Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New member, not new to peformance though!

Old 04-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New member, not new to peformance though!

Hello everyone, I'm considering buying a Crossfire soon, but I want to make an informed decision, which is why I've joined here! I look forward to learning more about these cars, and getting to know ya'll!

My current cars are a 2000 BMW M5, and a 1988 325i, if you've noticed the trend, BMW has been my life up until now

Old 04-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New member, not new to peformance though!

if you are a big HP guy look at the srt6 which has supercharger and does 330hp, the regular crossfire has same engine without supercharger 215hp.

the regular one has plenty of power to pickup and move, amazing in handling and looks are subjective since some prefer the regular and some prefer the srt.

for modding the regular crossfire they make a kit that will make the car jump up to 250hp, 265hp or 300hp running N/A.

they are also in the process of making a 3.8l shortblock for the car which will do about 400hp before forced induction.

srt6 main upgrades are pulley, intake, manifolds, exhaust, injectors...etc

overall amazing car to drive, gets tons of look even more than the bmw m series, handles awsome, plenty of torque, gas mileage and and forgot the most important part value. Mercedes quality for chrysler pricing lolz.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by faiz23
if you are a big HP guy look at the srt6 which has supercharger and does 330hp, the regular crossfire has same engine without supercharger 215hp.

the regular one has plenty of power to pickup and move, amazing in handling and looks are subjective since some prefer the regular and some prefer the srt.

for modding the regular crossfire they make a kit that will make the car jump up to 250hp, 265hp or 300hp running N/A.

overall amazing car to drive, gets tons of look even more than the bmw m series, handles awsome, plenty of torque, gas mileage and and forgot the most important part value. Mercedes quality for chrysler pricing lolz.
Where could I get some info on these packages? My next thread was going to be about performance
I'm not big into FI, I prefer an NA motor...

Old 04-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryans E39
Where could I get some info on these packages? My next thread was going to be about performance
I'm not big into FI, I prefer an NA motor...
www.tvtdesign.com

www.needswings.com

Old 04-18-2009, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by nox1s
Thanks for the links! Looks like you can make this quite the little devil

Old 04-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...hlight=tvt+300

TVT DESIGNS

Sorry to keep bringing out mods for you guys, but if you were able to drive my car you would understand it is so worth it.

I had a customer stop in on Monday with a Turbo Civic (Fully built block, 12 psi, etc.) ranting and raving about how hard the car hit. I took him for a drive in the Crossfire and scared the Sh*t out of him. It's not SRT fast, but that 1-2 and 2-3 shift sends the car sideways.

We've secured a pretty good partnership with a local shop that does mostly race car tuning. The owner brings a whole new wealth of info to the development of our products. A lot of our recent offerings have been heavily researched and determined necessary for our final goal.

On the stock displacement we are stopping at 300 HP, but our 3.8L, 12:1 compression, Iron sleeved, Forged Piston, motor is almost done. So yea, we'll keep you guys busy under the hood.

We will sell it with low comp (9.5:1) and high comp (12:1). It will come as a short block completely assembled, a long block with ported and polished heads and intake, and a complete engine assembly with too much to list.

Our goal for the engine is 400 HP with a DD tune and non-lopey idle.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:52 PM

Wow, I wonder if anyone will be making aftermarket cams for it, like Schrick does for just about any bimmer?
The only thing keeping me back on one is the styling of the rear... it almost looks like the designers got lazy and just rounded it off... I guess I'll look for some body kits and see if anything catches my eye..

Old 04-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

The only thing keeping me back on one is the styling of the rear... it almost looks like the designers got lazy and just rounded it off...
Just don't say it looks like a dog having a dump. Them's fighting words around this forum.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Just don't say it looks like a dog having a dump. Them's fighting words around this forum.
Ok, I'll choose my words carefully

Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I'll choose my words carefully
and p.s

you will find zero body kits.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by nox1s
and p.s

you will find zero body kits.
Found that out pretty quickly lol, that's unfortunate...

Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 AM

Ryan there is Startech which has some upgrades as well as cam's here's a link to them they offer a front spoiler and two rear spoilers one high and one lower, Check it out. There is also two different version of the rear diffusers that I have seen one from Mopar and one from another vendor CTD http://www.ctd-germany.com/shop/Chry...sid=snijqnsyhy they also sell some of the Startech pieces as well. Hope this helps.

Sean

Last edited by Sean760; 04-27-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:52 AM

Code:

Sean760
Ryan there is Startech which has some upgrades as well as cam's here's a link to them they offer a front 
spoiler and two rear spoilers one high and one low the lower one is nice in that it has a raised lip that 
molds our with our fold up wing. Check it out. There is also two different version of the rear diffusers 
that I have seen one from Mopar and one from another vendor 
CTD http://www.ctd-germany.com/shop/Chry...sid=snijqnsyhy they also sell some of the Startech pieces 
as well. Hope this helps.
Sean,

I have done quite a bit of research for a front spoiler and the one from Startech does not exist. I have contacted their US distributer and he talked directly with Startech. The mold for the front spoiler was broken several years ago and they are not going to offer it again.

Startech's suggestion was to find someone with an existing spoiler (are you listening MAYAman?) and have a new mold made from it. So far no one has been willing to provide their spoiler for such a purpose.

The other alternative we have is to beg, bribe or some how convince our friends at JR Industries to take this on as their next project after the AMG side skirt project. Come on Jonney and Rudy!

The simple fact is that our car is an orphaned and out of production vehicle with an aftermarket of less than eighty thousand units. So if we are going to get any aftermarket body work it must be funded in a similar fashion as the current AMG side skirt project, out of our own pockets.

I for one am in line with my check book willing to do my part. Not to throw water on your post but from my investigations over the last several years this is the only way this is going to happen...

Stay safe...

Respectfully,

Paul (MisterTaz)

Old 04-27-2009, 09:59 AM

Ah good to know Paul well there is always the SRT-6 front spoiler then if you are looking to buy a coupe or limited. There are a few options out there not many and the german pieces are a bit pricey.

If your going with an SRT to start Ryan then they already have a fixed rear wing and the most add on wise would probably be either of the rear diffusors off CTD(The mopar one can be bought local) in my opinion there custom one looks better then the Mopar piece.