Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

How Do You Like The Crossfire?

Old 02-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How Do You Like The Crossfire?

A Crossfire is like Angelina Jole with a few pimples... the flaws might bother you a little, but you still will want to take her for a long ride.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:21 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ghoward11
Ive owned mine for 3 years. I have an 04 non srt with about 65,000. I liked it the first year I had it. It was different. I still think you can't beat the looks. But now that I've had it for awhile I can say a bunch of negative things about it. The ride comfort is terrible. I have to go through tires like crazy! Cup holder sucks! Trunk rattles and wind noise are awful. Transmission is very wierd in the shifting and you have to do the reset quite often. Lastly....the resale value. I bought mine when they were pretty pricey now I can't get crap for it! But hey it's still a very nice unique looking car1
Cupholder? What cupholder? You call that a cupholder? It doesn't hold cups. :-P

Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 AM

i love it.....look 39th post...

Old 02-13-2009, 07:42 AM

Did Anyone Have A Burning Smell Coming From Somewhere In The Front Of The Car Like The Engine Compartment?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:42 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jerry rosewicz
A Crossfire is like Angelina Jole with a few pimples... the flaws might bother you a little, but you still will want to take her for a long ride.
I would probably say that crossfire is exactly like Angelina. Beautiful on the outside but weird and quirky on the inside! She's one freaky broad!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:58 AM

I Dont Think I Bought The Car With A Warranty, So I I Bring It To Chrysler Will They Still Fix It?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by speeddiva989
I Dont Think I Bought The Car With A Warranty, So I I Bring It To Chrysler Will They Still Fix It?
If your car doesn't have a warranty, then technically you don't have to bring it to a chrysler dealer. Some of the more experienced members here may disagree, but in your situation, I would pay more for the proper expertise. In this case, I would forego the Chrysler dealer altogether. The crossfire is essentially a mercedes in a wonderful Chyrsler based halloween costume. I would look for either a mercedes dealer ($$$$$$) or an independent shop that specializes in european cars (and is comfortable working on mercedes cars). The problem is that the Chyrsler dealer is supposed to know how to work on these cars, but in reading these forums over the months, it seems like the dealers just don't have enough practical experience with these cars to know how to properly fix them.

An oil change is probably ok at the chrysler dealer, assuming they use the proper oil. I'm sure a brake job or replacing suspension parts would also be fairly simple, but anything more complication would have me concerned about taking the vehicle to a dealer.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate my Crossfire..... It keeps making me buy it new toys so it can go faster.

In fact, I dislike it so much that I bought a second one (actually my third, but I dont have the '04 anymore).
This is a beautifull car and lots of fun to drive. I have only had an issue with the crank position sensor on the Aero, and that was easily fixed.

Good luck and good driving.

MikeR

Old 02-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoward11
Ive owned mine for 3 years. I have an 04 non srt with about 65,000. I liked it the first year I had it. It was different. I still think you can't beat the looks. But now that I've had it for awhile I can say a bunch of negative things about it. The ride comfort is terrible. I have to go through tires like crazy! Cup holder sucks! Trunk rattles and wind noise are awful. Transmission is very wierd in the shifting and you have to do the reset quite often. Lastly....the resale value. I bought mine when they were pretty pricey now I can't get crap for it! But hey it's still a very nice unique looking car1
How many tires in three years? Maybe its your driving habits. As to the ride, it is not a limo. Cup holder, nothing more to be said about it. Trunk rattles and the wind noise can probably be fixed, see the TSB's. Transmission weird, what transmission do you have? Reset no big problem. Price. too late now, so suck it up and make the most of it. At 65,000 miles not too many cars are worth much anyway.
Look on the bright side, you could have bought a SUV.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:19 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by speeddiva989
Did Anyone Have A Burning Smell Coming From Somewhere In The Front Of The Car Like The Engine Compartment?
Do you have a stick? I get that sometimes on my 6-speed. People are telling me it's the brakes, but I'm sure it's my clutch. If your problem is the same as mine, it's probably not much to worry about.