Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Inspiring your modifications

Old 06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Inspiring your modifications

Has anyone had a car in your past or present that inspired how you have personalized your Crossfire? For me, in 1979 I was 17 when Chrysler released a special 300 limited edition of their Cordoba. I thought it was the coolest car in contrast to the Z28's and Trans Ams that my teen friends were drooling over (ah the days before Subaru and Honda captured the souls of American Youth).

So, after buying an Alabaster Coupe, I thought I would have a little fun and bring the "1979 Chrysler style" to my plain ol' white Crossfire. In the disco-era, automotive class was all about applied-luxury..decals, emblems, and hood ornaments galore. Landau roofs...was there a 2 door without one back then? LOL Fortunately the Crossfire lines don't suite Vinyl roof application very well...or do they? LOL

Anyway, I had fun creating my 2004 Crossfire WP Chrysler Edition, 1 of 1...LOL I might have the only Crossfire with a hood ornament hehehe. The thumbnails will open to reveal bigger pics of my Bell-Bottomed Crossfire.

Chris

Old 06-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Inspiring your modifications

you could say that.. AMX AMXSRT-6006.jpg

Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You need to check out the hood scoop on +FIREAMX's car

Old 06-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd probably say that my style in modding has come from my time around VWs and Audi--and the occasional BMW. I prefer a clean look for my cars. It is sometimes called OEM plus, euro style, or in asian car circles often referred to as JDM. I like the look of those types of cars, but I personally minimize the crazy tire/wheel fitments that lead the stretched tires that poke out of the wheel well.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Boy are you in for it......

Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 PM

Ok, I edited this.

The pin-stripe looks cool

Last edited by cgocifer; 06-02-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

always wondered what a pin strip down the side would look like....

Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
always wondered what a pin strip down the side would look like....
I was concerned about the transition where the body crease "crosses" over, but it really worked out ok. From people on the street, I get a lot of positive comments about the look. In Charleston, SC there are several Crossfires, but I have not noticed anyone really driving anything but stock. I also did a little dress up of the engine cover. With the red paint, people usually say Wow upon opening the hood. I also used some chrome flexible molding to create a tie-in to the Chrysler winged emblem. It's hard to see in the photo, but I edged the indentations of the cover with white pin stripping. Up close it looks fairly nice.

The next project will be in the installation of a NOS Rockford-Fosgate branded audiophile-quality CD Headunit made by Denon. I'm hunting down a Denon emblem because when I think Rockford-Fosgate I think of booming subwoofers on pimped out Escalades...LOL Denon better fits the Chrysler/Mercedes image I think. The headunit is actually brushed metal and feels like a million bucks. The finish should go well in the interior...I am hoping.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Ahh yes - Ricardo and that soft "Corinthian" leather......

YouTube - 1975 Chrysler Cordoba

Old 06-02-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Ahh yes - Ricardo and that soft "Corinthian" leather......

YouTube - 1975 Chrysler Cordoba
LOL Yes! And Ricardo choked every time the Chrysler marketing folks made him pronounce it Cor DOOO ba instead of the proper CORdaba. My Dad was a Chrysler exec at the time and said it was an issue in Highland Park at the time...LOL

But then I recall seeing the first Pontiac LeMans advert where they tell people in the print copy to mispronouce the word as Le Manz instead of Le Moh. Well if you ever lived in Detroit you'd understand how things like that happen. hehe

Chris

Old 06-02-2009, 10:45 PM

I'm not sure about other models inspiring mods, but if it's to be then I guess I'm from the Jeep Wagoneer school of inspiration. My dad had one when I was a kid, I've had two of my own... Should I go with the wood grain paneling and orange **** carpet?

Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by RedMountain
I'm not sure about other models inspiring mods, but if it's to be then I guess I'm from the Jeep Wagoneer school of inspiration. My dad had one when I was a kid, I've had two of my own... Should I go with the wood grain paneling and orange **** carpet?
the carpet ofcourse, LOL but then you could go with the AMC center caps on the wheels,, i think they fit. jim

Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Forum Regular

Oooh - now I DO like that pinstripe running along the side. Subtle, but at the same time rather nice. Reminds me of my Morris Minor which had a pin stripe down the side.

I’m considering what I can do to personalise mine - I see a lot of chrome, and I think you can over do it. I’d like to do something subtle - enough to make it different, but not too much. As Bauhaus maestro Ludwig Mies van der Rohe said, “less is more”.

The shape and lines of the car is enough to be going with. Maybe some very subtle coach lining is all that is needed. I must ponder this idea more. Thanks for the idea.

I have my 3D model kicking around. I can think with that.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:40 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

That pin stipe is DYN-O-MITE !!! LOL....you are going to love that head unit. I would not debage the RF logo...may be a collectors item some day. They did not make many of those and the sold even less!!

I do not know why I keep wanting to say "Whatchu talking 'bout Willis? "

Old 06-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that blue tt looks sick with the s class wheels.. I want to find a set of those now!

Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Forum Regular

I have to say it... UGGGG. Enjoy your travel back in time. I prefer the present. The Crossfire is stunning with it's clean / classic lines and needs no dressing.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

[quote=Hairydalek]Oooh - now I DO like that pinstripe running along the .............

As Bauhaus maestro Ludwig Mies van der Rohe said, “less is more”. ..........

quote]
If less is more why didn't he shorten his name?
To something like Lou Roe.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AllEuro
I'd probably say that my style in modding has come from my time around VWs and Audi--and the occasional BMW. I prefer a clean look for my cars. It is sometimes called OEM plus, euro style, or in asian car circles often referred to as JDM. I like the look of those types of cars, but I personally minimize the crazy tire/wheel fitments that lead the stretched tires that poke out of the wheel well.
Let me see if I can get this correct, but I have provided a few examples of the types of looks I am hoping to bring to the crossfire. A couple on this forum seem to have already hit almost dead on, the look I am after. Here are the pics (hopefully!):

corradojet.jpg

As you can see, it's all about ride height, wheel choice, the proper offset, and clean body lines. Doesn't matter if you drive an econo car, muscle car, or pricey sports car.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I suppose the inspirations for my Crossfire "Mods" have been well documented here on the forum.
BigBadGreen?s 1970 AMC AMX Photo 3 - 1970 AMX Photo Gallery ? Car Craft

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...4-deja-vu.html

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...es-2-cars.html

With there only being three of us who own an AMX, and possibly only 2 or three more who once did, we're probably the only ones (on the forum) who actually "get it".

Last edited by +fireamx; 06-04-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
I suppose the inspirations for my Crossfire "Mods" have been well documented here on the forum.
BigBadGreen?s 1970 AMC AMX Photo 3 - 1970 AMX Photo Gallery ? Car Craft

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...4-deja-vu.html

With there only being three of us who own an AMX, and possibly only 2 or three more who once did, we're probably the only ones (on the forum) who actually "get it".
yes,, and you should see how many people at the track that say "AMX" my dad had one of those,

Quick Reply: Inspiring your modifications