Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Left Coast Hook-up

Old 04-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
Originally Posted by rabbitroodle
So even if I don't have mine by then, can I still join you on the 15th? I just got the call from my dealership, the Roadster is indeed delayed (ONLY 1 MORE DAY IN MY COUNTDOWN!). Since I want no regrets in my Crossfire, I will wait until it comes before I decide on Coupe or Roadster. But I would love to meet up with you all. I promise to drive 2 miles behind the pack. I would understand if you say "You can't be a part of the club until you have the car." And if so, just ignore me if you see a 40ish, crazed red-head staring at your cars from the bushes.....drooling and weeping.
Come on down!!!! Happy to have you!!! Where do you want to meet up with us and I'll add your name to the list???
I'm already on the list.....

5. Nepenthe on Highway 1. Not too far south of Carmel, their restaurant might be a good get-to-know-everyone early dinner stop. The famous "17 mile drive" would top off the trip if done during daylight hours. Drivers: Dick Bohnsack, rabbitroodle, Reg Kittrelle, Caught in a Crossfire, AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane

I just wanted to make sure I was still invited. There might be an off chance that I will have SOMETHING by then, there was no ETA given on the Roadster.....I might just give up and go for the Coupe that I already love. I guess I will be the Sneech on the beach without a star. (Dr. Suess reference)

Old 04-21-2004, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by rabbitroodle
So even if I don't have mine by then, can I still join you on the 15th? I just got the call from my dealership, the Roadster is indeed delayed (ONLY 1 MORE DAY IN MY COUNTDOWN!). Since I want no regrets in my Crossfire, I will wait until it comes before I decide on Coupe or Roadster. But I would love to meet up with you all. I promise to drive 2 miles behind the pack. I would understand if you say "You can't be a part of the club until you have the car." And if so, just ignore me if you see a 40ish, crazed red-head staring at your cars from the bushes.....drooling and weeping.
You are more than welcome - and don't you dare drive 2 miles behind us!!! You are definitely part of the club ... so looking forward to seeing you on the 15th. Don't forget to PM AZ - let him know your name - and also what kind of car you have, so we'll know it is you. :roll:

Old 04-21-2004, 12:08 PM

Roger wilco Vegascrossfire, sent AZ the info.

Old 04-21-2004, 01:04 PM

Whats up all!!!!

Im in Im in Im in!!!! Sorry... Just a little excited about this many X-Fires comming together! By the way... thanks Diane for the invite, saw that you mentioned me signing up! Looking forward to meeting all of you.

I live in Santa Barbara... I am planning on driving all the way up, but will probably be meeting you all here in my "neck of the woods." Please let me know the meeting spot for Santa Barbara. (I could also suggest a certain spot that we could meet here and then a little street drive to the freeway that is bound to give us some heavy attention! If you are into that sort of thing... AND I KNOW WE ALL ARE WITH OUR CARS!!!)

Let me know whats up! I will be looking forward to seeing you all very soon!

P.S. I lived in Vegas for many years... which part are you from VegasCrossfire???

Old 04-21-2004, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Will The Thrill
P.S. I lived in Vegas for many years... which part are you from VegasCrossfire???
We live out in the Northwest part of town. Right across the highway from the Santa Fe Hotel. Moved to this part of town over 13 years ago when hardly anyone lived out here. I used to think they built US95 just for me. Now I know they built it for the 500,000 people that have moved out my way in the last 10 years :roll: So it depends upon how long ago you moved as to whether you will know what I'm talking about :wink:

Looking forward to seeing you in May. This will be awesome!! :shock:

Since you have a suggestion of where to meet, I bet AZ would be happy to post it for you.

And of course we WANT THE ATTENTION!!! :roll: :shock: :lol: :wink:

Old 04-21-2004, 01:34 PM

Good stuff!!!

I sent AZ some info... Im sure that we will figure something out and post it soon!

Vegas: I know exactly where that is and know exactly what you mean!!! lol! I used to live in Green Valley before it exploded also, but my high school girlfriend live out where you are. Loved that highway!!! This was only 6 years ago, but still at that time there werent too many people and the road was always clear!!!
Looking forward to meeting you too!!!

Best wishes to all!

Old 04-21-2004, 11:07 PM

There will be lot's of great photo ops during the trip, one in particular would be Gaviota Pass with a view of the ocean and the huge Oak trees. Don't forget the cameras.

Old 04-22-2004, 12:32 AM

So....
I was thinking that the best place in Santa Barbara to meet up at the DoubleTree hotel parking lot on Cabrillo Blvd. (Take the 101 North to Cabrillo Blvd., its a left exit off the freeway, make a left onto Cabrillo Blvd., and then a right into the DoubleTree parking lot. Address 633 E. Cabrillo Blvd.)

If we meet there, we will be able to all drive along the ocean front in Santa Barbara (where on Saturdays there is an art festival that lines the street and lots of people are walking by. Attention spot numero uno!

Then, we will make a right onto State Street, (the main street in Santa Barbara where EVERYONE is out shopping on a Saturday morning) and left onto Carillo St. which leads straight back to the 101!

Definately a really beautiful little side step and an extremely wonderful head turning oppertunity. I could even see if I can get my brother to take some nice pics as we all pass by!

Let me know what you think! :lol:

Old 04-22-2004, 02:06 AM

Join us!

I'll edit this update or post future ones as they come in to keep the momentum going. PM AZ Outlaws with your cell phone and whether you have walkie talkies to bring along so he can create a private list to coordinate stops.

Even if you're not sure if you can make it, let us know if we should add your name to the Drivers List!

Please note that times and meeting places are subject to change! If you know the area and think the driving times are off, or if you want to suggest a better meeting place or itinerary, we're happy to make changes!

SATURDAY, MAY 15:

:arrow: 1. 8:00am Santa Monica, Highway 1...next stretch is along coast thru Malibu...very pretty. Meeting time is early morning TBD (8 or 9am?), and meeting place is the parking lot of the Comfort Inn at 2815 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica. Drivers: AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane, PageOneResults, Sunny9850

:arrow: 2. 9:30am TBD: Oxnard/Ventura/Port Hueneme, Highway 1 and 101 join here...next stretch is along ocean up through Santa Barbara...should be green (or brown in a heat wave) rolling hills. Drivers: Caught in a Crossfire, AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane, PageOneResults, Sunny9850

:arrow: 3. 10:30am Doubletree Hotel Parking Lot: Santa Barbara/Gaviota, Highway 101 where it just veers inland (we'll figure out later if we want to drive on the 1 or the 101 across the Lompoc Penninsula...neither is along beach...1 is rural, and 101 is more of a straight shot). To get to the meeting spot, take 101 North to Cabrillo Blvd., left exit off the freeway, left onto Cabrillo Blvd., right into the hotel parking lot. Address 633 E. Cabrillo Blvd. From there we will be able to all drive along the ocean front in Santa Barbara (where on Saturdays there is an art festival) Then, we will make a right onto State Street, (the main street in Santa Barbara where EVERYONE is out shopping on a Saturday morning) and left onto Carillo St. which leads straight back to the 101! Drivers: Caught in a Crossfire, AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane, Will the Thrill, Sunny9850

:arrow: 4. 1:30pm Pismo Beach's famous McClintocks Steakhouse is an easy landmark off the 101 after the 1 and 101 join up again. To save time, we'll skip a sit-down lunch if everyone agrees and maybe make a minimart stop for gas and food as we go through San Luis Obispo on the 101 and then it splits back to the 1 down to Morro Bay and along the ocean past Hearst Castle. This begins some of the most beautiful coastal driving...virtually on a cliff overlooking the ocean all the way up to Big Sur. Drivers: Reg Kittrelle, Caught in a Crossfire, AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane, Will the Thrill, Sunny9850

:arrow: 5. 5:30pm The park entrance to the 17 mile drive on Highway 1. Not too far south of Carmel and near the beginning of the famous "17 mile drive" that would top off the trip if done during daylight hours. Following the 17 mile drive, we can all do dinner in Carmel around 7:00pm. Drivers: Dick Bohnsack, rabbitroodle, Reg Kittrelle, Caught in a Crossfire, AZ Outlaws, Vegas Crossfire, Diane, Will the Thrill, Sunny9850, cgates

:arrow: 6. Monterey on Highway 1. Final destination for some to stay the night. From here, it's easy to cut back to the 101 for a "straight shot" drive (vs winding highway 1) south back to Los Angeles...about 6 hours drive.

Old 04-22-2004, 09:19 AM

For those of you that don't know Santa Barbara, You need to be in the LEFT lane on 101 to exit at Cabrillo, then head down the incline to the bay . See you there!

Old 04-23-2004, 12:50 AM

Everyone: A couple of notes:

1. I tried to attach some times to the meeting stops (see my previous edited post), but am not sure how accurate they are so let me know if you think they should be adjusted (as a leadfoot, I'd make the whole drive in a straight shot in 7 hours myself, but that's only to stop for gas and munchies from the minimart).

2. It looks like we have definite meeting places at the Comfort Inn and the Doubletree; thanks to AZ and Will for the suggestions!

3. Originally, I was thinking that Nepenthe was a good stop to even include an early dinner, but the more I think about it, that's a crowded place and I'm sure there'll be a long wait at the restaurant. It may be better to meet at the entrance to the 17 mile drive (there's a park entrance with a fee...I think it's $7 or so). That will ensure we see the 17 mile drive during daylight, and then we can go to dinner after. What do you think, Dick and Rabbitroodle?

4. AZ and I were thinking that it may be best to skip a formal lunch stop (could easily add 90-120 minutes to the trip) and to use the time for more more photo opps and some off highway drives through some of the picturesque towns along the central coast. Maybe just grab a quick bite during gasoline stops?

Thanks!

Old 04-23-2004, 12:56 AM

i'm watching this thread at a distance with some envy. sounds great.

i've lost track: how many x-fires do you expect to have lined-up so far???

dan

Old 04-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan... Seems like 9 - 11 or so. See the other thread under Crossfire Meets... Come on down and join us!!!

Old 04-23-2004, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
Dan... Seems like 9 - 11 or so. See the other thread under Crossfire Meets... Come on down and join us!!!
honestly, i've given it some thought but los angeles alone is 1600 miles west/northwest 1-way and for the moment, all my extra money is going for flight lessons.

i would really think chrysler would be taking some interest in this. the foto-ops will be great. seems like a no-brainer for the chrysler magazine. between the diverse demograpics of the group and the world-class landscapes it's a car-writers dream. just about writes itself. anyone contact them?

dan

Old 04-23-2004, 12:17 PM

:shock: That was a great idea. I remember thinking about letting the magazine know before, and I completely forgot. I just emailed them letting them know about the trip. Maybe if they get a couple of emails from people, they will listen. If anyone else would like to let the Magazine know about our adventure, please email them at: chryslermagazineletters@bbdodetroit.com.

Are we there yet?? :lol: :wink:

Old 04-23-2004, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by houstondan
I would really think chrysler would be taking some interest in this. the foto-ops will be great. seems like a no-brainer for the chrysler magazine. between the diverse demograpics of the group and the world-class landscapes it's a car-writers dream. just about writes itself. anyone contact them?

dan
Dan/Vegas...

Good idea... keep in mind they just did an article on the Big Sur area in Chyrser Magazine back in Dec... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 04-23-2004, 04:03 PM

Good idea on not eating at Nepethe, how about lunch at Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo. It's large, easy to get to, off 101 just before the turn off on 1 to Morro Bay.

This is kinda of self serving, I'm planning on driving down to San Luis Obispo and hooking up with the group when they come through.

Old 04-23-2004, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by cgates
Good idea on not eating at Nepethe, how about lunch at Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo. It's large, easy to get to, off 101 just before the turn off on 1 to Morro Bay.

This is kinda of self serving, I'm planning on driving down to San Luis Obispo and hooking up with the group when they come through.
Check a few posts up for diane's post on the trip. I think we're going to forgo a sit down lunch, we'll circle some fast food place in San Luis Obispo for a quick bite to eat and gas. As it stands now, we're planning on dinner at the end of the trip. Place to be determined.

I've been crunching some numbers today... looks like the trip be will be 365 miles or so and take the better part of 10 to 11 hours or so starting from Santa Monica. We'll be stopping along the way for photo ops etc. We're going to be hard pressed to get to Monterey by night fall as it is.

If we leave Santa Monica at 8:00 sharp, we should be in San Luis Obispo say 12:30 or so. I'll post the waypoints and arrival times a little closer to the departure date. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Old 04-23-2004, 11:41 PM

:shock: Slight Change of plan. AZ and Diane have been busy doing the schedule and AZOutlaws asked me if I would collect cell phone numbers. So.....I have the cell phone numbers of Diane and the Gates. Would everyone else please PM me with your cell phone number so I can start a list? Sorry if you have already sent your number to one of the others ... that's OK - cause everyone going will get your number anyway. But please PM me so I can coordinate that part of it.

3 weeks from tonight - some of us will be pulling into Santa Monica anticipating the big day of Saturday the 15th!!! :wink:

Old 04-23-2004, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by VegasCrossfire
"3 weeks from tonight - some of us will be pulling into Santa Monica anticipating the big day of Saturday the 15th!!! :wink:
...and some of us will already be there waiting with big grins on our faces!!!

Quick Reply: Left Coast Hook-up