Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

rim price???????

Old 11-03-2003, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rim price???????

having a bad day. stopped by the bank on my way to the office today. when i was leaving the drive through, i scrapped the side of my wheel on the curb. it looks pretty ugly. anyone know what a new front rim will cost.

Old 11-03-2003, 02:08 PM

I Hate to tell you this.... Are you ready????

It's about $1,000.00 each!!!

Sorry I didn't make the price. I got insurance on mine through the dealer.

Old 11-03-2003, 02:23 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Depending on how bad it is, you can get it repaired. Look online for rim repair. You might even be able to get it fixed for under $100.

Old 11-03-2003, 07:31 PM
kusheen
Default I've got the same problem...

The same thing happened to me this weekend. Went to a friend's house. Had to park on the street. The leaves on the street were such that you could not tell where the curb was. I found it the hard way.

Have about an 8 inch abrasion along the lip. I know from past experience with some BBS' I had on another car that this is fixable relatively inexpensively. It's still and expense and a hassle, but it's not going to be a new wheel.

In fact, had my car in for it's first (break in) oil change today, and had the tires 'rotated' as well. The dealer recommended a wheel restoration shop that happens to only be about 6 miles from my home.

Can't say enough good stuff about the interaction with the dealer today. Everything about the experience from making/confirming the appointment, to drop off, to communication during the day, to rental car readiness (they paid), to car pick up was hassle free and professionally rendered.

Now, that said, they certainly didn't discount the OIL they poured into my crankcase...

Old 11-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Default Re: I've got the same problem...

Originally Posted by kusheen
Now, that said, they certainly didn't discount the OIL they poured into my crankcase...
Let's see. Mobil 1, with an unusual viscosity. From a dealer. What did they charge you? I'm gonna guess somewhere between $9 and $12 per quart.

Greg

Old 11-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked the price on crossfire wheels and the fronts are listed at $480 and the rears at around $500 new.

Old 11-10-2003, 04:46 PM

http://www.mobilewheelrepair.com/

they fixed mine for $95 a wheel looks like new.

Old 12-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Forum Regular

Well, it is good to hear that the things can be repaired.

I just took my car out this weekend for a good drive after over a month of just crazy busy with a business emergency.

Checked the rims at a gas station and noticed two knicks on the edge of the passenger side front and rear at exactly the same point in the circumference! Amazing I thought, then the next feeling was "Darn!".

Don't know what would have done it, it is about 1/2 inch just along the edge, no marks on the tires, pothole?

The only other thing I can think of is I took a turn into a gas station a little short and the passenger side wheels jumped the cut curb a little but the angle of the wheels should have resulted in all rubber contacting the curb.

Not noticeable unless you look very carefully at the edges of the rims but totally ruins an otherwise great driving weekend.