Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

No test drives

Old 10-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No test drives

:cry: My local Chrysler dealer will not allow a test drive of the crossfire.
I am affraid the crossfire will meet an early death if the dealers abuse the sales practices like the ford dealers did with the thunderbird. The crossfire is not intended to be a specialty vehicle like the prowler was. It is a mass produced vehicle and will get the axe if the dealers don't move them as Daimler Chrysler expects. I love this car and would like it to stick around and evolve.

Old 10-03-2003, 04:51 PM

Find another dealer I didn't purchase mine from the nearest dealer. Let the dealer suffer because you buy from somewhere else. Thats the best way to teach them a lesson

Old 10-03-2003, 05:29 PM

My dealer in CT had no hesitation allowing my wife and I taking their X-fire out for an extended test drive. We left the dealership yard at about 6 PM and they only asked us to have it back by 8, as they were closing at that hour.
Took that car for a real "run" on both the side roads and the interstate. I do not think that the salesman would have appreciated this road test, if he had come along

Old 10-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You had better luck than I did in CT. When I was looking back in June I found VERY few and couldn't get a test ride in the few I found. And the nearest place was doing a "closed offer" sale for 30 days. Highest offer got it. I went to ebay and bought my ssb auto from a Kansas dealer. No problems so far and I love it. I did keep my Jeep for winters.

Old 10-04-2003, 11:49 AM
Forum Regular

I never test drove mine--but mine was one of the first. By now you should be able to call around and tell them you will buy if you like the ride.

Old 10-04-2003, 08:02 PM

My local dealer allowed me to test drive a red crossfire yesterday. He even said I could drive it by myself. This person didn't even know how the outside mirrors were adjusted so he had to go get the manual to find out how they were adjusted :lol: . Working on a deal to get car below sticker but with a 7/70 bumper-to-bumper extended warrenty that would equal the original sticker price. Keep you fingers CROSSed. They don't have black though so they will have to get one from another dealer.

Regards,

Old 10-04-2003, 08:26 PM
kusheen
Default come to Baltimore

Two dealers in our area are letting you test drive, AND they're both advertising in the paper new 6 speeds for $33.6K. They DO try to determine if you're serious, but you can drive the cars.

Old 10-05-2003, 08:09 AM

Ran into the same problem they wouldn'let use test drive it either,all you could do was sit in it and see if you could fit but like tex these were the first ones out

Old 10-05-2003, 04:42 PM
BKH

I agree that you should find another dealer. I just stopped by my local dealer in Denver (John Elway Chrysler - yes, he owns car dealerships here (they're actually AutoNation)) and they could not have been more cooperative in letting me drive the only Crossfire they had in stock. It was a good decision on their part; I had no intention of buying anything that day, but I could not leave without buying the car!

Old 10-09-2003, 08:15 PM

I had one of the purchase pending test drive situations. And, I don't mind the policy.

I went to the dealer and they had one in stock (I was surprised, for a rural dealership) they had a black auto, told them I was quite serious but I didn't want their floor model, regardless of the test drive (SSB Manual, all the way).

They asked me to fill out a app, which the dealer held unsigned until the test drive. They then traded with another dealer (next state over) for the SSB Manual they had in stock.

As a result, I test drove the trans I wanted (unaccompanied), and it had just under 15 miles on it when I got into it. And, it only took two days.

Old 10-10-2003, 10:35 AM

When you see the cars advertised cheaper...all the dealer is doing is subtracting the destination charge, and then they'll add it back in.

Just a heads up.

pat