Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Parts (lack there of)

Old 08-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Parts (lack there of)

I've been also waiting for a replacement hood for two weeks now, my shop was told that there is no estimate delivery dates. This is very frustrating to say the least!

Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zzj0770
I've been also waiting for a replacement hood for two weeks now, my shop was told that there is no estimate delivery dates. This is very frustrating to say the least!
I saw a brand new genuine one on ebay recently.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. F
i'm pretty sure the Crossfire was declared dead before Obama took office and before Chrysler went bankrupt.
You completely missed Jim's point obviously; obama is the one who promised to ensure the maintenance of warranties if he was allowed to do the bailout funding for the big three.

PP

Old 09-21-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. F
i'm pretty sure the Crossfire was declared dead before Obama took office and before Chrysler went bankrupt.
One other point; Chrysler did not file bankruptcy until after Obama had been in office, not that he had anything to do with that other than give a lot of money away, which is something he has been outstanding in doing.

PP

Old 09-21-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by phyrephlyte
One other point; Chrysler did not file bankruptcy until after Obama had been in office, not that he had anything to do with that other than give a lot of money away, which is something he has been outstanding in doing.

PP
I know, I resurrected an aging thread, but I have nothing better to do this afternoon.
Besides my Crossfire is in for body repair and only needs a headlight replacement. This however made me interested in this thread since it could have been the hood as well.

Oh well,
PP

Old 09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have been waiting a couple of weeks on a turn signal piece...I finally repaired the old one for now...hopefully I will get the new one some day....it is what it is...

Old 01-21-2011, 12:32 PM

Hi, just tought you all would like to know I'm trying to get soom wheels made specialy for the Xfire
and would like to know if anbody was interested or even had a particular model. This won't be before spring but have to get things ready for the fabricator.
edesilets@videotron.ca let me know

P.S. with permision maybe we can incorperate the logo

Old 02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Default Finished at last

I posted here last summer after hitting a deer in June. It took 3 months to get the parts needed to get the car back on the road but I still didn’t have the emblem on the hood. It finally came in last week and the repair is finally complete. Total time to get the car repaired – 8 months.
I don't know if that encourages anyone still waiting or not.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Finished at last

Originally Posted by Johnnie
I posted here last summer after hitting a deer in June. It took 3 months to get the parts needed to get the car back on the road but I still didn’t have the emblem on the hood. It finally came in last week and the repair is finally complete. Total time to get the car repaired – 8 months.
I don't know if that encourages anyone still waiting or not.
What all did you need replaced? I got a hood and SRT6 front bumper within a week or two. Last year I bought replacement emblems for the front and rear of the car in very little time. Then again, I haven't dealt with things like radiator supports or quarter panels either.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Forum Regular

I'm surprised you got a hood that quickly. Was it new or salvage?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by radmanly
I'm surprised you got a hood that quickly. Was it new or salvage?
Brand new. I bought it from chrysler parts direct. Awesome guys to deal with and good prices. I also got a replacement air pump for the tires in about a week, as well as a few trim bolts and caps. The only issue I had getting parts for the crossfire was finding another grille, which I wanted to use to get painted black to match the rest of the car.

Maybe the body shop guys aren't dealing with the right people? I'll be buying another front emblem in a month or two, so we'll see how that goes.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Coming back here and sifting through some threads I posted in a while back, I am amazed and disappointed to read that there is still a serious shortage of Crossfire parts available. I always thought (don't really know why I thought this) that the part shortage was only a temporary result of the upheaval of Chrysler after the Daimler split and closure of Karmann. I hope that all of you Crossfire owners waiting on parts get what you need soon. There is a fellow C55 owner over on MBWorld.org Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Community who is looking into buying a Crossfire this summer and has asked for any pointers I might have for him. I highly recommended the car to him, but I may point him to this thread so as to tell him, "So long as you don't get into an accident, it will be smooth sailing for you!".

Old 03-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrobinso
I highly recommended the car to him, but I may point him to this thread so as to tell him, "So long as you don't get into an accident, it will be smooth sailing for you!".
Let him know that not only might crossfire-specific parts be hard to come by (though I haven't had any problems myself), but Chrysler may not honor the warranty they have on the car. I'm right in the middle of a factory warranty claim with chrysler and after a week of the dealer calling corporate, supposedly no one has gotten back to the dealer to approve the warranty work. Does it really take a week to return a phone call about whether they will cover something or not? Seriously?

I'm very close to dumping my crossfire and buying a Z, especially if I don't get any resolution on this. And I will likely never buy another Chrysler product again.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AllEuro
Let him know that not only might crossfire-specific parts be hard to come by (though I haven't had any problems myself), but Chrysler may not honor the warranty they have on the car. I'm right in the middle of a factory warranty claim with chrysler and after a week of the dealer calling corporate, supposedly no one has gotten back to the dealer to approve the warranty work. Does it really take a week to return a phone call about whether they will cover something or not? Seriously?

I'm very close to dumping my crossfire and buying a Z, especially if I don't get any resolution on this. And I will likely never buy another Chrysler product again.
I'm not all that happy with Chrysler either, but not because of my Crossfire, but instead because of how they treated me on a simple warranty claim on my new Town and Country Limited. Oddly, I bought my XFire used (I bought it form the original owner and it had very low mileage) and I had the horrid tranny connectro leak but unbeleivably, it was still under the 7/70 powertrain warranty (about a month left - mileage wasn't an issue) and they covered it.

As far as parts, I know it's not optimal, and I'm not sure what type of parts are at issue for you right now, but I seem to see used parts all over the web, including body parts and panels, etc. Luckily I haven't needed anything yet, including mechanicals, but I'm expecting if I do, the farther down the path we head, the more we'll have to look for them, or for a specialized fabricator................. I'm not looking foward to that.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
As far as parts, I know it's not optimal, and I'm not sure what type of parts are at issue for you right now, but I seem to see used parts all over the web, including body parts and panels, etc.
It's a real simple part. The rubber boot that covers the wiring between the body and the hatch. You can't buy it without the $2500 wiring harness that the boot covers. So that is the problem--will Chrysler cover the replacement? Assuming the dealer is actually following up on this, corporate isn't returning any calls on the matter.

So yeah, if you know any places where I can get this stupid little boot, then please let me know. Or just places that have salvaged crossfires--I don;t think those places are terribly common. I'd rather spend $50 or whatever on a used part than deal with chrysler take their sweet old time on this.

Oh, and I only have 2k miles left on my warranty. I'm not sure it's exactly a coincidence they aren't calling back.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:54 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AllEuro
It's a real simple part. The rubber boot that covers the wiring between the body and the hatch. You can't buy it without the $2500 wiring harness that the boot covers. So that is the problem--will Chrysler cover the replacement? Assuming the dealer is actually following up on this, corporate isn't returning any calls on the matter.

So yeah, if you know any places where I can get this stupid little boot, then please let me know. Or just places that have salvaged crossfires--I don;t think those places are terribly common. I'd rather spend $50 or whatever on a used part than deal with chrysler take their sweet old time on this.

Oh, and I only have 2k miles left on my warranty. I'm not sure it's exactly a coincidence they aren't calling back.
Do a search on the forum for parting out crossfire. You'll come up with some threads on people parting out wrecked crossfires. There's a guy on here darkosto?? who has two he is parting out. Given this is an unusual part need, I bet he still has the boots. Worth a shot. There are other threads as well to check out. More and more wrecked crossfires out there (too bad) with opportunity to get these type parts. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
Do a search on the forum for parting out crossfire. You'll come up with some threads on people parting out wrecked crossfires. There's a guy on here darkosto?? who has two he is parting out. Given this is an unusual part need, I bet he still has the boots. Worth a shot. There are other threads as well to check out. More and more wrecked crossfires out there (too bad) with opportunity to get these type parts. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
Thank you, you have been quite helpful!

Old 05-01-2011, 01:10 AM

buying a 2005 XFIRE IN DAYS........SAW SOME POSTS ABOUT PARTS NOT AVAILABLE...IS THIS A DEAL KILLER ?

Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by crossfirewannabe2
buying a 2005 XFIRE IN DAYS........SAW SOME POSTS ABOUT PARTS NOT AVAILABLE...IS THIS A DEAL KILLER ?

There are many options for upkeep on any car including the unique low production models. I recently had two autos under collision work at the same time. I 'helped' my shop guy research a little even though he seems to have no problem getting what he wants and needs from Chrysler right down the street. He has a good relationship with the parts manager which I have always found to be useful.

I particularly like this site; Used Auto Parts, Car Parts. Identify what you need and within minutes you will start getting emails from all over the country for your part. It is a clearinghouse type settup and therefore it is competitive for pricing and because they want to stay in business, they want you to be happy. These are not online businesses either. I find businesses with physical locations give me a little more confidence, although I certainly do use online all the time and have had no problems.

I hope this site might be of interest and help someone.

PP

Last edited by phyrephlyte; 05-01-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by PNA
Most of the time when cars are wrecked, its usually the front end that gets it. Because of this, most of the time the front bumpers, headlites, HOOD, radiators, and front suspension parts, are garbage. Just sayin .....

Quick Reply: Parts (lack there of)