Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

ugh...another d*m* survey

Old 02-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ugh...another d*m* survey

do y'all actually fill out those surveys? just got another and i'll bet that makes about 15 of 'em. 8 pages. itsy-bitsy type. couple of 'em included a nice new dollar bill like that's gunna buy an hour of my time. the one from chrysler i did but the rest go in the trash.

the one i got today get's into all kinds of head-shrinker stuff like "what is your personal emotional response to the oil-filler??...on a ten point scale?

dan

Old 02-27-2004, 06:12 AM
Forum Regular

My dealer said that when I get my survey, if I bring it in and fill it out in front of them, he'll fill up my gas tank. If I get 15 surey's in the mail, I wonder if I get 15 tanks of gas.

Old 02-27-2004, 06:13 AM

Has anyone else gotten the surveys that come with a single dollar bill inside?
I guess it's to pay you for taking the survey. I got 2 of them and on each one I answered 1 question. I put a note in the return envelope with the survey and told them I would answer the rest of the questions when they paid me the rest of my money. I told them my going rate is $1.00 per question. Ummmm, I wonder why I haven't heard back from them.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 02-27-2004, 11:33 AM

These surveysall o f them from all companiesstarted out as a good idea. To wit, improve the dealerships. However, I think they've become a bit of a scam, and are largely worthless. Example: in 2000 I bought my wife a Nissan Xterra. The salesman went to great lengths to stress how important the pending survey would be to his biz. OK, yeah, finec i was happy so i expected to give them a "thumbs up". However, between the purchase and receipt of the survey I received three calls from the dealer; each one offering a greater incentive. Car washes, gas, oil changesc all at no charge. The last call, he told me to bring the survey with me for the free stuff and he'd fillit out for me. I questioned the ethic of that, but was told most of his customers do that. Obviously, this totally invalidates the survey. In my case, I laid out these conversations in the survey, and gave them a negative rating.

My bad experience with my local "5 Star' dealer brings into question this whole survey/ 5 Star thing.Yet another idea gone bad.

The only survey that counts is when you and I lay down a contract signature at a dealership.

WMichaels:" love it!

Old 02-27-2004, 11:51 AM

In addition to the Chrysler survey I have received three. One from JD Power, another from a marketing group, and a recent one I just trashed. I did get a nice crispy one dollar bill in the first two, but not in the last one.

I would have completed the JD Power survey anyway as I feel they are a responsible organization providing a vital service for the consumer.

I completeted the Chrysler as honestly as possible dispite my dealers advice to rate everything as excellent.