Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler Auto Insurance ??

Old 12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler Auto Insurance ??

I've had my auto insurance with Farmers Group for years ... MrsS and I both have clean driving records and we've not had any complaints or problems, We just keep on paying the premiums, switch cars on the policy as we replace a car with a newer one and have filed only one claim ever ...

Today, I got a mailer from Chrysler Auto Insurance claiming they could save us $300-$500 per year on each car (which are both Chrysler products) .... they don't know us or our histories, they only know what we're driving ... AND I do NOT know if they are actually affiliated in any way with Chrysler Motors or are just taking a ride on the name.

Normally, I just toss stuff like this into my shredder but since our premiums are coming due shortly and our insurance was a top of mind issue, I got thinking about this ... we've been wondering if we are really getting the best available deal on insurance or whether it might pay to shop around. MrsS keeps talking about checking with AARP (yes, although I hate to admit it, we are old enough to be eligible to join that group) since she tells me that people she's talked to have saved money with them ... that sometimes means she's seen an ad on TV, but she really might have spoken with someone who's told her that.

My question (after all that blather) is whether any among the membership here has had any experience with Chrysler Auto Insurance and what has been the nature of that experience ? A secondary question might really be in order since the Crossfire by it's nature raised our rates .... does anyone have any suggestions based on experience as to whether we should look beyond Farmers and if so, what suggestions do you have?

Great thanks,

Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Chrysler Auto Insurance ??

Here's what I pay with Mercury insurance with the following. I know 'cause I just renewed my policy. 100/300/50 with CC, $500 deductables on my 05 GMC SLT 4x4, 04 Expedition and XF....$1640/yr. When I added the XF, my policy only increased $290 a year. Reason I was told was we had more cars than drivers in the household, so my policy did not go up that much more when I added the XF.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If your policy is up for renewal soon, then regardless whether any of us has experience with Chrysler Auto Insurance or not (I do not), and regardless what anyone else here might quote as their current premiums, you should do some shopping. The Internet makes insurance shpping much easier than it used to be since most companies will quote online with no cost or obligation.

There are so many variables in insurance rates that what works great for one person may not be so great for another. I shop every year just to be sure I'm getting decent rates. But I also live in a very safe area, all three cars a garaged, I'm married and both my wife and I have been ticket free for over 10 years and the last insurance claim I had was in 1980. Add to that a good credit rating and our insurance is pretty darn cheap. Even replacing my '99 Miata with my '05 Crossfire did almost nothing to my rates - maybe an increase of $20/year.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, they appear to be one in the same. Guess who underwites their policies?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VvGW98D3XA

Old 12-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Shopping around is best if you want the best deal.

If you have military ties, USAA was my best deal when I shopped around.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:30 AM
AlG
Forum Regular

Never hurts to get a few quotes, they're free. I'm an insurance broker and you'd be surprised how different rates can be for the same drivers from different companies.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by AlG
Never hurts to get a few quotes, they're free. I'm an insurance broker and you'd be surprised how different rates can be for the same drivers from different companies.
Sure you want to accept advise on insurance from a member with the name "AlG"!!!!!

Last edited by tighed1; 12-04-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 AM

I have Hagerty, they will accept (not except.. ) our cars as long as they are not a daily drive. I'm paying for 2 cars my 82 Firebird and the Crossfire. $563.00 a year.

There eas another tread on here about Hagert . But again if you use it on a daily bases they will not cover it.