Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Hooniverse article about the Crossfire

Old 03-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hooniverse article about the Crossfire

Originally Posted by prrc
I find the article very interesting. As many references were made to the 70s scat pack cars. Hated in there day but a prized possession today. I will have to say that owning a full service restoration/ hot rod shop. That this is what lead me to buy a crossfire. Only speculation as to the value some 25 yrs from now. But the cars did ruffle some feathers. So I will put my money on the cars having a turn around in value at about the 20yr mark. I will say this enjoy your car as it is yours. But I can tell you from collectors point of view is that any car that will bring top dollar in the future will be an unmolested original. No mods of any kind. Mods boil down to personal taste and what may be trendy today will look dated in the future.So keep all the parts you swap out. You won't be sorry if the market does take a turn for the better. A rule of thumb for a collector is and will be. "They will only be original once"
Tim
I always keep every original part just in case.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:37 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a recent Crossfire purchaser and after having the car for only two weeks all I can say is "pinch me" as I can't believe how great this car is and how well it performs.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Hooniverse article about the Crossfire

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
I'm a recent Crossfire purchaser and after having the car for only two weeks all I can say is "pinch me" as I can't believe how great this car is and how well it performs.

Yes ,the xfire is such a secret and the srt even more so. If u never had it, u don"t know, if u don"t know it ,u never had it. Danny

Old 03-20-2010, 08:33 PM

I believe you are accurate as far as collectors wanting original cars, however, watching the TV auctions has led me to the belief that a well done "resto-mod" can bring big bucks as well.

That said, and as much as it pains me to say, I don't think our cars will ever fall into the high a category of collectable in the future. Don't get me wrong, I think they will eventually gain value and may even command prices that will compare to those when the cars were new, but think about the inflation factor. I did not buy the car as an investment, I bought it to enjoy!

I have never LOVED a car as much as I do my SRT6 (and I have owned over 30). What an absolute wonderful blend of exotic performance and style. What other car seems to have such a fascination over those few lucky of us who get to possess these special cars? Actually that is incorrect, I think many of us are possessed by this vehicle. We sneak out to the garage in the middle of the night just to make sure it is safe LOL. While there we feel compelled to stop and stare at its sensual lines, running our fingers over its countoured body.....gotta stop there, that is freaking EVEN me out! LMAO

As far as mods go, while the original design is beautiful, I feel that the Creator provided an unfinished canvas to allow us to fulfill our design fantasy. I disagree with the statement that it is "...original only once!" Every time I take my "paintbrush" to it, it becomes even more unique. To me "original" means unlike any other. As a result I have an original each and every time.

If having an orignial means being afraid to affect it's value, I guess I will have to settle for UNIQUE.

WIWWM-ICSSATC afflicted and loving it!

I find the article very interesting. As many references were made to the 70s scat pack cars. Hated in there day but a prized possession today. I will have to say that owning a full service restoration/ hot rod shop. That this is what lead me to buy a crossfire. Only speculation as to the value some 25 yrs from now. But the cars did ruffle some feathers. So I will put my money on the cars having a turn around in value at about the 20yr mark. I will say this enjoy your car as it is yours. But I can tell you from collectors point of view is that any car that will bring top dollar in the future will be an unmolested original. No mods of any kind. Mods boil down to personal taste and what may be trendy today will look dated in the future.So keep all the parts you swap out. You won't be sorry if the market does take a turn for the better. A rule of thumb for a collector is and will be. "They will only be original once"
Tim

Old 03-20-2010, 10:28 PM

I believe its your car and you can do as you would like. How ever original is unrestored and deviation from as released by the factory, As foe a resto mod. Well I can tell you that the resto mod crowd takes a beating at Barrett/ Jackson every year. As I can tell you that as nice as some of cars are they just don't bring the money most have invested. I'm all for doing what ever it is that makes your car Yours. As we build one off cars in our shop along with restored cars. 2 years ago there was a 1970 Cuda that was a one off bad*ss car. carbon fiber front clip. The best of everything. It was build by Johnsons hot rod shop. I took Street machine iof the year. Just a killer car. It was owned by Bob Johnson( No relation to the builder) Anyway I know him pretty well. I know he had a little over a1 mill invested in the build. It had the premier spot on Saturday night at Barret Jackson and stalled at 250,000 and finally brought 500,000 . Bob built the car to his liking. It was never an investment for hm. Just a passion as many of us have. My only point was that from a dollar stand point. An original will bring the highest dollar. Should that be a concern. No not really. The article is what brought me to that point. As the writer was comparing the Crossfire to a Daytona Super bird. The only reason the Superbird was released i\to the public was because in order to run the Nascar series the cars had to be production cars to run. I'm sure it was quit a sight to see a row of winged warriors lined up at a dealership in the day. I was by no means knocking anyone that has made there car more personal to themselves. As if you really knew me, I'm one that just can't leave well enough alone. I'm already look at doing some trick cosmetics to the Crossfire and I've only had the thing a week. But hey I guess it's just in our blood.
Tim
Tim
Originally Posted by SRT SIX
I believe you are accurate as far as collectors wanting original cars, however, watching the TV auctions has led me to the belief that a well done "resto-mod" can bring big bucks as well.

That said, and as much as it pains me to say, I don't think our cars will ever fall into the high a category of collectable in the future. Don't get me wrong, I think they will eventually gain value and may even command prices that will compare to those when the cars were new, but think about the inflation factor. I did not buy the car as an investment, I bought it to enjoy!

I have never LOVED a car as much as I do my SRT6 (and I have owned over 30). What an absolute wonderful blend of exotic performance and style. What other car seems to have such a fascination over those few lucky of us who get to possess these special cars? Actually that is incorrect, I think many of us are possessed by this vehicle. We sneak out to the garage in the middle of the night just to make sure it is safe LOL. While there we feel compelled to stop and stare at its sensual lines, running our fingers over its countoured body.....gotta stop there, that is freaking EVEN me out! LMAO

As far as mods go, while the original design is beautiful, I feel that the Creator provided an unfinished canvas to allow us to fulfill our design fantasy. I disagree with the statement that it is "...original only once!" Every time I take my "paintbrush" to it, it becomes even more unique. To me "original" means unlike any other. As a result I have an original each and every time.

If having an orignial means being afraid to affect it's value, I guess I will have to settle for UNIQUE.

WIWWM-ICSSATC afflicted and loving it!

Old 03-21-2010, 12:22 AM

Tim,

I didn't mean anything personal toward you. Just a comment on my opinion that as wonderful as our cars are, they will probably never come close to Corvettes, Cudas, Mustangs et al from a resale point down the road. Most of us on this forum are just a might goofy when it comes to our babies and can be very defensive like a mother hen. I think you made a very wise choice and can't wait to see what a pro can do to one of these sweethearts.

BTW where are you located, I am sure you can get some business from forum members (if you want it - LOL)

Karl

I believe its your car and you can do as you would like. How ever original is unrestored and deviation from as released by the factory, As foe a resto mod. Well I can tell you that the resto mod crowd takes a beating at Barrett/ Jackson every year. As I can tell you that as nice as some of cars are they just don't bring the money most have invested. I'm all for doing what ever it is that makes your car Yours. As we build one off cars in our shop along with restored cars. 2 years ago there was a 1970 Cuda that was a one off bad*ss car. carbon fiber front clip. The best of everything. It was build by Johnsons hot rod shop. I took Street machine iof the year. Just a killer car. It was owned by Bob Johnson( No relation to the builder) Anyway I know him pretty well. I know he had a little over a1 mill invested in the build. It had the premier spot on Saturday night at Barret Jackson and stalled at 250,000 and finally brought 500,000 . Bob built the car to his liking. It was never an investment for hm. Just a passion as many of us have. My only point was that from a dollar stand point. An original will bring the highest dollar. Should that be a concern. No not really. The article is what brought me to that point. As the writer was comparing the Crossfire to a Daytona Super bird. The only reason the Superbird was released i\to the public was because in order to run the Nascar series the cars had to be production cars to run. I'm sure it was quit a sight to see a row of winged warriors lined up at a dealership in the day. I was by no means knocking anyone that has made there car more personal to themselves. As if you really knew me, I'm one that just can't leave well enough alone. I'm already look at doing some trick cosmetics to the Crossfire and I've only had the thing a week. But hey I guess it's just in our blood.
Tim
Tim

Old 03-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

He's in my back yard baby....lol.....Indy....right downtown, well....close to downtown....I will be stopping by and checking the place out...lol....really just to meet another motorhead XF owner...

Old 03-21-2010, 02:19 AM
Forum Regular

...I have never LOVED a car as much as I do my SRT6 (and I have owned over 30). What an absolute wonderful blend of exotic performance and style. What other car seems to have such a fascination over those few lucky of us who get to possess these special cars? Actually that is incorrect, I think many of us are possessed by this vehicle. We sneak out to the garage in the middle of the night just to make sure it is safe LOL...
sheeyat, you do that too?

"every damn night!?!?!"-weird science 1985

Old 03-21-2010, 09:08 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

LOL ...I used to check in on the my kids in the middle of the night....now I check on the SRT6.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:59 AM

Karl, No offense taken at all. I actually like what you have done with your car. And I totally understand the way you feel about your car. They are a really neat piece. Just like everyone on this forum I spent my money on a crossfire just like you. The more I find out about this car the more intrigued I'm about this car. I hear stories all the time( not all quit factual) about the Muscle cars of the 60 and early 70s. Stories of how fast they were. Well as they are very kool cars and I like each and every one. Some of the 1/4 miles times these people remember are not quit as true as they have found memories of. Instock form a 69 superbee with 383 would really only turn high 13s. So in comparison the crossfire is a car that has potential to be added to the muscle car loar in the future. I my opinion Chrysler has become a company that produces limited run cars or specialties cars. That in it self is something to note. As later down the road you/well everyone here can say they were a part of that era.
Tim
As doc said we are in Indy. I'm not here to silicate our shop. I'm here just to learn more about the crossfire and make some new friends.
Its nice that some people has an interest in what i do for a living, As I would not trade it for the world.
Tim,

I didn't mean anything personal toward you. Just a comment on my opinion that as wonderful as our cars are, they will probably never come close to Corvettes, Cudas, Mustangs et al from a resale point down the road. Most of us on this forum are just a might goofy when it comes to our babies and can be very defensive like a mother hen. I think you made a very wise choice and can't wait to see what a pro can do to one of these sweethearts.

BTW where are you located, I am sure you can get some business from forum members (if you want it - LOL)

Karl

Old 03-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HooniverseJeff
My pleasure guys...

The tags for the 2nd post (About the upcoming Forum Wars show) was just a joke due to your interest in the first post (the Parting shot).

Are any of you folks located in Southern California? If so, I think it would be both funny and awesome if we could meet up and so a quasi-review of your vehicle... We would photograph the car and give driving impressions.

Feel free to email me at Jeff@Hooniverse.com if you are interested...

thanks again guys
Someone should take him up on this ... hopefully with a black SRT6 roadster

Old 03-22-2010, 09:00 AM

As doc said we are in Indy. I'm not here to silicate our shop. I'm here just to learn more about the crossfire and make some new friends.
Its nice that some people has an interest in what i do for a living, As I would not trade it for the world.
Originally Posted by oledoc2u
He's in my back yard baby....lol.....Indy....right downtown, well....close to downtown....I will be stopping by and checking the place out...lol....really just to meet another motorhead XF owner...
Doc, you better call me when you head down, after all, you will have to pass by my house anyway

I would love to have a look at the shop, if you are offering Any car guy is a friend of mine....

Old 03-22-2010, 05:33 PM

Any of you guys are more than welcome to stop by any time you like. We do some open houses for some of the street rod guys during the summer. They will have a rod run and start out at our shop, or make it a stop during there trip. We arre always glad to have any car clubs stop by.
If any one is interested in what is going on in our shop and have a facebook page. We up date ours just about every day.
Just look us up.
Paradise Road Rod & Custom.
Tim
Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Doc, you better call me when you head down, after all, you will have to pass by my house anyway

I would love to have a look at the shop, if you are offering Any car guy is a friend of mine....

Old 03-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Any of you guys are more than welcome to stop by any time you like. We do some open houses for some of the street rod guys during the summer. They will have a rod run and start out at our shop, or make it a stop during there trip. We arre always glad to have any car clubs stop by.
If any one is interested in what is going on in our shop and have a facebook page. We up date ours just about every day.
Just look us up.
Paradise Road Rod & Custom.
Tim
thanks for the invite, we will make a run down in warmer weather...and yes, John, you can drive the SRT down there....w/ me.....lol