taking a Chrysler to a GM dealer and having them work on it.. most of the time it wont' go very well.

Meanwhile, Mercedes mechanics WORK on the slk320, and they know what's going on. That's what this car is, so naturally taking it to the Mercedes dealer they can diagnose and fix things properly, faster, quicker, and better.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by faiz23
if that is the case and they go under where will we take our cars are the dealerships still going to be around and how would we get parts for the car if the company went under.
There's a law somewhere that says parts must be available for sale at least seven years after production ends on a specific model....although I cant say if this is true for a bankrupt company.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by BlazingSaddle
Why get serviced at Mercedes - First you must understand that there were fewer than 80,000 cars made that were sent all over the world and maybe 50,000 to the US which means say 10,000 per state and that equals about half of the Chrysler dealerships never even sold one and never sent a tech for Crossfire training and of the ones that did sell some and train a tech or two I can assure you that after the announcement the car was discontinued NO dealer sent another tech for training so there are very few trained Chrysler Crossfire techs and they have very little experience on top of that so willing or unwilling in most cases it results in poor service.
Second - Address our concerns about our investment - The line was discontinued before the current owners of Chrysler purchased the company so the new owners of Chrysler have little reason to be supportive of the product and add to that the ability to purchase Mercedes parts to repair them will not last long so I assure you voicing those concerns will only be an echo in the corporate hallway.

This is why we all need to know a MB tech. Our car like it or not is a Mercedes SLK320 with a very cool face lift, you can say what you want about it being a "Chrysler" or whatever BUT the truth of the matter is that the only mechanic's that can repair the car properly are MB trained and one day very soon you will not find that person at a Chrysler dealership.
I bought a third party extended warranty because I know a great shop here that has MB trained techs and that is where my car will be repaired.

Sorry to be a cold wet towel in the face but it is what it is.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Recently I took my SRT6 for an oil change and a coolant flush and refill at the Mercedes dealer in West Chester, PA. The service staff acknowledged the mechanicals of the car, being Mercedes. In fact their were several Mercedes customers awaiting delivery of the cars from service that walked over to my SRT6 and were in awe of the car's styling and limited numbers manufactured. I had to pop the hood for one fellow to prove it was supercharged, with the AMG engraving on the supercharger, He was amazed. He said it was the best kept secret. I acknowledged that fact....

Dennis

Old 12-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DTMenace
Recently I took my SRT6 for an oil change and a coolant flush and refill at the Mercedes dealer in West Chester, PA.
Do you have any experience at Devon Mercedes?

Old 12-16-2008, 01:49 PM

Just because a dealer says he is a "5 star" dealer, it does not mean they can work on the Crossfire. I had mine in the shop for close to 2 months with the mechanics trying to figure things out. Then they did'nt put things back as planned, and now I'm starting to think things are not all rosy.

Quick Reply: Great Deal Chrysler Service Contract