Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Powerchip Upgrade to my X-Fire

Old 04-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good deal.... He must have already had the file that they built for my car so he didn't have to take your ECU out and remove the chip, read it and then put it back and have you come back in after the file was created in Austria.
Did he just remove your ECU and remove the chip then read and store your original setup and then Flash the chip with the new code?

I'll bet that we have the only 2 Crossfires that they've done so far.

Old 04-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WMichaels
I'll bet that we have the only 2 Crossfires that they've done so far.
He got the file from Sonny. :wink:

Old 04-01-2004, 02:06 PM

Cool!!!

Old 04-29-2004, 12:58 AM

November, December, January, February, March, April....... How far did this guy drive and where is he now???????????

any improvements man///

You're worse than a tease.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by jmackinjersey
November, December, January, February, March, April....... How far did this guy drive and where is he now???????????

any improvements man///

You're worse than a tease.
What??? Sorry, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. :?

Old 04-29-2004, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by WMichaels
What??? Sorry, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. :?
The guy who started this thread said back in November he was gonna get it done. So... that's a while ago... I too would like to know how he likes his PowerChip so far.

Old 05-15-2004, 02:18 AM

well.....................

Old 05-15-2004, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by jmackinjersey
well.....................
I guess he's no longer with us... :cry:

Old 05-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Forum Regular

Maybe his power chip was such a great step up in performance, that he would much rather be out driving than typing about it online. :lol:

Damn.. I guess we'll never find out 8)

Old 05-16-2004, 02:38 PM

I'll pipe in here. I had the POWERCHIP GOLD 91 software upgrade to my XFIRE. Picked up 17 HP ( 20HP with the POWECHIP GOLD 93 ), went from 26-28mpg (mostly 26mpg ) to 27-29mpg ( mostly 28mpg ) on a ratio of roughly 80%freeway/20% street driving. The horsie increase is definitely noticeable, especiaaly on the freeways when I need to get around bottle-necks. For me it was definitely worthwhile. Their are threads out there concerning UPSOLUTE chip upgrade. Both do the job.

Old 05-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Default upsolute chip

Had mine chipped this weekend with the upsolute chip. I am very happy with the results, had no problems with the install. Would recommend it to anyone considering it.

Old 05-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Default Is the chip that easy to install?

The more I hear the better the chip sounds? Is it easy to install?

Old 05-16-2004, 10:41 PM
Default Re: Is the chip that easy to install?

Originally Posted by DGDanieljr1
The more I hear the better the chip sounds? Is it easy to install?
YOU won't be installing it, your Upsolute rep will do the work. Takes about an hour tops.

Unless you go the Powerchip or Renntech route. In those cases you pull out your ECU, mail it to them, and put it back in the car when they return it (2-3 days at least your car is non-functional). Unless you live near their shops.

Old 05-24-2004, 02:49 AM
Default IS it Pricy

How much are these chips, having a hard time finding it even on ebay, is it recommended to have it done profes. or is is a Home Depot deal (do-it-yourselfer). Just bought mine 3 days ago can't find diddly on this car as far as mods (w/o wiping out son's trust fund) Renntech has chip for $1,000. That is the only one I can find & can't send them the ECU either :?: :?: :!: :shock:

Old 05-24-2004, 06:03 AM
Default Re: IS it Pricy

Originally Posted by Golgola
How much are these chips, having a hard time finding it even on ebay, is it recommended to have it done profes. or is is a Home Depot deal (do-it-yourselfer). Just bought mine 3 days ago can't find diddly on this car as far as mods (w/o wiping out son's trust fund) Renntech has chip for $1,000. That is the only one I can find & can't send them the ECU either :?: :?: :!: :shock:
You can find an Upsolute rep in your area by going to www.upsolute.com. Your chip is soldiered in and must be removed and then the rep will read it stock file, save it (incase you want to go back to your stock setup) then writes the new file and reinstalls the chip. You can't do it yourself. Upsolute is charging $400 - $425.... And worth every cent

Old 05-24-2004, 07:08 PM

The Apsolute sounds like the way to go, for 400. what are your stats, if you have them (HP & Torque). I'm tired of these audi TT trying me, and I've only had the car for 4 days. thx for the website, will look into powerchip & apsolute tomorrow & tell you what was said. :roll:

Old 05-24-2004, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Golgola
The Apsolute sounds like the way to go, for 400. what are your stats, if you have them (HP & Torque). I'm tired of these audi TT trying me, and I've only had the car for 4 days. thx for the website, will look into powerchip & apsolute tomorrow & tell you what was said. :roll:
It's Upsolute and it gives you about a 12% increase in HP and torgue. If you add K&N air filters you will gain even more. It really adds to the midrange torque. For more info go to www.upsolute.com or you can do a search on this forum for Upsolute. There's a ton of info here. Enjoy

Old 05-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Forum Regular

If you go to their website you'll have to look up the information on the Mercedes Benz SLK 320. The Crossfire and the SLK320 share the same engine and powertrain, so modifications have an indentical effect.

Old 05-24-2004, 08:06 PM

Golgola.... Take my advise and ignore this "James" guy. He doesn't have a Crossfire, needless to say he doesn't have one that's been chipped. Just leave them an email, on the Upsolute site, or a post and they will get with you and set you up with a rep. in your area.

There are several of us that have had our cars chipped. If you have it done you won't be sorry. They give you a 30 day garranty. If you don't like it they will reinstall your stock settings and refund your money.

Old 05-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Forum Regular

There's a dynamometer graph of a before and after chipped Crossfire in my Album. Just click the "Album" button at the bottom of this post. It's not an Upsolute chip, but it will give you a basic visual idea of the power increase. Upsolute chips are higher quality, so you'll get slightly more power out of them. But only like 1 or 2% more ... but Upsolute is cheaper, so it's all good.

Quick Reply: Powerchip Upgrade to my X-Fire