Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Parts (lack there of)

Old 01-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Parts (lack there of)

Just joined the Chrysler Advisory Board and listed the following as par of my Bio. (hope others join as well. Perhaps we can be the largest voice there)

I am a proud owner of a 2005 Crossfire SRT6. By far and away the best car I have owned. I traded a BMW in on this car.
This car is my pride and joy. I have taken it to various driving events and entered numerous car shows.
I purchased this car for its unique combination of style and performance. I have not been disappointed with either.
It is a shame the "old" Chrysler did not know what to do with it. Amazing that it reached production in the first place, but even more amazing was how poorly it was handled by both the "old" Chrysler and their dealership base.
The performance of the car could easily have won it cult status similar to the Viper, but with far greater sales and at an affordable price to reach many more than the Viper could. It could have been Chrysler's Halo car much as Viper is to Dodge.
A complete and total misuderstanding of the specialty 2 seater market and production numbers more related to an economy car caused a glut of available 2 seater cars in a segment that is best known for its exclusivity. Ironically the exclusive status has been bestowed on it by accident. Those who own one know what I mean.
I am a member of one of the most active auto forums on the internet (crossfireforum.org) and a member of the Crossfire International Car Club.
While I plan to keep my Crossfire, it would be nice to see an evolutionary step to a future product that could instill the same emotions.
As a product of the Daimler Chrysler merger, it was outstanding. I am sure that because it was a better product than then Mercedes Benz vehicle it was spawned from, parent Mercedes Benz attempted to retroactively abort its "*******" child.
The Chrysler engineers who took an attractive nicely performing old design and breathed new life, unique styling and superior performance in creating the Crossfire should have been recognized for their stellar achievement. Instead of realizing the "art" of this fine vehicle they overproduced it and caused its early demise.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amx1397
why don;t we get a petition from all 2 to 3000 of us and send it to PRES Obama rembember he said all warranties would be honored, LIER,,, jim
i'm pretty sure the Crossfire was declared dead before Obama took office and before Chrysler went bankrupt.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. F
i'm pretty sure the Crossfire was declared dead before Obama took office and before Chrysler went bankrupt.
Some of our warranties are still intact though, like mine.

Most of the problems here stem from the lack of body parts. Let's be honest, most of the need for new body parts are because of an accident or weather damage. Very few of us have a defective front bumper or side panel. Therefore, most of these problems would not be covered under warranty anyways.

As someone said before, however, Chrysler needs to keep a good enough stock of these parts for a good amount of time. There is a fine line between the normal delays of body work and plain negligence.

Maybe someone should spring the idea of allowing a third-party company the rights to produce these parts since they can't seem to take care of their customers. I, for one, would be fine buying from someone else as long as it met the same standards, was made from the same material, and was of the same or better quality.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:05 AM

I was checking the Chrysler Communication fb page, I love that they can answer a question about which Fiat will be sold here in the States but totally avoid our concern.

We can't just post one time we need to post every day till they address our concerns.

I posted the following:
I find interesting is that you can answer a question about a car that
really isn't a Chrysler product but you avoid addressing a question or
concern of a number of Chrysler fans that have a Chrysler Crossfire.

Chrysler Communication fb page: This is the page that the Chrysler Advisory site has a link to.
Crossfire International Car Club Inc. | Facebook

Chrysler fb page:
Crossfire International Car Club Inc. | Facebook

Chrysler Advisory Board:
https://community.chryslerlistens.com/app

Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts

I have stickied this thread and provided a link in post #1

Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 AM

Thanks Gary.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 AM

I think that we are getting under some of their skin. Got rude remarks from a chrysler dealer employee as well as an owners kid. Find it funny that they get so upset when the truth comes out.....

Old 01-13-2010, 10:37 AM

She deleted all her posts.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Forum Regular

I was under the impression that parts would have to be supplied for at least 10 years after a car is discontinued. tks

Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Forum Regular

a lot of people state that law exists and no one has provided a valid link that says it's true.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:27 PM

Finally got a reply from Chrysles FB page. They said they have not heard any news about a new crossfire design and will post as soon as they do.......Absolute garbage and a blow off. Time to step it up a notch I guess.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by radmanly
I thought Karmann used to assemble the Sebring convertible, too.
Only the retractable roof module.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by radmanly
I thought Karmann used to assemble the Sebring convertible, too.
Only the convertible top itself.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading through this thread I got to wondering... about two summers ago I was in the process of calling around to local dealers, trying to get the best rate for a new key/key fob for my crossfire. I let that go by-the-by and never followed through on purchasing one (as you have to take the car into the dealership and pay some $150 to $300 odd bucks and then wait three weeks to have it delivered.

Now... I am realizing, with only one key left - will I be permanently locked out of my car if I lose my key? Now that Karmann is closed, is there a separate manufacturer for Mercedes Benz keys? There must be. Has anyone run into this problem/ordered a key fob since Chrysler went bankrupt and cut itself off from suppliers?

Old 01-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mrobinso
After reading through this thread I got to wondering... about two summers ago I was in the process of calling around to local dealers, trying to get the best rate for a new key/key fob for my crossfire. I let that go by-the-by and never followed through on purchasing one (as you have to take the car into the dealership and pay some $150 to $300 odd bucks and then wait three weeks to have it delivered.

Now... I am realizing, with only one key left - will I be permanently locked out of my car if I lose my key? Now that Karmann is closed, is there a separate manufacturer for Mercedes Benz keys? There must be. Has anyone run into this problem/ordered a key fob since Chrysler went bankrupt and cut itself off from suppliers?
Interested as well, I'm in the same dilemma.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Go to your local Chrysler dealer with proof of ownership and VIN (or the car) and they should be able to order a key. Then program it using the instructions in this forum.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:18 PM

The following is the response we got from Chrysler on the Chrysler Communication fb page in regard to the lack of body parts .

1st. post:
Hello Mike and other Crossifire owners. I'm looking into it and I hope to have some answers/resources for you soon. Sorry about the delay.

1hr. later:
Crossfire owners, I asked around about the issues some of you have raised regarding parts. I think the best place to start would be with the new Brand Customer Care toll-free line for Chrysler, which is 800-CHRYSLER (800-247-9753). Again, apologies for the delay and I hope the folks operating those lines can help you with your specific parts needs. Please have your VIN and dealer info ready so they can assist you.

I'm sure we know where this will get us.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by acrispy1
The following is the response we got from Chrysler on the Chrysler Communication fb page in regard to the lack of body parts .

1st. post:
Hello Mike and other Crossifire owners. I'm looking into it and I hope to have some answers/resources for you soon. Sorry about the delay.

1hr. later:
Crossfire owners, I asked around about the issues some of you have raised regarding parts. I think the best place to start would be with the new Brand Customer Care toll-free line for Chrysler, which is 800-CHRYSLER (800-247-9753). Again, apologies for the delay and I hope the folks operating those lines can help you with your specific parts needs. Please have your VIN and dealer info ready so they can assist you.

I'm sure we know where this will get us.
Hurray. More of the run-around.

He might as well of told you to go f yourself.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Default Re: Parts (lack there of) New Keys

All,
I emailed my VIN to the dealer (Ontario JCD, Ontario, CA.) service manager (Kirk Irvine). Other dealerships may require proof of ownership as well. The Mercedes key operation is outta Fort Worth, TX. (I believe). Cost was approx $175.00. It comes programmed to your VIN/ECU. You'll only need to program the remote entry as outlined here on the forum.

Tim

Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shapeshifter309
Hurray. More of the run-around.

He might as well of told you to go f yourself.

That stands for go Fiat yourself huh

Kinda funny how american auto manufactors are all banging their head against the wall (of the banks) trying to keep up with imports and "bring the public back home to good ol USA iron, yet they take a dump on the very people that have never left home in the first place. They seem to have have so much financial dog crap on their shoe that they dont want "us" to raise the subject of inspecting their other shoe!

Ive got that same feeling after a car salesman acts all phoney like he's my new best friend until I sign. Then go back 2 months later to get treated like I'm some inconvience that he'd rather forget.

You can bet that if the media covers our big GTG this summer, the great folks at Chrysler will be stepping over themselves to milk some credit for it and the "spectacular car" they no doubt will be proud of then. Im hoping to get myself on camera to explain how "helpful " they have been to us.

Quick Reply: Parts (lack there of)