Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

last minute surprises

Old 10-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default last minute surprises

Having a chat with our corporate bloke who had been talking to somebody @ DCUK - the rumour was the first major batch of cars were sitting at the factory waiting to be moved.
Next little surprise is if you have ordered a X fire in Blaze, Sapphire or Graphite - speak to your dealer - there is a unpleasant surprise waiting for you to the tune of 400. [/b]

Old 10-22-2003, 01:47 PM

What,are they know going to charge extra for metallic or gloss finish?
Is this why no-one at Chrysler is giving anyone a price?
The way I've been treated so far,they're goin be shoving that bill where the sun don't shine.

Old 10-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Forum Regular
Default gordon?

Gordon,

I suggest that may be the straw that breaks etc.....
28.5k for the auto is way over priced with 400 for the paint i could buy a 3.2V6 TT and that is much better value are DCX really taking us for fools

Sales in the US are very poor so a high price in the UK is bound to help? or are DCX looking to kill off the xfire quickly!

Don't know who you can pass on a mssg to but they need to add equipment not take it away!

Old 10-22-2003, 06:19 PM

Gordon,
Any chance your corporate bloke can give us an email address of someone @DCUK who can give answers instead of two fingers?

Old 10-23-2003, 09:24 AM

I dunno about you guys but there not getting a bean over the 28500 they quoted me for the auto & if everybody says the same thing I dont see what they can do but let us have them at the prices originally quoted. After waiting almost a year and being told at first that it was likely to be around 24000 then losing the order now its late into the country they can kiss my hair ar*e Il go buy a boxter instead. When we placed the order they were full of promises like you will recieve updates every fortnight to let you know how its progressing & every time I speak to the dealer he knows less than us. yesterday he rang to tell me the launch date 3 days after Chrysler wrote to me telling me the 15th november and he thought it was hot news as they had only just told him, even that il believe when I see it. Its been poorly handled from day one if I ran my business like that id be signing on the dole in no time. But if we all stand firm on pricing when it comes to delivery it would turn the tables on them a bit

Old 10-23-2003, 09:35 AM

Hey at least you got a letter!, I've received and heard nothing!

Old 10-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Forum Regular
Default hmmm

dealers know very little, they just aren't being told whats going on!
But one things sure if the Xfire auto is over 28.5k with your choice of paint then i will expect an equal discount on list price....fairs fair when you've had a price list in the post for 28.5k some months ago.

Whats next 5k for an engine? 1k for each wheel come on DCX isn't it time you gave up trying to extract the last pennies from us?

LP

Old 10-24-2003, 06:52 AM
Default At least I know I'll be driving one soon

Hi all

I'm as gutted that pricing on special paint is to be added, all I can say is that enough customers complain - something may be done !. I feel that something should have been said at release of pricing of the car.

Dealer training commences on Tuesday of which we have now learned that there will be xfire & competitors cars to try. Demo's will be out if we're lucky enough to get one in the first 10 days of November.

Good news is at least we know xfire is in the country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2003, 09:38 AM

Hi Gordon, I take it your at a dealership then? If you are do your customers know yet and are you going to tell them before they turn up? If your going to the launch are you going to mention to dcuk that people are considering cancelling because of the extra cost of paint?
I went to Canary Wharf earlier in the year to see the car in the flesh and I more or less interogated the poor girl on the stand to get as much info as poss and she had quite a comprehensive pack on the car with specs, dimensions, pricing etc and there was no mention of paintwork costs she just kept telling me its fully loaded and there will be two prices one for manual and one for auto, so if they do try and charge us for the paintwork I can see a few motoring magazines recieving letters from very unhappy customers and I would have thought bad press is the last thing they need at the moment

Old 10-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Forum Regular

SPEECHLESS

Old 10-25-2003, 03:59 AM

ops: Is someone winding some up or what

I have now been given a price and quotes for Contract Hire and Straight purchase and HP with a ballon, These prices have come from flet hire companies "THE BIG BOYS" and from Chrysler Themselves. Every one of them has stated the same price for my Silver Auto XFire and the prices are gauranteed No small print of "MAY BE HIGHER" Has anyone bothere to ask DC by email "28.500 is my price and no metion of extra cost for paint job. And my price includes Blacked out windows and Tetra protection.

:shock: 8)

Old 10-25-2003, 04:59 AM

Whats 'Tetra' Protection?.

I also queried the price and have simply been told it hasn't changed. My dealer knew nothing about extra costs for metallic?.

I have a feeling that whilst they may change the overall price [ which looks unlikely ] they quoted metallic paint as standard all along. From a legal point of view I woundn't have thought they could move the goal posts.

Old 10-25-2003, 05:06 AM
Default Pricing

Hi All

All 5 customers have been informed of the 'manufacturers' retail price for a long time, of those 5 - 3 have ordered special paint. They have all been informed of an addtional cost for the option - none are happy at this moment in time, I can see it being a big problem if the car's don't arrive on time.

There is an old motor trade saying which is 'bottoms in seats sells cars', as long as Xfire drives as well as it looks, the 400 quid will be overwritten by the desire to own. I know this no comfort for those who have had an order in for a long time, but I will be making alot of unhappy noises about the sudden desire to increase pricing at such a late date.

Harry - Good price quoted including your options - stick with your dealer, has anyone else had anything quoted other than list for their new car !.

I will try to keep you all as up to date as possible, feel free to post any other questions & I'll try to answer them. But as car salesman & women are a dying breed - please don't shoot the messenger !!!!!

Old 10-25-2003, 05:10 AM

Your 'Inside Knowledge' is a great benefit to the Forum, so no chance of being shot!.

Have they announced any changes to the UK spec?? or is it as US with just rear fogs etc?

Old 10-25-2003, 07:14 AM
Default Updates

Will know by Tuesday if there has been any changes (hopefully), had heard wheels & engine were being made cost option ! ha - ha.

Last comment was a joke I promise !!!!!