Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

any WA members???

Old 05-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any WA members???

Hello,
I am trying to buy a XFire, have one picked out, but would like some one to take a look at it with me. Any one like near seattle, WA or even better Oak Harbor/Burlington, WA. I am a US MARINE and we pay for help through the barter system, beer or lunch if interested. contact me at nicholas.hall-obrien@navy.mil or feel free to call 360-720-8599 Thanks for your time

Err
Sgt O'Brien

Old 05-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Default Re: any WA members???

I'll come go see it with you, but won't have any expertise to speak of to advise. Just driven lots of other cars...

Any openings for a casual observer from Woodinville?

aaron

Old 05-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I could take a drive up to Oak Harbor. It is beautiful up there. By the way, it happens to be infested with SAILORS!

MikeR
US NAVY
'68-'74

Old 05-26-2009, 07:34 PM

Gents my number is posted and i appreciate the repsonses. I need some one his has atleast a little bit of mechanical exposure to this vehicle so if that's you feel free to give me a call and i mean no disrespect...the car drives great, so i dont need help in that dept. however there are some minor flaws with the vehicle i'm looking at and that's where i need the help. I'm not familiar with Ben'z or Chrysler so that's where the assistance is necessary.

flaws
1. there is some chipped paint on the passenger door that has a little rust under it...is this going to be a major issue???
2. the speedo seems to move in 5MPH incraments is that supposed to happen cuz if it is IVE NEVER SEEN IT AND I'VE DRIVEN EVERYTHING FROM TURCKS TO BIKES AND BACK AGAIN.
3. just anything else that i might need to be looking for that i havent seen.

i'm a Marine this isn't a huge purchase for me but it is one i'm taking seriously and i dont have all the necessary recon to advance on this BUT I'M FALLING IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR AND WANT TO MAKE SURE I'M DOING THE RIGHT/SMART THING...thanks again for all the help.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nick,
The speedodometer works just like any other one you have seen. I would be worried if it dosent just make a nice smooth sweep.

In addition to chips with rust on the outside, open the door and pull the gasket at the bottom out a little and see if there is rust under it. That is a common point. Make sure the owner is okay with that. Putting the gasket back isnt hard but you need to be sure to get is seated back in there. If he has rust on the door surfaces, I would say he hasnt been taking great care of his car. Are the headlights nice and clear, no haze? Fog lights okay, center caps not laying in the bottom of the lens? Tires wearing evenly, no alignment issues? Has the car be lowered? If so, did they do a camber realignment?

These are GREAT cars and you may want to look at a few others and find one that you REALLY feel good about.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM

Mike,
again i appreciate the help...the headlights do have fog on them, but i remember (and keep in mind these are Marines we're talking about) someone taking toothpaste to the headlight covers and clearing that right up.

i dont really know if the vehicle has been lowered..there is a sticker on the windsheild for EIBACH so i know something has been done to the suspension, either that or the owner has a sticker fetish..lol. the vehicle drives beautifully though.

he also said that he had replaced the rear tires and not the front ones, correct me if i'm wrong but dont you wear more on the front then you do the rear...? unless you drive a silverado ss like me and happen to love the smell of burnt rubber?---get where i'm going?

i dont know it just seems that there are all these little issues....but with 38k miles and asking $10k does it seems worth it? i'm still leaning towards yes.

but keep in mind if i do get this her Highness ends up with my SS because originally we were shopping for her..oops...lol.
but i'm sure she'll settle for the truck..

i'm going to talk to the guy again tonight and bring all this up. and see if he'll fold to reason..

Mike again you've been a great help....a beer and sea stories are in order.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Forum Regular

Hey Nick!
I'm in Kent, WA. I actually have a lowered crossfire so if you want we can meet up and compare. As well as go out for a cruise!

If you havn't purchased the vehicle yet I can definitely help you. I torn this car out from the inside to the outside. I know how to take off mostly everything from experience. I'm one of those kinds of guys that takes things apart and some times it turns out better then before and some times you just have to buy a new one. Very experimental as you can say...

Just let me know what's going on!

-Gdrag